Signings and Losses from each conference club

royals1922

11 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Born 1975 makes him 42 that's 42, disappointed that he's spending all his time on Beacon Hill assessing asses

Can't beat it can you. Writing the man off because he's 52, which is ridiculous enough, and then it turns out he isn't even 52, he's actually 42.

How the chuff does him being 52 affect his ability to be a scout? Surely most scouts are reet old buggers who've seen it all and done it all, and really know their stuff. And there isn't a single bloomin' person on this messageboard that knows his personal situation - whether he indeed "has a good job with the rail company", whether he even likes that job, whether he has the evenings spare to go out, whether he enjoys a chocolate digestive on an evening. 

But I'm sure there will continue to be certain individuals who surmise to know all, so what's new...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't say I know what Neil Young has been doing, but I doubt very much he'd get the scouting job then sit at home each evening watching Corrie because he's been working his day job during the day.

You forget the stadium roar, their twelfth man. 

Great news for us—Maidenhead United's prolific striker Dave Tarpey has signed for Barnet tonight on the hour.

I can't say I know what Neil Young has been doing, but I doubt very much he'd get the scouting job then sit at home each evening watching Corrie because he's been working his day job during the day.

Not sure how long he's been employed by us but just maybe the players he's recommended have been turned down by Heath as not what he wants right now, maybe we want them but their club are refusing to sell or loan them out at the moment. Maybe Heath trusts his players and the team spirit so is reluctant to bring new people in for a month and risk upsetting that.

For what it's worth I agree that we're a little short on numbers now and a new centre back and midfielder would be very useful. But in 3 days time Garner is available again, he'll obviously go back into the defence so any centre back would be a stop gap for 1 game.
Duckworth is out for the next couple of months still, but Wilde has shown he can provide enough cover at right back and that allows Macca to play on the left - most would agree that Macca is the better player so do we drop Wilde (who's been as consistent as anyone for the last 12 months) or leave the new right back on the bench just in case he's needed.
Same story in midfield, Garner returning means Hotte is likely going to replace Lynch in there, Oliver has got some stick recently but you only look at the Ebbsfleet game to see how much of a difference he makes to us. The Hotte & Oliver combination took us to a point off top a couple of weeks ago.
The squad has been stretched, but the standard of player in our starting 11 is actually pretty high, there's no use bringing in loan players or new signings if they'll be on the bench at best - they need to be better than the starting 11 we have, and that's not as simple a task as some are suggesting.

Tranmere have signed striker Gerry McDonough on loan from Nott Forest.

More fun and games with regard to Conference North.

Darlington appointed joint managers in the wake of Gray leaving for York.

5 days later both have resigned from the position.

36 minutes ago, royals1922 said:

Tranmere have signed striker Gerry McDonough on loan from Nott Forest.

More fun and games with regard to Conference North.

Something sadly wrong there as when managers resign at this level they are not like the multi/millionaires of the premiership.

35 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Something sadly wrong there as when managers resign at this level they are not like the multi/millionaires of the premiership.

The stresses in the northern clubs especially are tremendous. A lot of the manager changes are happening in the northern clubs where clubs are desperate to get out of Conference or to avoid dropping into the Conference North.

On 06/10/2017, 09:39:11, royals1922 said:

Darlington last night approached Nuneaton to speak to manager Tommy Wright. Compensation agreed. Wright turned them down.

20 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Darlington last night approached Nuneaton to speak to manager Tommy Wright. Compensation agreed. Wright turned them down.

I thought i'd read somewhere Wrights job was under pressure at Nuneaton? If so surprised he hasnt jumped ship as he could be sacked if things dont pick up.

7 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I thought i'd read somewhere Wrights job was under pressure at Nuneaton? If so surprised he hasnt jumped ship as he could be sacked if things dont pick up.

Chairman loves him, cheap option, does what he's told, doesn't moan selling players every month. 'Glue that holds the club' together according to the chairman, so f**k knows how s**t we'd be without him! 

3 hours ago, mj85 said:

conf North not national, but Kevin Davies (ex Bolton striker) appointed manager of Southport. 

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Southport are going full time next season. Seems they have ongoing  plans

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/sport/football/news/southport-fc-reveal-major-plans-13746892

one reporter's opinion on Davies appointment

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/sport/football/news/opinion-kevin-davies-appointment-a-13780482

On 17/10/2017, 13:42:57, mj85 said:

Chairman loves him, cheap option, does what he's told, doesn't moan selling players every month. 'Glue that holds the club' together according to the chairman, so f**k knows how s**t we'd be without him! 

You're about to find out.

He's buggered off to Darlo.

Absolute snake.

Claimed to have no interest in the role on Monday.

Spoke to the chairman at 1pm today about this weekends game before the chairman flew off on a family holiday (delayed until the season as his son was in hospital in pre season.)

Rang the chairman at 6:30pm once he landed to tell him he was quitting.

Appointed Darlington manager 7:30pm.

cock. 

Archived