Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger_Mouse

Rent Arrears

not sure what you're all worried about - it's a manageable debt, and they've been withholding payment until................................................... :shh:

as Luckyblackcat says, it's a non-issue

"It is being adressed as the Council and the Club are sorting, out as confirmed by the Council. Nothing needs to be announced by anybody as there is no serious issues. If there was a problem dont you think that the Club would be facing court action by people wanting money? If you want to go into believing the mad hysteria from a set of idiots who have made various over the top claims and know nothing about things, then fair enough. For me, there is no major problem and am happy with the way things are being handled"

I'm pretty sure we owed rent before we went under and we weren't locked out of The Shay so it's a bit rich demanding the same happens to them.

Taking the high ground in owing money in general also feels a little ironic...

Warning them to watch out and make sure they don't walk blindly into money problems is one thing but some of the stuff on here is something else.

Think it went downhill after unlucky Black Cat called Bubba a 2 faced prick, penny seems to have dropped with some !

Some people need to remember what they did to us when they shafted us over the sale of thrum hall! Came with promise and lorded it up in the super league with no care of what happend to town. Maybe our problems where done to them, maybe they weren't! But in my eyes let them die and make them see how i felt 5 years ago!!! They just want the shay for themselves and if any town fan thinks that's a lie, they need to look at themselves!!!!

And most of the rugby fans fail to realise that their club has gone bust numerous times in the past. They just never suffered the demotion punishment.

And most of the rugby fans fail to realise that their club has gone bust numerous times in the past. They just never suffered the demotion punishment.

You can't get demoted from a nonentity league

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=563821&tsmp=1391032219&start=30

:shh: thread locked. yep, that's the way to get to the bottom of things........... :shh:

Think it went downhill after unlucky Black Cat called Bubba a 2 faced prick, penny seems to have dropped with some !

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=563821&tsmp=1391032219&start=30

:shh: thread locked. yep, that's the way to get to the bottom of things........... :shh:

discussion is one thing, childish name calling etc is another. thread rightly locked.

discussion is one thing, childish name calling etc is another. thread rightly locked.

Get them square earth muppets to at least acknowledge they have a problem Swifty!

Get them square earth muppets to at least acknowledge they have a problem Swifty!

some did before thread locked/hijacked. others are like some here, only have own views and nobody elses allowed.

some did before thread locked/hijacked. others are like some here, only have own views and nobody elses allowed.

Whereas some were only posting on that thread to make it a football vs rugby club thread, weren't you?

I'm pretty sure we owed rent before we went under and we weren't locked out of The Shay so it's a bit rich demanding the same happens to them.

Taking the high ground in owing money in general also feels a little ironic...

Warning them to watch out and make sure they don't walk blindly into money problems is one thing but some of the stuff on here is something else.

2 issues for me.

1st, if they go bust owing tens of thousands of pounds (or simply by owing this much in the first place) it only adds weight to the likes of Colin Stout who claim the ground is costing money and should be sold into private ownership.

2nd, after the blatant attempts by Tony Abbott and fellow rugby club directors to get hold of the ground for a pittance (seemingly funded by a mortgage on the ground as it's looking like he doesn't have even the cash to pay the rent arrears) it's very relevant to flag this up. In addition our co-tenants have failed to put money into ground redevelopments that they promised, thrown their weight around, had preferential treatment, left the football club to sink partially due to debts owed due to redevelopments both clubs should have been liable for, lied to fans and shown a total contempt for the football club over the years.

Personally anything that leads to them being removed from The Shay would be very welcome.

The fact that the man huggers owe yet more rent is no real surprise to me, what I find more worrying is that the Council are so blase about it. They should be looking to take legal action or sending in the bailiffs to the egg chasers to recoup their money (taxpayers money none the less Mr Stout). They are well within their rights to refuse entry/use of the Shay by the squatters too until all rent is up to date. For me the Council are just as guilty as the peanut chasers, the Courier should be ashamed of themselves too.

some did before thread locked/hijacked.

And you weren't one of them either on there or on here. You've done nowt but make excuse after excuse.

The only rent we owed at the time I believe was the period of entering administration to going bust, although others may enlighten me.  I don't think we used the facilities for 13 months without paying.

The eggers went bust in the early 90's owing £750k - accounting for inflation that's £1.5m in today's money.  They have gone bust twice since as well.

It might be rich talking about money, but the liquidation of HTAFC is something the massively hypocritical eggers throw up regularly whenever they can conveniently fogetting their own similarly chequered history.  However to my knowledge we have never rocked up at The Shay on a matchday having not paid any rent for 13 months.  Worse; had the cheek to use 'council defecit' as an argument for selling The Shay.  Cheeky bar stewards. 

I have no respect for that club, it's owners or it's idiotic, deluded, cultist, hypocritical, up their own ar5e fans who are living off a cup win nearly 30 years ago to come out with popular phrases as 'pub team' and my personal favourite 'so bitter'.

Whereas some were only posting on that thread to make it a football vs rugby club thread, weren't you?

no. i was pointing out that the foi was obtained by a town fan and posted there by one who supports both after a post inferring that it should not have been posted as now it would get town fans irate.

easy.

@Shaytrev

Why? The stadium lasted 77 years without the Blue Sox. I don't buy this "we need both for it to survive" argument.

Abso-bloomin-lutely.

Whoever has it in their mind that both clubs are required for a sustainable stadium is a loony.

Both clubs required in order to make the stadium a more rounded and well used community asset? - absolutely.

But they ain't arguing that, they're arguing it from a purely financial view, which seems strange given that not only is their club not contributing anything positive to the financial viability of the Shay, but are actually negatively taking away any chance of profitability by not bothering to pay rent.

Ah my bad - it's fine not to pay rent because they were promised a scoreboard. Stuff your bloody scoreboard up where the sun don't shine should be the Council's message, along with an eviction notice.

Looking from The Shaymen viewpoint, yes.

Looking from the council viewpoint, ?

This is the danger as the council own the ground so we cannot be 100% sure.

Just regarding the scoreboard issue that the rugby goon was on about, didn't the football come to some sort of official agreement between themselves and the council regarding paying a reduced rent until our club shop is built?

Nothing wrong with it if it agreed by both parties-can't just stop paying rent for over a year because you feel you aren't getting something promised.

I don't think it's true anyway-he's making excuses for the squatters, talking total bunkum as usual.

we didn't get a reduced rent, just not an increase until we have shop and offices

Oh okay, but I guess that was agreed officially. We didn't take the law into our own hands.

The scoreboard was meant to be for the one off rugby World Cup game, typical rugby mentality that they should be given something for nothing.

The blue pull out tunnel was needed by us, so we paid for it. They then wanted to use it and were told to sod off.

If they want a scoreboard they can buy a scoreboard and have exclusive use of it. Suggesting the council should give them one for free when they're 15 months behind on rent is taking the p1ss.