hartlepool match thread (small h intended)

Don’t think anyone can have too many major complaints tonight. Definitely a fair result. We are badly missing Summerfield in midfield.

Unfortunately we aren’t quite good enough for the playoffs. We aren’t a million miles away but the injuries/inconsistency have us in a deserved mid table position.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking into account that some of our pundits do not rate Sam he had an excellent game and the Hartlepool goalkeeper made Sam’s distribution world class Disappointing to see we have a left wing ba

As a team I don’t think your far away at all, nothing to beat in this league it’s very average, it must be we have won 8 on the bounce at home, yet are garbage away.  One team always goes on a ru

And with ten men too. Imagine not beating ten man Town. How tinpot. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

What i still can’t believe is how bad that result were against Barnet. They are utter crap and we couldn’t beat them 

They did score the best goal I've seen in any match we've played this season though. 

Just now, halifaxmark said:

Stockport goal against us was better 

No, the Solihull one scored by the lad who was playing in the local league last year was top class 

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

8 points off the play offs. Don't think we have a run In us 

It’s difficult to call really, there are so many games left and most teams above us have played more games than us. Alty, for example, have played 4 more - win only 2 of those and we go above them. And if Dover’s results get expunged that will help our cause further. It could honestly go either way for us at the moment, I still think we can finish in one of those play off spots.

4 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

It’s difficult to call really, there are so many games left and most teams above us have played more games than us. Alty, for example, have played 4 more - win only 2 of those and we go above them. And if Dover’s results get expunged that will help our cause further. It could honestly go either way for us at the moment, I still think we can finish in one of those play off spots.

My concern is the table to date tells us we dont have consistency in us. The win, loss and draw columns are almost identical. We need to put a run together the form so far in the season says we are just as capable of throwing a Barnet in as we are a Torquay

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

My concern is the table to date tells us we dont have consistency in us. The win, loss and draw columns are almost identical. We need to put a run together the form so far in the season says we are just as capable of throwing a Barnet in as we are a Torquay

Agreed, the inconsistency has been infuriating. We’ve had such rotten luck with injuries this season, though, and that can’t have helped. If we’d managed to have a settled side I can see we’d easily have managed an extra 10-15 points 

• Like 3

Correct me if I am wrong as the seasons get mixed up but were we not in a similar position the season we made the semis against Cambridge at this point. Last night we got turned over from a short corner for the second time this season so fans saying if Nathan was playing it would not have happen but was he not playing when it happened last time. I thought Campbell looked totally uninterested last night and King had his poorest game this season, I don´t think the constraints of playing in a back 4 help his game at all.

14 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Plus an extra 1 as it was his second red of the season.

It depends what the ref classed it as, he may class it as violent conduct, it was a very heavy challenge. That would be 3 plus at least 1 more for his previous suspension.

8 hours ago, riccardo259 said:

Dovers results being expunged will mean we are 3 points closer to quite a few teams.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, townmad said:

It depends what the ref classed it as, he may class it as violent conduct, it was a very heavy challenge. That would be 3 plus at least 1 more for his previous suspension.

I’m not sure it was that bad. He went in for the challenge very early 

8 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

I’m not sure it was that bad. He went in for the challenge very early 

Yeah I didn't see it as a bad challenge, more a 'denying a goal scoring opportunity' than a 'violent conduct' one in my book.

Piss poor game, shows how wide open this league is. Need some quality bringing in if we want the play-offs, otherwise the objective is surely just to reach the end of the season and aim for better next term.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Greggs said:

I still believe our second half of the season will be better than the first half .. and if we can get back Clarke  summerfield and keep hyde fit .. I think we have it in us to go on a decent run 

play offs still very much in my mind .. and important that you finish the season on form .. rather than last season when our form was trailing off 

Edited by Nick

Clarke back in full time training .. might need him soon enough .. 

think he will stop the goal a game leakage 

Edited by Nick
11 minutes ago, Nick said:

I still believe our second half of the season will be better than the first half .. and if we can get back brown summerfield and keep hyde fit .. I think we have it in us to go on a decent run 

play offs still very much in my mind .. and important that you finish the season on form .. rather than last season when our form was trailing off 

You want to buy Brown back from York.:rolleyes: