Not sure how feasible this would be, but I have been trying to think of something a little different to try and raise a few quid for the club. 

What do people think of trying to get 162 Town fans to run/walk a mile a day for the month of March making a total of over 5000 miles, and for every mile walked/run we all try and get a £1 donated to a fundraising page? 

Would this work? What would we need to set in place by the 1st March? 

Please offer your thoughts and if you could offer help in organising the fundraising page etc.

Like I said its just an idea that's all 

I quite liked the football cards last time round when at least you had a chance of winning something.

I won't be donating at the moment because I don't think it will achieve much. If we have a good run of results maybe I will change my mind. Will money donated just reduce the amount being borrowed or will it be over and above and used to strengthen the squad rather than on general running costs?

Its a great idea. I was thinking similar friday teatime when we found out about our predicament. 

I was thinking about doing so many laps of the pitch but a mile seems more feesable. 

Did you know that walking 2.7 miles per days equals 1000 per years. Just thought id say!! 

52 minutes ago, Janis said:

How about £5 for every goal we score sent to the club

Janis stick it on the Goalometer. This is already in place to give you the opportunity to do this, you can even do like Chadders and go for more for away goals.

10 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I would walk 500 miles 

4 minutes ago, shaymenRup said:

And I would walk 500 more

Vinny and Rup The Proclaimers or should I say The Proshaymers.

Edited by born to moan
  • Haha 1

How about we do a fundraiser -

Every game we win between now and the end of the season we donate £10 to the club - however is done as a ‘match ticket donation’ for free entry for an u16 for next season.

Say by the end of the season we have 500 ‘match donation tickets’ (ie £5k), that money goes to the club, and we/the club in return give out 500 free tickets to local kids teams to get them back in next year.

Could have the added benefit of getting new blood down, and a few paying parents after a long year where going to the football has fallen off the ‘norm’ list. 

The club in theory will then be giving out free tickets to kids that we have paid for, pushing the gate and interest up at no financial loss to them.

Edited by Flea
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

absolutely, how many of us were hooked by a visit before we were 11?

Me for one plus a couple of mates, didn't pay then either, over bus garage fence & down embankment as Bobby pretended not to be looking.

• Like 1

Fully agree, but it is not the climate we are in sadly. 

I got hooked thanks to the "Kid for a Quid" thing in the Courier way back when. We need to find a way to entice new blood into the club that won't price them out, or hurt the club. 

10 hours ago, Flea said:

Fully agree, but it is not the climate we are in sadly. 

I got hooked thanks to the "Kid for a Quid" thing in the Courier way back when. We need to find a way to entice new blood into the club that won't price them out, or hurt the club. 

What do primary aged kids enjoy these days?

Would something like a gaming console club before the match work? String a few PlayStations up to TVs and have a FIFA knockout?

Pretty sure most parents would be happy to get rid of the kids for a couple of hours!

14 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

absolutely, how many of us were hooked by a visit before we were 11?

I was 6 when my dad took me for the first time and I suppose that was it!!! Hooked. Harder nowadays though, not to many people had cars back then and the M62 didnt exist. If we'd lived about a mile further up the road I might be a Huddersfield Town fan, but thank god that nightmare never happened. Shayman till I die!!!! 😃

• Like 3