2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

To what end? To bad mouth the manager and undermine his authority? If it's just to talk, can't the players talk amongst themselves? Why do they need a third party to generate atmosphere and camaraderie? Are football players incapable of doing this without some nesbit running around in their midst?

Nesbit.....wow

• Like 2
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interestingly, I had a business call today with a chap and in conversation he asked where I was from and assumed I was a Leeds Utd supporter, when I told him that I was in fact a fan of Halifax Town h

Really? So our chairman didn’t want to see any of his staff or players extremely happy that we’ve just won a trophy at Wembley and got a lot of money for the club.  Jesus ****ing Christ we have a

8 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Nesbit.....wow

That wasn't directed at Helli, as I said previously, I don't know him at all, just countering Bubba's claim that the dressing room needs a third party joker of some sort.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

just countering Bubba's claim that the dressing room needs a third party joker of some sort.

I cant remember saying that.

Just now, TJAshton said:

The interview with McClelland is brilliant and very in depth 

Just thinking the same thing. I've got a very good feeling about the summer ahead.

Brilliant decision to have him back at the club will be worth his weight in gold this summer when helping with recruitment. 

Well done to all involved for bringing him back. Hopefully he stays for the long term and starts making us some money in sell ons. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Hoddie said:

Helliwell sounds like someone you shouldn't trust with scissors. Over-excitable and liable to forget he's carrying a dangerous weapon.

I don't know the guy, I'm sure he's great, but when you're in a position of trust - volunteer or not - you need to behave accordingly. I'm not buying the "he loved the club" crap - all of the club's volunteers do, yet most manage to contain themselves and not bring the club into disrepute.

And the last time he was on here he behaved worse than a toddler pumped up on full-fat Coca-Cola.

You’re entitled to your opinion but coming out with things like someone who couldnt be trusted with scissors and a toddler pumped up on full fat coca-cola shows how credible your opinion is and you even admit you don’t know the guy 🙈

also saying in a position of trust you need to act accordingly, I’m sure other staff, players who are also in a position of trust and get paid for the privilege have over stepped the mark at times or done things which has either brought the club into disrepute or disrespected the club (I know they have) over the years.

Not all players/staff that are down there now or have been down there in the past love the club, it’s a job to them, it’s something they have to do, In my dads case for 28 years being down there was because he loved it and being involved to help the club in anyway he could, giving up time with his family to get to training/ games, missing family get togethers to help doing what he did for the team, getting home from midweek away games in the early hours of the morning having a few hours kip and going to do a full shift at work the next day. As I’ve said earlier I’m not condoning things he may have done (I don’t know everything he might have done) but what I do know it will have been though his passion for the club and in some instances influenced by people involved with the team to get at, wind up the opposition, not everything is as plain as it might seem.

Also if he has commented on things on here you have to remember with him being down there and involved for so many years he knows what may have gone on in the club in whatever situation was being discussed, he knows certain situations and why they happened. So even though a lot of good goes on by people there, there is also a lot of things that aren’t so good too and things supporters don’t know about.

Anyway you have had your opinion on someone you don’t know (as you’ve stated) and don’t know what goes on and got in on the thread, enjoy the read 👍

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hellidog said:

You’re entitled to your opinion but coming out with things like someone who couldnt be trusted with scissors and a toddler pumped up on full fat coca-cola shows how credible your opinion is and you even admit you don’t know the guy 🙈

also saying in a position of trust you need to act accordingly, I’m sure other staff, players who are also in a position of trust and get paid for the privilege have over stepped the mark at times or done things which has either brought the club into disrepute or disrespected the club (I know they have) over the years.

Not all players/staff that are down there now or have been down there in the past love the club, it’s a job to them, it’s something they have to do, In my dads case for 28 years being down there was because he loved it and being involved to help the club in anyway he could, giving up time with his family to get to training/ games, missing family get togethers to help doing what he did for the team, getting home from midweek away games in the early hours of the morning having a few hours kip and going to do a full shift at work the next day. As I’ve said earlier I’m not condoning things he may have done (I don’t know everything he might have done) but what I do know it will have been though his passion for the club and in some instances influenced by people involved with the team to get at, wind up the opposition, not everything is as plain as it might seem.

Also if he has commented on things on here you have to remember with him being down there and involved for so many years he knows what may have gone on in the club in whatever situation was being discussed, he knows certain situations and why they happened. So even though a lot of good goes on by people there, there is also a lot of things that aren’t so good too and things supporters don’t know about.

Anyway you have had your opinion on someone you don’t know (as you’ve stated) and don’t know what goes on and got in on the thread, enjoy the read 👍

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Bubba said:

Put his 'bad' behaviour aside, you cannot put a value on people like Helli for what they do behind the scenes. I dont mean helping with the kit, etc; but more the dressing room atmosphere and camaraderie. Part of the management team, but someone the players can speak to on a personal level which they may not be able to do with the manager. Every dressing room needs someone like him.

You know what you’re on about 👏👏

I’ve no personal opinion on Helli, was good to have anyone from Halifax on the books in any role. 

But the thought process of Anyone who agrees with me - good opinion, anyone who disagrees - bad opinion, isn’t the best mindset to have

27 minutes ago, Hellidog said:

Ben....football is all about opinion s as you know...mine is Helli loved the shaymen as I do....he did a great job at Halifax Town...my opinion... When I started taking my grandkids down the shay,he came over and had a chat with them making there day even better..I even said he was one of the subs..they got his autograph..still have it in there book..anyway as we say STID..not man Utd pal..

Just now, nw3casc1 said:

Ben....football is all about opinion s as you know...mine is Helli loved the shaymen as I do....he did a great job at Halifax Town...my opinion... When I started taking my grandkids down the shay,he came over and had a chat with them making there day even better..I even said he was one of the subs..they got his autograph..still have it in there book..anyway as we say STID..not man Utd pal..

The more people defend him and justify his behaviour - behaviour which seems to have been the reason the club said thank-you but goodbye - the more I think of Jack Haymer. Someone who loved the club and served it in many roles, players loved him, supporters loved him, everyone but the current BoD seemed to love him. To my knowledge he never embarrassed himself or the club while 'on duty' as it were.