Macmillan Events 2013

At last seasons presentation a few of the lads were challenged to do the Yorkshire 3 peaks at the next available opportunity.

We now have a date for the event.

The Yorkshire 3 peaks will take place on Saturday 13th July and I fully recommend it. It is a very rewarding but very difficult challenge. We do however have another event that we take part in every year and that is the Leeds 10k. The date for that is Sunday July 14th (The day after the 3 peaks!!!)

The early indications are that some of the lads want to do both events. This would take a lot of effort, but I am sure it is something we can achieve. We would have to stop over in Horton in Ribblesdale on Friday evening, and then travel to Leeds area and stop over on the Saturday night.

Please give this some thought and post on this thread if you are up for doing both, or if you are planning on doing just one of the events.

Thanks all.

The entry form for the Leeds 10k can be found by following the link below. Please can you post on this thread when you have registered

https://eventdesq.imgstg.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=RegisterAdd1&EventDesqID=1454&OrgID=3918

The entry form for the 3 peaks can be found by following the link below

http://www.macmillan.org.uk/Fundraising/Hikingevents/HikingintheUK/Yorkshire3Peaks/SignUpNow.aspx

3 peaks & Leeds 10k

Bish

JB

Hembers

Martin P

Cas

Bobbins

Matty G

Adam P

Toby

Nige

Wiggy

Brett Abbson

Dave T

3 Peaks only

Rambo

Robbo

Kev D

Leeds 10k only

Peaks

Johnny M

Ash Addy

Pretty much sums up my season, i am unavailable for both of these events as we are at a family wedding in London Town.

More disappointed missing the 10k as I have only missed the first year, the 3 peaks is a massive effort but one that I was very happy to complete last year.

I intend to do atleast 1 10k for MCMillan over the next few months , good luck lads :)

Its worldnet the week before. Would mean me having 2 consecutive weekends off work so would struggle.

Would rather do just 3 peaks and be back in Halifax for dinner time on the Sunday. If nobody else is up for that then i may aswell take part in the 10k aswell.

Fitness shouldn't be a problem then.

And if you were a real team player, you'd resign from your job.

What i mean by that is id be having the weekend off to play at Worldnet, and then the charity events would mean having the weekend after that off too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Need some info ASAP with regards accomodation for this weekend.

I will try get a price max £50 for the two nights.

Of the people who are only doing the 10k are you wanting to stay over on the Saturday night or meet us on Sunday morning and of the people who are only doing the 3 peaks will you want accomodation for Saturday to stay and support the runners??

If you could let me know soon as

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...