Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

max'n'paddy

An Audience With ..........

don't forget to copy in cllr swift's direct email address: timswift.labour@gmail.com

you might want to copy your local MP too

Amazing how when it's something you agree with, this forum represents all Halifax Town fans. But if you don't agree then this forum represents only a tiny minority. Consistency Moody, you know of the word?

To be fair that is a great point!

However I have yet to meet a Town fan who supports Abbot's bid whether they post on here or not. I've met a couple who are slightly on the fence, but none who support it with the blind faith the hypocritical rugby fans do. Robots all of them.

In addition many non football fans were against the sale at such a low price (even Cllr Stout).

The wording 'small minority' is another carefully worded statement that whilst technically correct is designed purely for media impact and I have no doubt was a thinly veiled attack on the football club. Just like his 'Halifax Town refused my sponsorship' comment. Media savvy snake.

Could just as well have said 'there has been some clear opposition to our plans' or something along those lines.

Town fans to a man are against this ! Egg chasers just about to a man for it, not much common ground

To be fair that is a great point!

i apologise unreservedly for having  an independent mind of my own and not requiring hoddie to do my thinking for me. how does that suit? :)

Whilst I was unemployed for a time, Reactive media was the company that the Job Centre and other organisations used as an example that there are jobs available in this town. So I can see how he can easily curry favours with people around the area. The reality is that Reactiv always have jobs to offer because it's basic horrible cold calling work! High turnover of people, expected to make 500 calls a day and hit sales targets. They even describe the people you're calling as 'warm leads' meaning that they've asked to be contacted about what you're selling, when in reality they've not ticked a box online or a form years ago. It is most definitely cold calling. I've gained employment since then but a long distance away from Halifax .I'd honestly rather be involved in criminal activity than work for a company like that.

Urgh. Maybe The Shay should be renamed The Glengarry Glen Reactiv Shay?

Was told today that Abbott has said he has no connection to Halifax and he could relocate his business to anywhere, if he doesn't get The Shay he may consider walking away as he has no ties to the town.

Based on that would you really want this man owning the stadium ?

Was told today that Abbott has said he has no connection to Halifax and he could relocate his business to anywhere, if he doesn't get The Shay he may consider walking away as he has no ties to the town.

Isn't his wife from Halifax and his kids are at school here?

Isn't his wife from Halifax and his kids are at school here?

No idea, doesn't stop him relocating his business to another town and severing his ties with the rugby club does it? Didn't mention him moving out of the town

No idea, doesn't stop him relocating his business to another town and severing his ties with the rugby club does it? Didn't mention him moving out of the town

No of course not. It won't happen. But you are right there is a chance. Just like there is a chance the council will shut the shay down as they cut costs like Sheffield council did with Don Valley.

Wife is from Elland , kids local ! Poss playing hard ball

It seems to me he is trying to play the guilt trip with the council. "They have forced me out and people will lose jobs" at the end of the day James if The Shay isn't for sale then the whole thing is dead in the water, despite what he says or does

No of course not. It won't happen. But you are right there is a chance. Just like there is a chance the council will shut the shay down as they cut costs like Sheffield council did with Don Valley.

But as figures prove, if the rugby club were up to date with their rent then The Shay is not the drain on council money that people are making out it is.

Wife is from Elland , kids local ! Poss playing hard ball

definitely thinks he's playing hardball- shows the arrogance of the fellow that he thinks he can blackmail the town into letting him have the stadium or he'll take his HUGE and frankly, embarrassing (for the town) company away from us. do we really need what any decent person would consider a "nuisance phone call company" associated with our town?

that was one of the points highlighted in my first email to the council -why are they even considering this offer from a man who has no connection to the town?

Reason he's starting emphasising the jobs angle is possibly he thinks the shay deal is in jeopardy and is trying to switch it to an employment issue !

Reason he's starting emphasising the jobs angle is possibly he thinks the shay deal is in jeopardy and is trying to switch it to an employment issue !

But it is all irrelevant if it's not for sale

definitely thinks he's playing hardball- shows the arrogance of the fellow that he thinks he can blackmail the town into letting him have the stadium or he'll take his HUGE and frankly, embarrassing (for the town) company away from us. do we really need what any decent person would consider a "nuisance phone call company" associated with our town?

Yes, his Twitter pics show him seeing being feted by the cream of the regional BBC & "Great & Good" for his efforts for his dismal business - sickening

It is a public relations exercise only. Propaganda at its worst. The man is a Sheister!

Sadly the Sheeple will swallow his words and be fooled by his crocodile tears.

Wont make any difference as his attempt to buy The Shay has floundered on the rocks. He reminds me of that Italian Captain from that cruiser on the news last year. Abbott will be abandoning the Thrum Hallers soon after his final atttempt sinks like a stone.

The Council currently own the Shay.

The Council have said that currently they are not planning on selling the Shay but they have had an offer from Tony Abbott which they are considering.

Tony Abbott has called a meeting to tell people his plans for the Shay.

As the Shay is not yet on sale - and as its now registered as a community asset the Council will have to inform us if it does go on sale, with a 6 month period of grace - Tony Abbott wants to talk about what he wants to do with a property that is not his.

Anyone want to join me for a meeting on Wednesday in the Courtyard? I'm going to be talking about my plans to transform the Piece Hall.

Exactly. It's a pointless waste of time. He knows he is losing the battle and is desperate in his attempts to keep any deal alive. This sale will not go ahead.