Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Lanzarote

1St Interest In Greggs

Gashead in peace......

To clarify, Clarkie didn't say he was targetting Lee Gregory. He was asked by a fan, during a BBC radio phone-in, whether he was aware of Lee Gregory. He replied that Gregory was the best striker in the Conference and he rated him.

I've no doubt we could afford his transfee fee & wages but I expect him to go to a league club.

To answer a couple of questions above.....

Yes, we have been worse than terrible over the last couple years and deserved to be relegated.

One of the things we've been hampered with is Financial Fair Play regulations. We signed players on long contracts worth 2-3k per week and they get injured before they've kicked a ball.

I understand there are no rules on how much money you can spend in the Conference.

Someone asked if we have our own ground.The answer is no. We've just sold it to Sainsbury's for £40million.

In a few weeks we'll start construction on our new 22,000 Stadium which should be ready by August 2015.

Good luck with the new season.

10013953_569635253134264_472138484271223

10152034_569635349800921_103047088096477

1975099_569637803134009_3038407352301787

If you have the 250k - 500k needed for Gregory then you couldn't get any better in the Conference, but like you say he will go to a league club. Don't think he'd go to anybody else in the Conference unless we're talking silly money.

Nice stadium.

If you have £40M then there is no excuse for not building it. Sorry if Town fans are a little sceptical about "plans" for new stadiums, we've heard all too often. But you will like the Shay when you visit it, it's one of the best in this league.

it's certainly much changed from when i watched bristol rovers fans walk through the gates at the bus garage end for a division 3 fixture in 1972 and burst out laughing as they took in the old shay...........

btw, why am i listening to guisley at altrincham today..............? :shh:

Don't have a problem with the gasheads to be honest.

Looking forward to visiting the city, only ever passed through on the train. Only Fools & Horses anoraks like myself will have a field day visiting all the locations they used to film.

Rumour has it Banksy will also commemorate our visit by creating a mural called 'Trestle Table Capitalism'.

Stadium looks great. I know Luton took ages to get promoted but got a feeling Rovers might buck the trend and go straight back up. Good luck to them, hope you enjoy your visit to the pearl of Yorkshire.

But yes, I think Gregory will go to a league club.

Ground must be in Australia then where he is prime minister.........

Oi don't mix up our Canberra Tony with your Halifax Tony, ours tells the truth.   Maybe i shouldn't have said that.

is that Tony Abbott on Eurovision :lol: Austria/Australia joke ;)

COULD well be I know he´s a joke :wub:  :wub:

Oi don't mix up our Canberra Tony with your Halifax Tony, ours tells the truth.   Maybe i shouldn't have said that.

You mean you have the one & only truethful speaking ploy in the world :wub:  :wub:

Rovers will be the first fixture I look out for, that's for sure! A Town match I can actually walk to!

Kind of feel some form of 'justice' has finally been done, I never thought they realised quite how lucky they were that we were so god-awful in 2001-2, otherwise they'd have been Conference-bound a good decade earlier. Obviously a huge club at this level but still have to have the right attitude and personnel, Luton the obvious parallel here.

Bristol Rovers. Obviously a very well run club that make good decisions.

Like a new 22,000 seater stadium for the Conference. Clearly essential; for our level.

Kicking the very experienced John Ward upstairs with just a few games to go, and making a rookie the manager. Great experience for him. Shame it actually resulted in relegation. But what the heck.....s**t happens!

I'm sure they won't be like Luton and Oxford, having to regroup, get the measure of our division, strenghthen and build a new team, and then take 4 to 5 years to get back in to the Football League.

NO -the Gas will go straight back up next season. I expect them to walk the Conference with a ten point margin at the top!!

I can't let that pass without a :) or even a :lol:

Rumour has it Banksy will also commemorate our visit by creating a mural called 'Trestle Table Capitalism'.

Whatch out Chesterfield are looking for a striker that can play up front on his own and hold the ball up.....

I think that would be a good move for him and us, like with vardy get plenty add ons and 30% sell on. Lots of talk about championship but its a big step up and I'm not sure he'll get the regular games he needs. Although if the fees right I suppose its not our concern.