hartlepool match thread (small h intended)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking into account that some of our pundits do not rate Sam he had an excellent game and the Hartlepool goalkeeper made Sam’s distribution world class Disappointing to see we have a left wing ba

As a team I don’t think your far away at all, nothing to beat in this league it’s very average, it must be we have won 8 on the bounce at home, yet are garbage away.  One team always goes on a ru

And with ten men too. Imagine not beating ten man Town. How tinpot. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, greg45 said:

3rd or 4th top scorers in the league aren’t we? So I’m not exactly sure every other team does finish better than we do.

We’ve scored so much despite being the league’s worst passers and finishers because we’re simply the best at locking onto wayward opposition balls.

• Like 1

Shoddy defending for their goal, but it was a well worked routine.

we don’t seem to start pressing them until they cross the halfway line, we need to press them higher up the pitch.

having said all that, we aren’t out of this and have had a couple of decent chances. Sometimes when we are getting forward down the wing I’d like to see an earlier cross in towards Hyde, rather than turning around and laying it off for someone else to, by which time they have flooded the box with defenders. 

• Like 1

The corner in the final minutes when Bradbury glanced the header....I like Bradbury but what would have Paul Stoneman done with that.....they'd still be mending the net!!!!

Also, when they have the ball at the back there's no pressing at all unlike when we have the ball theyre chasing us down and making us rush our passes. Thats the difference!

• Like 1

Missed the goal, but must say we look dangerous going forward. Earring unlucky hitting the post. Bradbury at the end just needed a firmer touch.

For some reason we don’t seem to be pressing as much as hartlepool. Jack Senior has had far too many wayward passes.

Need to pick up the tempo and take the game to The monkey hangers. Fancy Campbell to score.