No new signings ?.

Blueblood

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still some one here always looking for something to have a go at Billy Heath. It's becoming tiresome 

Sign some bloody men! I dont care who they are, just names on paper will do............................just please sign some men. The people demand signings.

Moyo is a bit gung ho at times & requires Brown, Garner or Josh Mac to cover for him but think that is pretty normal it's called teamwork. Whatever deficiencies he may have what you always get is

Another case in point is Fraser Kerr who is presently at Gateshead.

Fraser was at Birmingham in 2011-12 then went to Scotland and played with Motherwell and lower league Scottish clubs before returning to England with Gateshead this year where he has played patchily, only playing 321 minutes in 5 games.

Or Craig Clay who is known to Town supporters but went to Orient after starting 31 games for Motherwell and being sub for them only 7 times for them last year.

This year he has been the sub for a weakening Orient side already 5 times.

And of course there is Scott Boden of Wrexham,who has started 8 games, played as a sub 5 times and scored no goals after a season in the Scottish premiership with Inverness last year.

IMO, the signings from that league have not overly impressed.

I

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Often a lot of trueth in Bollox................who gave him the contract, well who do you think.

All these posters calling down others for pointing out the obvious that we need players coming in, we cannot even fill the bench Saturday, budget budget budget they chirp, why employ the new scout, window dressing?

Maybe what our players are getting paid is also relative to what others are getting paid locally by a few teams below that are throwing silly money around?

Fylde, Salford and Harrogate are all paying out stupid wages (Salford for example DOUBLED what we offered Hogan in wages, then also took Maynard off Tranmere) with a whole host of other ‘bigger’ clubs in that league paying out similar to what we are.

Do we try compete with the spending of the likes of Salford / Fylde or go a different route?

Players not excuses.

One single loan player would seem a luxury.

Perhaps Bosomworth is like some fans, prefers the comfort of playing Billy Big Bollox at places like Brackley, Guiseley, North Ferriby rather than getting the club back in the League.

10 hours ago, Blueblood said:

Despite having a squad that is a little threadbare with injuries & suspensions I can't believe we haven't signed anyone in the last couple of weeks, is it a case of making do with what we've got because we are ahead of what was expected (points wise) at this point of the season  ?c'mon mr bosmonworth loosen the purse strings. Up the shaymen.

Billy just keeping Jake Hibbs lean and keen ready  to kick ass

13 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

Players not excuses.

Perhaps Bosomworth is like some fans, prefers the comfort of playing Billy Big Bollox at places like Brackley, Guiseley, North Ferriby rather than getting the club back in the League.

Don't think we have a pot to piss in!Heath has said no signings coming in.

If we can't find a player that is better than we currently have then I'm glad we're not signing them.

If we simply want bodies, we have Hibbs, King and the youth boys. Billy probably wants a player he can sign AND use effectively. Not just make up numbers.

For me, Charles is the perfect example, a loan player from higher up, but hasn't really offered much. I'd much rather play OUR player over him every time.

Just because players are part of squad from a league team, doesn't mean they're better than our players. 

Only bring in a player if he is an improvement on what we've got.

18 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Sorry don't see Charles as an adequate replacement for Kosylo, hope we can find a method of play that brings out the best in Tomlinson.

Morgan will bring the best out of Tomlinson. The new dynamic duo, well, on Saturday at least.

46 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

Dion Charles can adequately replace Kossy and Tomlinson can replace Denton.

I'm quite happy to have this situation play out on Saturday in the cup to see if it can work. 

I'd like us to have a good run in the FA Cup but I would rather win the league game in a couple of weeks if we could only win one of them. Trying something different on Saturday, through suspensions, may be a blessing in disguise, but then if it doesn't work, at least we will know for the league game.

Additionally Tranmere will have planned on both Dents and Kossy playing and done thier tactics around them.The scout fromTranmere at Boreham wood will be  able to tell them little about how we will perform / line-up without them - saying that neither do we !!

8 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Morgan will bring the best out of Tomlinson. The new dynamic duo, well, on Saturday at least.

They've both got enough experience to score against Tranmere and this is a great chance for Tomlinson to stake a claim for a starting position and I'm sure he'll be relishing it. 

I think if it was a league game Billy might change formation but seeing as its the cup and a one off game he'll go 4 4 2.

12 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

All these posters calling down others for pointing out the obvious that we need players coming in, we cannot even fill the bench Saturday, budget budget budget they chirp, why employ the new scout, window dressing?

We need more players, its as simple as that. I do agree that we need to bring the right calibre of player in and if that takes time then so be it.

10 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

Players not excuses.

Sadly Trev I think that may be true!

I suppose I can see where they are coming from in as much as at this level we attract good part time players, but in L2 would only attract low level full timers, I don't buy into that though I think a newly promoted side would attract young full timers wanting to make a name for themselves higher up the league's.

Archived