• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What also impressed me is how we played out the last 5 minutes limiting Torquay to one attack and that came from a foul by Maher. So many teams have done that to us over the years at The Shay. Great j

You can say what you like about this team, their faults, their frailties, but what a joy they are to watch.  It's a team with identity and attacking intent. They might not be good enough to go up

Town keep up their excellent record at Plainmoor when the fans aren't allowed in.

Posted Images

Just now, Churchy said:

Hope that is a corner turned. Get other lads fit and we might come good. 

Campbell played well imo but he is no striker. Scored 10 goals in 133 matches? 

Maybe move him to midfield, he holds the ball up well but yeh lacks that killer instinct I’d say...

4 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

That was brilliant. Most of my memories of Torquay away are waiting up as a kid when this was always a Saturday night fixture to wait for the result on MOTD, which was usually Torquay United 1/2/3 Halifax Town 0. The worst was crying myself to sleep in 1971 when we lost there 2-0 midweek in April 71 to end our promotion hopes from Div. 3. Love the Town.

4 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

That was brilliant. Most of my memories of Torquay away are waiting up as a kid when this was always a Saturday night fixture to wait for the result on MOTD, which was usually Torquay United 1/2/3 Halifax Town 0. The worst was crying myself to sleep in 1971 when we lost there 2-0 midweek in April 71 to end our promotion hopes from Div. 3. Love the Town.

The 70s following the Town....the 80s the 90s 2000s 2010s 2020s and 2021/// we love the shaymen.

• Like 1

It’s a funny old game , Tuesday against the bottom of the league we were dire ( except king ) today a slow start but we got better as the game went and a good all round team performance , and we beat top off the league Torquay tipical shaymen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Went to top of the league, completely outplayed them second half and the only time they’ve tested Big Sam was from the penalty spot. Absolutely outstanding from everyone involved tonight

Absolutely fantastic.

Well done Earring you were sh!te against Barnet , but credit to you - outstanding today Doing the things we know you can do.

Loving Jeff King absolutely superb player. Concedes two penalties but has the confidence to know that he can score the winner. He really has become an awesome player.

Stunning result and a perfect response to Tuesdays pitiful display. In front of BT Sports cameras as well. IO Shaymen.

• Like 3

Well I was wrong. Great second half performance, two good goals and plenty of commitment from every player. Even Sam had a good game, commanded his area well and even his kicking improved.  If only we could show some consistancy we would of been serious play off contenders. Never the less well done everyone and a safe journey home.

• Like 1

We were up against it first half with the wind so was going to be tricky. Second half we’ve completely out played them. Well deserved win in the end.

Other than 2 penalties Torquay were restricted to half chances. I must admit, I thought when Campbell missed that sitter I had a bad feeling we’d go on to lose but glad we stuck in there. 

3 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Loving Jeff King absolutely superb player. Concedes two penalties but has the confidence to know that he can score the winner. He really has become an awesome player.

Be interesting to play him right midfield with a strong right back behind him if Wild sticks with 4-4-2. Thought our attacking pace 2nd half was outstanding.

12 minutes ago, Churchy said:

Hope that is a corner turned. Get other lads fit and we might come good. 

Campbell played well imo but he is no striker. Scored 10 goals in 133 matches? 

Great pass to Earing for his goal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1