Match thread Boreham Wood v FCHT

Just now, Benfcht said:

He can be a bit weak in scrappy, physical games like today but it doesn’t help that there’s not a midfielder behind him who can thread balls through the lines for him. We played a back 5 today with two holding midfielders. Thats essentially 7 defensive minded players. Can’t get much more negative than that and it certainly doesn’t help attacking players like King.

He is a playmaker, he has to go looking for the ball when it's not getting to him, he drifts out of games when it gets tough, he needs to grab the game by the balls and influence it a lot more then he does to be anything better than an average NL player. 

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their keeper made two quality saves first half, and Town had plenty of the ball second half to have won it. A bit of luck or a bit more quality and we would have won at a canter. We weren't disgraced

Terra have a day off

I wonder how much it cost them to hire their fans? 

Just now, AJS said:

Agree with this but he's got to get stuck in more. Several times he pulled out of challenges which is unacceptable

Yeah don’t get me wrong I’m not defending King on that, physically he has to improve and not pull out of 50/50s. Was just pointing out that it’s hard for a creative player like him to get in the game when the ball is being pumped from defence to attack, bypassing the midfield because neither Staunton or Cooper wanted to take the ball from the defence and actually do anything useful with it.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Greggs said:

Speaking of next season.. who is actually signed on? I couldnt name off top of my head anymore than Brown and Johnson. Sure Allen signed for 2 years? another that needs to move back outside far bigger threat out there.

Johnson,Brown, Earing,Hanson & Allen.

I know what guys..let's all turn against each other because we lost..grow the f u c k up ..I'm proud of what we done ..we absolutely dominated the first half...and sadley lost..that's football...any of you not happy with what we have done this season need to give there head a massive shake...if Pete wild can do this with what he started with then the future is bright believe me..I'm gutted but I'm well excited about next season...

• Like 1

Tobis best game last night,  what a save from their keeper to stop us going 2-0 up. Allen was anonymous but is a great player on his day. 3 poor goals in the game, 9 times out of 10 that shot bounces off clarke for a corner. Thought Brown would be picking Rhead up as he is just a big lump and Brown could out muscle him. Disappointed to bring earing on for king. We go again next season though. Nobody expected playoffs and for 45 minutes we were the better side. Well done Pete and the boys for a good season, we need to build on this and be up there again next season

• Like 4

Well done PW..

Let's now see what next season brings...

It's a big job now in the pre season time he has.

As for the players...good luck and stay safe... No doubt loads of us are frustrated this morning...but we go again. Let's remember we had few player's last pre season...Hope come the start of new season..not sure when that is....PW has a good squad...signing off now for a month or so..season done..

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

BHW had some clever (but fairly simple) corner routines that we struggled to deal with. Time on the training ground well spent. 

And frustratingly the one time they whipped it into the area between the 6 yard box and penalty spot they scored. Clever routine that meant Staunton ended up on Rhead who did very little all night. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, nw3casc1 said:

Well done PW..

Let's now see what next season brings...

It's a big job now in the pre season time he has.

As for the players...good luck and stay safe... No doubt loads of us are frustrated this morning...but we go again. Let's remember we had few player's last pre season...Hope come the start of new season..not sure when that is....PW has a good squad...signing off now for a month or so..season done..

Looks like October. 

• Like 1

THIS IS WHAT WE COULD HAVE HAD (PERHAPS) !

Boreham Wood FC can announce after such an emphatic response to our big screen initiative, that the Club is now going to hire a second big screen for this Saturday’s play-off semi-final against Harrogate Town.

Chairman Danny Hunter said, “Well over 200 Stadium pub garden tickets have already been pre-sold today, and it’s clear my staff, our players, our supporters and our Town are very excited about the difficult task that lies in front of us…

“Because of the demand, I’ve thankfully been forced to hire a second big screen for the East Stand, which combined with our North Bank big screen, will see our Stadium come alive again with loyal supporters and local families for the first time since March. I’m so, so pleased and in truth a bit emotional to be able to announce that” Hunter concluded.

DETAILS

For everybody’s information, the Club bar and the Stadium will be open to our fans from 12pm until 6pm. We are trying to create ‘live’ interviews with the Gaffer, Players and the Chairman up in Harrogate, which will then be broadcasted back to our fans on the big screens within our Meadow Park Stadium, both before and after the game.

The Club Shop will also be open on the day and we will have our very own DJ ‘Brooksie’ back on the mic for the first time at the Club in many years, as we wish to create a community led ‘Wood Army’ atmosphere.

So, if you’d like to be part of the Wood Army this Saturday that creates a positive atmosphere in either the North Bank or the East Stand, then book your big screen tickets asap before we run out!

Tickets available here –

SAFETY PROTOCOLS

All temperatures will be taken upon arrival, you must agree to practice social distancing, you must all show our staff your pre-booked ticket and you must provide both your home address and your phone number, to ensure we can both track and trace per Government guidelines, should we need to.

Please be advised, we are working on your behalf, for your safety and you must abide a strictly enforced one-way system which runs throughout our bar and within our Stadium.

All our open Stadium toilets will be correctly staffed to ensure you adhere to our one in, one out protocol and all procedures are followed.

Unfortunately seating within our East Stand cannot be reserved. In addition to East Stand seating, we have created a capacity of 60 benched seats on our large concourse in front of the North Bank, which we recommend for families. Please note all seating is on a strictly first come, first served basis.

Hand sanitisers are installed throughout the site, while all our safety stewards will be in place in key positions around the Stadium to ensure everyone sticks to the necessary protocols. Please be aware these procedures are in place to ensure you have a great time in a safe environment whether we win or lose, as this is the next very important stage in our “Back Together Again” Stadium initiative.

So, come on ‘Wood Army’, buy yourself a ticket and transmit your energy directly to our dressing room on the day.

We’ll ensure our Manager, Staff and Players can feel your love, your energy and your excitement on their journey up to Harrogate. And before our players go out on the pitch to play such an important game.

35 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I wonder how much it cost them to hire their fans? 

Well, all we would have got from the Council is bugger off were closed.....good luck to them I say. I would rather they got promoted than Harrogate, just so we don't have to go South as much.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Well, all we would have got from the Council is bugger off were closed.....good luck to them I say. I would rather they got promoted than Harrogate, just so we don't have to go South as much.

Aye, because with a bit of luck they'll over reach, lose their league status and then drop back through the leagues where they belong. 

Overachieved all season. Glad to see people starting to agree. But not a great performance on Friday. If Wild was called Jamie there would have been calls for his head. We go again next season 

If Jamie was called Jamie he'd still be spending all his pocket money on donkey rides . Wild has probably had more abuse in his time at the Shay than what Fullarton had . Don't come managing Halifax if you want a quiet life . We'll be judging Pete based upon the first 3 months of next  season .

Erik says

W!\$€R O¥7 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If Jamie was called Jamie he'd still be spending all his pocket money on donkey rides . Wild has probably had more abuse in his time at the Shay than what Fullarton had . Don't come managing Halifax if you want a quiet life . We'll be judging Pete based upon the first 3 months of next  season .

Erik says

W!\$€R O¥7 

And you'll be one of the ones judging him and criticising him when the first we see the first misplaced pass. 

7 hours ago, Shay said:

Overachieved all season. Glad to see people starting to agree. But not a great performance on Friday. If Wild was called Jamie there would have been calls for his head. We go again next season 

You are the saddest person alive if you genuinely believe any of that nonsense. Wild finished on play off spot despite the shite he inherited. Fullerton finished in a disgraceful position considering the circumstances, yet here you are creaming yourself over the latter yet again. Bet you loved it when Town were beaten the other night. 

6 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

And you'll be one of the ones judging him and criticising him when the first we see the first misplaced pass. 

A misplaced pass will be a player at fault . Wrong playing system will be the managers fault . Criticism will be dished when and where it's due .

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

You are the saddest person alive if you genuinely believe any of that nonsense. Wild finished on play off spot despite the shite he inherited. Fullerton finished in a disgraceful position considering the circumstances, yet here you are creaming yourself over the latter yet again. Bet you loved it when Town were beaten the other night. 

Thanks for the personal abuse. And why would I want my team not to get promoted? Strange logic. 

1 minute ago, Shay said:

Thanks for the personal abuse. And why would I want my team not to get promoted? Strange logic. 

You've been waiting for Wild to fail, but so long as promotion was still a possibility, you couldn't really harp up could you? Took you just a few days after the play-off defeat to cough out your hero's name. Surprised it took you that long if I'm honest.

4 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

A misplaced pass will be a player at fault . Wrong playing system will be the managers fault . Criticism will be dished when and where it's due .

There in lies your problem. You should encourage rather than criticise. 

Another "expert" that can't kick a ball straight him sen. 

55 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

There in lies your problem. You should encourage rather than criticise. 

Another "expert" that can't kick a ball straight him sen. 

Arry Arry will confirm that 99% of our criticism stays within our little group and we are normally pretty spot on in our live match assessment