hartlepool match thread (small h intended)

I'll take that in the end. 11 v 11 we might have just nicked it but after going down to ten it's a good enough result. Funny that the side that we're apparently scared of can't beat ten men though 

• Like 2
  • Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking into account that some of our pundits do not rate Sam he had an excellent game and the Hartlepool goalkeeper made Sam’s distribution world class Disappointing to see we have a left wing ba

As a team I don’t think your far away at all, nothing to beat in this league it’s very average, it must be we have won 8 on the bounce at home, yet are garbage away.  One team always goes on a ru

And with ten men too. Imagine not beating ten man Town. How tinpot. 

Posted Images

Settle for the point, but Allen was unable to get past their LB all night and every shot we had seemed to balloon off one ot their defenders and enabled them to break. Better decision making in the final third and we might even have nicked it.

• Like 3

Allen, Earring and King too slow in possession tonight, same as the Barnet game. Get into good positions but take far too long on the ball and let the other team get behind the ball.

Take a point but so frustrating cos if we played with a quicker tempo we would stuff teams like this.

can’t be many teams with more red cards than us this season

That was an ugly watch, 2 poor teams with little quality on show. Only time we look to be threatening is when we load their half of the pitch. Why we wait till 75mins to move Green forward is beyond me. Definite sending off for me, he should have been tackled closer to his own half before going on that run, once we went into extra time we looked to waste time & play for the draw. Why? we needed 3 points not one :doh: As for the streaming service, it is official we are tinpot.;)

Just now, lonesomedove said:

i always take my binoculars to home streaming games

It is so far away from the pitch, it is like watching ants. Sorry to criticize the commentators as they are probably non paid helpers but the sound is so poor, I had it turned up on full power & could hear the yelps from the players over their commentary & it comes over muffled.

Not sure why we changed the formation from beating top of the league away?? Then we sign a striker that PW wanted to sign and we play him on the left wing? Green scored a goal but slows down play too much. They weren't great but we let them have too much of the ball.

• Like 1
Just now, halifaxmark said:

Not sure why we changed the formation from beating top of the league away?? Then we sign a striker that PW wanted to sign and we play him on the left wing? Green scored a goal but slows down play too much. They weren't great but we let them have too much of the ball.

Green should have shot with a clear path to goal a few minutes before but chose to play it out wide instead.

A points a point and conidering we trailed for most the game and finished with 10 you'd take it in isolation.

The bigger picture however is that were not quite good enough for the play offs are we? Not necessarily based on tonight but overall we just don't quite have enough quality for me.

I don't want to see Maher in midfield again, he doesnt posses the ability to pass forward. Jack Senior and Jamie Allen need to spend the next week practicing their crossing.

• Like 3

We are too slow both in approach and decision making, there is too much dithering on the ball. I think confidence is low at the moment and we miss players such as Sommerville, Chadwick and Bell. We need sharpening up to take our chances when they come along. As for the stream it's average at best, I think we must have gone for the cheapest option.

2 minutes ago, lonesomedove said:

we seem to do that too often, a chance of a run ito the box and pass it to the wing instead then a poor cross follows eventualy

In the early part of the game, Allen had the fullback on toast & chose to stop & regroup instead of heading inside & create something. Or at least cause someone to foul him. Why when you beat the player do you not try & attack the defenders is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

We are too slow both in approach and decision making, there is too much dithering on the ball. I think confidence is low at the moment and we miss players such as Sommerville, Chadwick and Bell. We need sharpening up to take our chances when they come along. As for the stream it's average at best, I think we must have gone for the cheapest option.

Worst stream in the league, worst commentators aswel.

4 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

As for the stream it's average at best, I think we must have gone for the cheapest option.

I think you are being too kind there :)

2 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

perhaps it is not the commentators, but the quality of the audio system that is being used?

As a side issue, not long ago, if there were issues with allowing the FANS into the ground or some other reason that would have spoilt their entertainment. The referee would have had the oportunity to hold the game up until the issue was sorted, so that the FANS  would not have missed the start.

Do we not matter any more ;)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Don't have a problem with the commentators tbf, just need to learn to turn the mics on/off before moving them about because it creates a horrible noise on the stream otherwise 

2 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Don't have a problem with the commentators tbf, just need to learn to turn the mics on/off before moving them about because it creates a horrible noise on the stream otherwise 

Its a very hard job, i wouldn't like to do it i just think 1 of them is probably exactly how id be, gets too loud and excited when we get a chance,resulting in me watching with the sound down

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

What i still can’t believe is how bad that result were against Barnet. They are utter crap and we couldn’t beat them 

There isn't much quality at this level, to be honest I don't think Hartlepool were much better than Barnet on tonight's showing.

We threw away 2 points.

• Like 1