Will it ever stop?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After reading these comments I realise how clever I am.  I don’t do Facebook Twitter or any of that crap.   I have never been abused.  

It’s so so simple to sort out and very easy to do.  1. When setting up an account you have to have a real name/username 2. You have to upload photo ID or some sort of ID when setting up an a

It wouldn't solve it, but it does stop it becoming easily accessible by impressionable minds. What I do feel is that each passing generation is becoming more tolerant than the one that came befor

14 hours ago, Flea said:

It's uncomfortable, but I do think its more than probable. Quite a few on the extreme left love to grandstand and white knight - they have made plenty of false attacks on others to try boost their own profiles and their own agendas. 

while i hope not nothing would surprise me, but as an example of spreading and peddling hate, just follow a few scot nationalists to see how politics sets a poor example 

then again listening to the lyrics of many songs, if i said those words in public i would be banned from many sites for being offensive, promoting sexism and abuse of others. 

perhaps naively i just think the best way to solve most things is ignore them, i was told at school to ignore those who called you names (rather than fight them as i tended to do) and they in time will lose interest and give up. 

i know that view is not popular to many who say racism should be fought at every instance, but many of those doing it are just seeking to provoke and by responding, they have succeeded. 

nick

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Knobheads using Brexit as an excuse to return their birth right of perpetual violence. I don't think it'll ever end there, too many people enjoy never growing up.

Sad to say certain sections of Northern Irish society could cause a fight in an empty room. As you say it ingrained in their physici, history & traditions & will always be bubbling away under the surface. A united Ireland will probably polarise the issues even more.

thinking on this thread... there are two things going on here, one on field racism between players and of field racial abuse by often by supporters currently through social media and previously on the terraces. 

firstly the on field, this really is down to the players, clubs and governing bodies to sort out.  however lets look at how the players and clubs behave on the field, there is diving, feigning injury, surrounding and abusing officials and i have no doubt sledging of each others sometimes with racial abuse thrown in, and i am sure some pure racism as well, but i dont doubt some players in the spirit of this cheating claim being racially abused just as players go down in agony trying to get someone sent off when they havent been touched. 

what do the players and clubs do about their on field behaviour, NOTHING. what do the authorities do about these behaviours NOTHING. 

i fundamentally believe if the players didnt participate in the on field cheating, i wont call it gamesmanship then much of what we hear about now wouldnt happen. and then the little that did happen could really be stamped on hard.

then off field, a few really provide role model for others but many others dont and just come across as flashy spoilt fools who the normal rules of life to apply to.. this makes it easy for the ignorant jealous tolls to go after them. but the trolls go after many and not just racially but for a whole ranges of things, and yet how often are people brought to account for what they have written, very few, perhaps too few.   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nick said:

thinking on this thread... there are two things going on here, one on field racism between players and of field racial abuse by often by supporters currently through social media and previously on the terraces. 

firstly the on field, this really is down to the players, clubs and governing bodies to sort out.  however lets look at how the players and clubs behave on the field, there is diving, feigning injury, surrounding and abusing officials and i have no doubt sledging of each others sometimes with racial abuse thrown in, and i am sure some pure racism as well, but i dont doubt some players in the spirit of this cheating claim being racially abused just as players go down in agony trying to get someone sent off when they havent been touched. 

what do the players and clubs do about their on field behaviour, NOTHING. what do the authorities do about these behaviours NOTHING. 

i fundamentally believe if the players didnt participate in the on field cheating, i wont call it gamesmanship then much of what we hear about now wouldnt happen. and then the little that did happen could really be stamped on hard.

then off field, a few really provide role model for others but many others dont and just come across as flashy spoilt fools who the normal rules of life to apply to.. this makes it easy for the ignorant jealous tolls to go after them. but the trolls go after many and not just racially but for a whole ranges of things, and yet how often are people brought to account for what they have written, very few, perhaps too few.   

Whether a player feigns injury, cheats on the pitch, has a 'flashy' lifestyle off it, or is clearly a bit of a plonker - there is not, and never will be an excuse for racism in any form.

Edited by greg45
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, Monk said:

Have you seen the footage of the bus being petrol bombed , I saw the headline and thought it was empty and parked up .

Unbelievable , it was moving down the road  couldn't see if any passengers were aboard but front doors were open and it looks like it was thrown at the driver .

It's going backwards over there with the violence , it's shocking viewing .

I saw the footage of 2 British Soldiers sat in their car in the 80's when the  violence was at it's worse , they were surrounded by a mob , dragged out , stripped naked and executed.

That was different circumstances as we all know , this week's violence is about Brexit and trade with Republic of Ireland or something just as trivial like the anarchists in Bristol injuring 23 policeman demonstrating about a new police bill .

Two 13 year olds were arrested this week in Belfast , 13 , yes 13. 

I didn't know what my children were doing all the time when they were playing out with their friends at aged 13 but to think their parents will be told there kids  were involved in a riot, beggars belief.

The corporals killings in 88. Yep horrific, one of the blokes who whisked them away to the waste ground for their execution is now a member of the west Belfast truth and reconciliation commission. That beggars belief....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, obmij77 said:

The corporals killings in 88. Yep horrific, one of the blokes who whisked them away to the waste ground for their execution is now a member of the west Belfast truth and reconciliation commission. That beggars belief....

I remember seeing it on the news at the time. If it was 1988 then I was 10. The images have stuck with me ever since. Truly dreadful.

4 hours ago, greg45 said:

Whether a player feigns injury, cheats on the pitch, has a 'flashy' lifestyle off it, or is clearly a bit of a plonker - there is not, and never will be an excuse for racism in any form.

You obviously didn’t read what I wrote 

14 minutes ago, greg45 said:

"i fundamentally believe if the players didnt participate in the on field cheating, i wont call it gamesmanship then much of what we hear about now wouldnt happen"

I agree with Nick to some extent - if, indeed, this is what he means - that footballers are expected to be beyond reproach, model citizens if you like, when it comes to racism. Yet we allow them to get away with violence, sometimes extreme violence, and cheating as though they are normal and acceptable. Racism is abhorrent, but violence and cheating are not exactly misdemeanours, and if we're expecting footballers to act like role models for the youngsters who idolise them, perhaps we should be encouraging them to not be so selective in the virtuous behaviour we want them to show.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I agree with Nick to some extent - if, indeed, this is what he means - that footballers are expected to be beyond reproach, model citizens if you like, when it comes to racism. Yet we allow them to get away with violence, sometimes extreme violence, and cheating as though they are normal and acceptable. Racism is abhorrent, but violence and cheating are not exactly misdemeanours, and if we're expecting footballers to act like role models for the youngsters who idolise them, perhaps we should be encouraging them to not be so selective in the virtuous behaviour we want them to show.

It depends what is meant by 'cheating' to be honest. Deliberate handball? Last man challenge? Waving an imaginary card at the ref? Hardly comparable to racist abuse. Nor does any player deserve to be racially abused if they commit some form of cheating etc. on the pitch. There's a debate to be had about what level of abuse they should expect to come in for if they act badly, but there's never an excuse/reason for that abuse to be racist in nature.

43 minutes ago, greg45 said:

It depends what is meant by 'cheating' to be honest. Deliberate handball? Last man challenge? Waving an imaginary card at the ref? Hardly comparable to racist abuse. Nor does any player deserve to be racially abused if they commit some form of cheating etc. on the pitch. There's a debate to be had about what level of abuse they should expect to come in for if they act badly, but there's never an excuse/reason for that abuse to be racist in nature.

There should be no debate about what is an acceptable level of abuse .. the answer is none .. there should be no debate about what is an acceptable level of cheating .. the answer is none .. racism on the is worst end of the spectrum... but non of the spectrum should be accepted. 

as I said it should be stamped on hard .. 

but we have created an environment were cheating is accepted .. diving. feigning injury .. abuse of the officials .. sledging of players .. taunting players to react and get sent off .. including racism .. a whole multitude of other things that are not exceptable ., and yet clubs and players happily go about accepting and even encouraging these behaviors ., my point it is as long as you have this anything goes cheating mentality then stamping out players racism will be impossible.. 

as I said when clubs and players stop cheating then firstly I bet the amount of racism diminishes and what is left can be easily stomped on  

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

Yes .. and it’s not that we allow them .. players encourage each other and clubs encourage players to cheat .. when was the last time a club punished a player for cheating .. if ever .. if the game was played without a cheating is acceptable approach .. then really believe that there would be player racism 

1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

A player is going to go to ground at the slightest contact

Players go to ground without any contact 

player feigning injury when no contact has been made

players will elbow someonevin the face when the ref isn’t looking 

players will spit in people’s faces

this is not gamesmanship it’s plain and utter cheating .. 

just like sledging a player .. abusing and threatening refs ..

it might not be as bad as racism but it’s still bad .. you can’t accept one of these and not the other.  

3 hours ago, greg45 said:

"i fundamentally believe if the players didnt participate in the on field cheating, i wont call it gamesmanship then much of what we hear about now wouldnt happen"

why not paste the whole section .. talking on racism in football 

i fundamentally believe if the players didnt participate in the on field cheating, i wont call it gamesmanship then much of what we hear about now wouldnt happen. and then the little that did happen could really be stamped on hard.

yes players should stop the cheating and stamp on the racism ... hard 

Latest news out of Spain re the Cadiz Valencia game is that there is no indication from studying the video and audio that any racist insults were made.

Seems Diakaby may have mis-heard ? 

Which makes you wonder if Juan Cala will receive any apologies from those who were quick to react on social media or indeed whether he will seek to take any legal action for slander/ defamation etc, etc, ? 

Think this one has a way to go yet. 

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Latest news out of Spain re the Cadiz Valencia game is that there is no indication from studying the video and audio that any racist insults were made.

Which makes you wonder if Juan Cala will receive any apologies from those who were quick to react on social media or indeed whether he will seek to take any legal action for slander/ defamation etc, etc, ? 

I know this is a daft idea .. but at times I wish players wore microphones.. would stop both insults and accusations 

31 minutes ago, Norm said:

Isn’t it something like 1 in 20 rapes end in convictions? 

Doesn’t mean 19/20 accusations are false though. 

The problem is it comes down to ‘He said’ and with no creditable evidence or witness to back it up we can’t say for certain the lad was racially abused or not. To say with certainty that the lad is innocent however is also incorrect. 

2 hours ago, Flea said:

Isn’t it something like 1 in 20 rapes end in convictions? 

Doesn’t mean 19/20 accusations are false though. 

The problem is it comes down to ‘He said’ and with no creditable evidence or witness to back it up we can’t say for certain the lad was racially abused or not. To say with certainty that the lad is innocent however is also incorrect. 

They have listened to the audio and employed lip readers to look at the videos and they have concluded that he didn't say what Diakaby said he said to him.

I would say that is clear evidence that he is innocent isn't it ? 

Edited by Norm
6 minutes ago, Norm said:

They have listened to the audio and employed lip readers to look at the videos and they have concluded that he didn't say what Diakaby said he said to him.

I would say that is clear evidence that he is innocent isn't it ? 

So what is the recourse for a false accusation and will any action be as swift as if the accused had been found guilty.

23 hours ago, obmij77 said:

I can see your point and this is not going to be popular but if the people who were part of the problem become part of the solution then that is a result eg Martin McGuiness. I'm not going to glibly say that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter as that is not absolute. Yes I might feel differently if I or my family had been affected directly but if we don't make peace then GB will be still be at war with Germany, France would still be at war with Germany etc etc 

33 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I can see your point and this is not going to be popular but if the people who were part of the problem become part of the solution then that is a result eg Martin McGuiness. I'm not going to glibly say that one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter as that is not absolute. Yes I might feel differently if I or my family had been affected directly but if we don't make peace then GB will be still be at war with Germany, France would still be at war with Germany etc etc 

Fortunately Karma played it´s part and the evil man had a very painful death.