Jump to content

Signings and Losses from each conference club


royals1922

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't say I know what Neil Young has been doing, but I doubt very much he'd get the scouting job then sit at home each evening watching Corrie because he's been working his day job during the day.

You forget the stadium roar, their twelfth man. 

Great news for us—Maidenhead United's prolific striker Dave Tarpey has signed for Barnet tonight on the hour.

1 hour ago, Davidneilbuckley said:

Rotten luck is that, 5 mins in to home debut! :( 

Agreed. A thought that did strike me though was when a part time player  goes to a full time club with an increased workload, without the lead in of a full time preseason and starts immediately, will that have an effect? Or is it just bad luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Similar happened to us with Dan Gardner when a few minutes into his first friendly, he went over and injured his knee. He was clearly trying to impress and was doing just that. It sounds horrific to have. Knee injuries are the worst given the risk you run of carrying one for the rest of your life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Similar happened to us with Dan Gardner when a few minutes into his first friendly, he went over and injured his knee. He was clearly trying to impress and was doing just that. It sounds horrific to have. Knee injuries are the worst given the risk you run of carrying one for the rest of your life.

or end up having a shiney new titanium one like me !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, royals1922 said:

Agreed. A thought that did strike me though was when a part time player  goes to a full time club with an increased workload, without the lead in of a full time preseason and starts immediately, will that have an effect? Or is it just bad luck.

This could potentially be a life changing incident for the lad. If he cant sufficiently recover to continue as a pro and he has chucked in a manual job for football, he could be in trouble.

No wonder so many league standard players choose to remain P/T rather than put all their eggs into the pro basket, due to the possible risks etc.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2017, 13:49:39, olitheshayman said:

Thought this would be the most relevant thread, but Shaymen graduate and ex-Gateshead right back James Bolton is keeping clean sheets and his Shrewsbury Town side sit top of League One, pushing for the Championship.

Saw him last week v. Wigan. Started a bit shakily, but went on to play his part in a wholehearted performance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Saw him last week v. Wigan. Started a bit shakily, but went on to play his part in a wholehearted performance. 

Seems likely that Paul Hirst saw his potential playing for us v Grimsby, such as that never to be forgotten 1-0 win at Blundell Park in play off year winning run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...