Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

max'n'paddy

Sale Of The Shay

you should really have posted all of it Moody

"Bubba once again shows that he is only interested in his thoughts and opinions. Bubba started this witchhunt and helped others to jump on his bandwagon and publicly abuse Tony and even call in to question his reputation and charity work. Bubba is so far stuck up his own backside its untrue. Doesnt surprise me that this idiot wont attend to hear what Tony has to say. Bubba has his mind made up no matter what.

The Clowns with Bubba have made a big song and dance about this yet now decide they dont want to hear what he says. For me if I was so concerned I would look to ask Tony certain questions and what Guarentees he would look to put in so my club would never be forced out. The Shay is not that important and is just a stadium. If the worst came and the shay went it would not be the end of either club. Life would be much harder but another stadium could be built or even for a while play out of the area at Rochdale or something. The hysteria created by the Clowns on Shaymen.net is typical of them not understanding things and when there is the chance to put forward their concerns dont want to know. All they have in their little minds is The Shay must stay in the hands of a COuncil who has no money"

They all must know him personally since they always call him Tony :)

you should really have posted all of it Moody

"Bubba once again shows that he is only interested in his thoughts and opinions. Bubba started this witchhunt and helped others to jump on his bandwagon and publicly abuse Tony and even call in to question his reputation and charity work. Bubba is so far stuck up his own backside its untrue. Doesnt surprise me that this idiot wont attend to hear what Tony has to say. Bubba has his mind made up no matter what.

The Clowns with Bubba have made a big song and dance about this yet now decide they dont want to hear what he says. For me if I was so concerned I would look to ask Tony certain questions and what Guarentees he would look to put in so my club would never be forced out. The Shay is not that important and is just a stadium. If the worst came and the shay went it would not be the end of either club. Life would be much harder but another stadium could be built or even for a while play out of the area at Rochdale or something. The hysteria created by the Clowns on Shaymen.net is typical of them not understanding things and when there is the chance to put forward their concerns dont want to know. All they have in their little minds is The Shay must stay in the hands of a COuncil who has no money"

They all must know him personally since they always call him Tony :)

Grade A uneducated idiots.

Think it very important that Town fans do go on Thursday, otherwise it plays into their hands "we tried to explain our plans but they weren't interested".

Thing is, we're NOT interested. We do not want private ownership, so we don't care a crap what his pie in the sky plans are.

Thing is, we're NOT interested. We do not want private ownership, so we don't care a crap what his pie in the sky plans are.

Chadders.

If one day Tony Abbott came out and said "I am looking into the possibility of buying the Shay and would welcome the opportunity to discuss my ideas with supporters of both clubs" then I think everyone would be more receptive to what he has to say. The fact that he has negotiated a potential deal on the quiet and gloated about "a deal been completed in just a matter of weeks" stinks.

Throw into the mix the main issue regarding the long-term threats - to both clubs -  related to the Shay going into private ownership and there is plenty of reason to be extremely cautious of any sale.

If one day Tony Abbott came out and said "I am looking into the possibility of buying the Shay and would welcome the opportunity to discuss my ideas with supporters of both clubs" then I think everyone would be more receptive to what he has to say. The fact that he has negotiated a potential deal on the quiet and gloated about "a deal been completed in just a matter of weeks" stinks.

Throw into the mix the main issue regarding the long-term threats - to both clubs -  related to the Shay going into private ownership and there is plenty of reason to be extremely cautious of any sale.

Correct he's a snake simples

Think it very important that Town fans do go on Thursday, otherwise it plays into their hands "we tried to explain our plans but they weren't interested".

as long as ownership is on the table, we're not interested. are we?

Because the Rugby Club is 250,000 (2012) in the red and they owe even more now including 52,000 rent things do not look rosey for Abbott. His secret deal came to the notice of the public and now he needs a massive (sic) public relations exercise to win support.

That is all the Thursday meeting is about, drumming up support and he will be praying for finance too. I am undecided as to go or not and will decide on the day. Important day at The Shay, Tuesday, I hope it is not something trivial.

It will be a propaganda coup for him if nobody from The Shaymen goes but could turn ugly with the rugby tuff guys if anyone does.

Thou shalt not question the Messiah.

Because the Rugby Club is 250,000 (2012) in the red and they owe even more now including 52,000 rent things do not look rosey for Abbott. His secret deal came to the notice of the public and now he needs a massive (sic) public relations exercise to win support.

That is all the Thursday meeting is about, drumming up support and he will be praying for finance too. I am undecided as to go or not and will decide on the day. Important day at The Shay, Tuesday, I hope it is not something trivial.

It will be a propaganda coup for him if nobody from The Shaymen goes but could turn ugly with the rugby tuff guys if anyone does.

Thou shalt not question the Messiah.

He's not the messiah he' s just a naughty boy