"On Tuesday morning, Jack Dunn was sat in his car outside a Costa Coffee drive-through in Speke, waiting for the information that would define the rest of his day.

In May 2014, he played for Liverpool’s first team as a late substitute in an end of season friendly against Shamrock Rovers at Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. He scored as well, making it 4-0.

Nearly seven years later, he is on trial at FC Halifax Town in the National League. If that night’s game at Barnet goes ahead, the Halifax squad will travel south by coach and he will go home to Runcorn, where he lives with his girlfriend Emma, and their baby boy, Teddy.

If the game is postponed, he will instead get on the motorway and drive an hour and 20 minutes to Leeds, where Halifax train, and try for the fourth time in five days to impress manager Pete Wild.

• Like 1

Looks like another player who has dotted about at a number of places and never really found a niche. Maybe he will come good with us, but I probably won't be holding my breath:

Jack Dunn
Personal information
Full name Jack Anthony Dunn[1]
Date of birth 19 November 1994 (age 26)
Place of birth Liverpool, England
Position(s) Striker / Winger / Attacking midfielder
Club information
Current team
Southport
(on loan from Warrington Town)
Youth career
2010–2015 Liverpool
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2015–2017 Liverpool 0 (0)
2015  Cheltenham Town (loan) 5 (3)
2015  Burton Albion (loan) 1 (0)
2016  Morecambe (loan) 7 (1)
2017  Tranmere Rovers (loan) 5 (0)
2017–2018 Tranmere Rovers 9 (0)
2018– Warrington Town    
2018  Widnes (loan)    
2020–  Southport (loan)    
National team
2011 England U17 6 (0)
2012 England U18 1 (0)
2012 England U19 2 (0)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only

Looking at that stat sheet above its not very impressive is it??? I'm not having a go at the lad before we've even seen owt of him but 27 appearences in 6yrs??? And he's listed as Striker/Winger/Midfielder and only 4 goals??? 😛

26 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Where has this rumour come from? 

Can we just never get someone that we know is good rather than these wildcard players 

He's probably not even being paid bar expenses, its something we should be constantly doing and probably are.

The problem with signing players that we know are good is...everyone knows there good and its not easy to then sign.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Where has this rumour come from? 

Can we just never get someone that we know is good rather than these wildcard players 

The Athletic have done a piece on him, which mentions the fact that we currently have him on a trial

2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Looking at that stat sheet above its not very impressive is it??? I'm not having a go at the lad before we've even seen owt of him but 27 appearences in 6yrs??? And he's listed as Striker/Winger/Midfielder and only 4 goals??? 😛

Those stats are incorrect. Their is a video of him scoring a hatrick for morecambe for one

• Like 1

Dunn put this out on Twitter on February 2nd. Basically a "Gis a job!" plea. Maybe Wild or Milly saw it, and have helped out?

This maybe a long shot as I’m in the same boat as a lot of lads but I’m currently a free agent with no representation just want to get back on the pitch playing football so if anyone can help out or knows anybody it would be massively helpful