10 minutes ago, AJS said:

Talk about bad luck! Another season ending injury! I know he barely played for us but that's just rotten luck. Wish him a swift recovery and best of luck for the future

Its still another player down and someone that may need replacing, a lot depends on when Nathan Clarke will be ready to join the match day squad 

17 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Its still another player down and someone that may need replacing, a lot depends on when Nathan Clarke will be ready to join the match day squad 

Could be a chance for young Jay Benn should one of the current back 3 get injured. We need to be careful with Clarke, an eye injury is potentially life changing. Can't afford to rush him back. Wonder if Huddersfield could lend us a player or two?

• Like 2
Just now, Greggs said:

I think we should be thankful it wasn't a more important player. I said yesterday I didn't understand the need for the game.

Good luck to the Lad in his rehab and in his future career 

Practise games always take place so managers can look at players, give returning players game time and especially as we didn't have a game this weekend it keeps the lads up to speed match wise. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Practise games always take place so managers can look at players, give returning players game time and especially as we didn't have a game this weekend it keeps the lads up to speed match wise. 

But we are playing on Tuesday night it's not like we are without a game for a massive length of time. 

Others might have a different opinion such as yourself but it could have been Hyde then where would we have been? 

18 minutes ago, Greggs said:

But we are playing on Tuesday night it's not like we are without a game for a massive length of time. 

Others might have a different opinion such as yourself but it could have been Hyde then where would we have been? 

It could have been Hyde in training against our youth team. I would say plenty of injuries happen in training up and down the country, do we stop doing that? To flip it round the manger may have unearthed a gem from that game, would it have been worth it then? 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

It could have been Hyde in training against our youth team. I would say plenty of injuries happen in training up and down the country, do we stop doing that? To flip it round the manger may have unearthed a gem from that game, would it have been worth it then? 

Training is a necessity. Mid season training games are not.  

We disagree so we move on. 

Edited by Greggs
54 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Training is a necessity. Mid season training games are not.  

We disagree so we move on. 

For someone that purports to be an expert on all things football you really have no idea. Games take place in training all the time, be it an internal one or as it happened to be against Huddersfield

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ewalsh said:

For someone that purports to be an expert on all things football you really have no idea. Games take place in training all the time, be it an internal one or as it happened to be against Huddersfield

Know more about football than you ever will cherub 

• Confused 1

Can we use the amount of injuries we have had this season as some sort of down payment for us not getting them next season?

I know to some it will seem like an excuse, but jeez, we have had ZERO luck at all this past year with players getting injured. So many, for quite a long time too. We must be owed a run of luck at some point. Lets hope we are getting it all out of the way this season. 

It feels almost impossible to judge PW and the team this season.