Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

max'n'paddy

An Audience With ..........

Was the rent mentioned?

Yep, but it was not really said if it had been paid or not. Can not remember the wording but I am sure someone who has the paper will put the quote on here

Yep, but it was not really said if it had been paid or not. Can not remember the wording but I am sure someone who has the paper will put the quote on here

covered in discussions with Council - timescale agreed in writing,

with Council

Thought Rugby owe rent and Reactiv seeking to buy Shay.

Different issues imo

covered in discussions with Council - timescale agreed in writing,

with Council

Thought Rugby owe rent and Reactiv seeking to buy Shay.

Different issues imo

In other words............they still owe the rent and are trying to cop out of it.

I reiterate, this sale will not go ahead. I remain as certain as ever and probably won't waste my evening next Thursday.

U should go and drag Demonite with you . Ask some structured but pertinent questions and see if he copes better than Mr Pride did !!

Thursday will just be a waste of time. A PR exercise that will descend into chaos with supporters from both sides arguing the toss. I remember the 'Pride' meeting. It was a joint meeting between Town and Fax supporters where we were united. It's pretty pathetic how different things are now and supporters of HRLFC should be quite appalled at their hypocrisy. I personally want the Council to hold to some of meeting to declare their intentions and seek opinions. Thursday is just a pointless waste of time.

Thursday will just be a waste of time. A PR exercise that will descend into chaos with supporters from both sides arguing the toss. I remember the 'Pride' meeting. It was a joint meeting between Town and Fax supporters where we were united. It's pretty pathetic how different things are now and supporters of HRLFC should be quite appalled at their hypocrisy. I personally want the Council to hold to some of meeting to declare their intentions and seek opinions. Thursday is just a pointless waste of time.

Correct.

says on Twitter that the meeting is to reveal his plans for the Shay - I didn't know it was for sale

exactly, swift has stated the shay is not for sale, on the open market but they were looking at abbott's bid. thanks to bubba's magnificent efforts it must now be put on the open market before ANY sale can go through. so the first issue the council has to decide is the first question the town board asked them but struggled to get a straight answer to - is the shay for sale? abbott's bid is thus a non issue until the council have decided the shay is for sale, have advertised it on the open market and got all the bids in. abbott's bid will be considered alongside any others. don't waste your time turning up next week, his bid is currently irrelevant.

http://www.reactivmedia.co.uk/news-blog/reactiv-news/261-the-shay-open-qaa-session

now he dismisses us as just a small group of local residents. i don't know if that is intended to goad us into attending his "show and tell" but it certainly shows once again his disrespect and contempt for the shay's footballing co-tenants. he's not out to win any friends is he. sounds like he's taking along a powerpoint presentation, he'll probably have one of those laser pointer things............. i'm getting an image of david brent here...... :lol:

I would go if it wasn't going to be a propaganda machine which the rugby fans will lap up, and if there was no chance of it descending into arguments from both sides.

I also think it needs a uniformed approach from town fans with representatives who understand all the factors affecting the issue at hand.

I would go if it wasn't going to be a propaganda machine which the rugby fans will lap up, and if there was no chance of it descending into arguments from both sides.

I also think it needs a uniformed approach from town fans with representatives who understand all the factors affecting the issue at hand.

I agree, all we are interested in at this stage is, is it for sale? If not everything else is irrelevant. if it is is he prepared to offer market value? And will he mortgage the ground in order to fund the purchase?

I agree, all we are interested in at this stage is, is it for sale? If not everything else is irrelevant. if it is is he prepared to offer market value? And will he mortgage the ground in order to fund the purchase?

By going to the meeting you can ask him those questions and listen to his answers.

Remember to take your bulls*t meter with you of course.

I think by not turning up it just gives them the advantage back, the Courier "The Fax Express" will gleefully report what a great meeting it was.

it's a non issue now- nothing can happen till the council decide whether the shay is for sale or not. then they have to advertise it on the open market and  look at it alongside all the other bids, if there are any. either way, it won't be sold for less than its value on the open market. the council's last declared position on the subject is that the shay is not for sale.

“I want everybody in Calderdale to know that on Thursday 24th October, I
will be holding an open Q&A session regarding Reractiv’s purchase
of The Shay and our plans for the future.

Jumping the gun?

“I want everybody in Calderdale to know that on Thursday 24th October, I

will be holding an open Q&A session regarding Reractiv’s purchase

of The Shay and our plans for the future.

Jumping the gun?

if it includes an electronic scoreboard, that'll be all the Fax fans onside then............since that's all they seem to care about these days :rolleyes: