Think some people are envious  when people Express their emotions ,  it means happiness, had the same problem when i worked for a well known insurance company, i won a holiday in Madeira and the bosses said i let the company down by not looking smart round the pool ie not wearing a tie, then upset them by going on the famous sledge ride when the others went to a glass factory for a boring two hours, i was told later that night by one of the bosses who had too much to drink told me that my days were numbered because i did not fit the company's image so i said i don't give a dam and they will never stop me from being happy and that was the end of me, getting back to Helli i dont give a dam what DB expects because Helli and the fans were hear a long time before he came on the scene.

• Like 2
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interestingly, I had a business call today with a chap and in conversation he asked where I was from and assumed I was a Leeds Utd supporter, when I told him that I was in fact a fan of Halifax Town h

Really? So our chairman didn’t want to see any of his staff or players extremely happy that we’ve just won a trophy at Wembley and got a lot of money for the club.  Jesus ****ing Christ we have a

5 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Helli and Jack gave everything to Halifax Town.  They never asked for anything but gave everything they had. 

People like Jack and Helli are extremely rare these days. People with passion, volunteering their time for nothing other than their love for the club.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

For all his good points, Helli was a loose cannon on the touchline and I feel him running around Wembley with a flag with his top off is not what DB wanted or expected of his staff

Well the supporters did....STID .........

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

His antics away at Garforth which lead to a touchline ban for him wasnt what is expected from a member of the clubs staff. Not critiscing his passion, just saying that in the role he had he should have behaved a little differently at times 

Need a bigger spade ?

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

His antics away at Garforth which lead to a touchline ban for him wasnt what is expected from a member of the clubs staff. Not critiscing his passion, just saying that in the role he had he should have behaved a little differently at times 

The media team (Chesh)throwing laptops wasn’t good but now and then emotions take over

• Like 2
20 hours ago, dj funky said:

he was not aloud to take the cup up for Jack Hamer for a photo who was very ill.

I am generally supportive of the Board, but was shocked about this. Would have been a nice thing to do, wouldn't have cost anything and would have meant the world to Jack. Not a good look to refuse it, if there was no particular reason to do so. It's a few years ago now & hopefully would be handled differently if same situation arose.

Edited by Skircoat Shed Archive
  • Like 3
On 2/26/2021 at 10:41 AM, Papa Lazarou said:
On 2/26/2021 at 10:41 AM, Papa Lazarou said:

Sometimes he may have done things which wasn’t expected in his role but whatever he did he did for the love of the club. Not saying that’s always right but everyone can make mistakes in the heat of the moment and if you love the club like he did, players, staff, supporters can’t they. Over a 28 year period he was there the amount of times he overstepped the mark in his role with his passion for the club was rare. You don’t know as well if he was getting told to do certain things to wind up opposition over the years by the various managers, staff, behind the scenes.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Really? So our chairman didn’t want to see any of his staff or players extremely happy that we’ve just won a trophy at Wembley and got a lot of money for the club. 

Jesus ****ing Christ we have a boring chairman if that’s the case! 

Of course, but did he want to see a member of staf behaving like that, probably not. The excuse for the behaviour at Garforth? 

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Of course, but did he want to see a member of staf behaving like that, probably not. The excuse for the behaviour at Garforth? 

We are not on about Garforth. We are on about a staff member who is very passionate about the club and has seen his team win at Wembley for the first time on a great day running around with a flag infront of the clubs fans. 

Nothing wrong with it. 

• Like 2
On 2/26/2021 at 12:17 AM, Hellidog said:

Woody, djfunky, new3casc1, Richmond 96, thank you for your nice words about my dad, I will show him, he will really appreciate them. 

Halifax was his life, he loved the club, the supporters and just being down there, for the majority of his 20 odd years for no money just the love of being around the place, players and helping in anyway he could. A lot of the ex players and managers still keep in touch with him now which shows the respect he had down there and if I ever come across ex players they always have nothing but nice things to say about him and what effect he had on the players when he was in and around them at training or games. What ever he did all he wanted was the best for the club and the supporters. 

thanks again, it’s nice to hear nice things being said about him, what a way to go out though after all them years, being involved with a winning  Halifax team at Wembley 🙌

Hi  B .  Hellidog, reading this made me realise I haven’t seen your  dad for quite some time , is he still living in the village ?, I agree with most others I’d like to see  back down the shay, sadly it’s not going to happen while mr B is here.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Really? So our chairman didn’t want to see any of his staff or players extremely happy that we’ve just won a trophy at Wembley and got a lot of money for the club. 

Jesus ****ing Christ we have a boring chairman if that’s the case! 

Totally Agree Tom... He must be very boring....loved to see Helli running around Wembley with a blue and white flag....I am sure a few thousand enjoyed it too....

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

Hi  B .  Hellidog, reading this made me realise I haven’t seen your  dad for quite some time , is he still living in the village ?, I agree with most others I’d like to see  back down the shay, sadly it’s not going to happen while mr B is here.

Not seen helli for a while up Southowram.. Seen Ben plenty of times..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

We are not on about Garforth. We are on about a staff member who is very passionate about the club and has seen his team win at Wembley for the first time on a great day running around with a flag infront of the clubs fans. 

Nothing wrong with it. 

We will have to agree to disagree on this 

On 2/26/2021 at 1:35 AM, ITMAN said:

Unlike of course the upper echelons of the pyramid where it is all about corporate needs and how much they can squeeze out of fans for the privilege of the "experience".   

Yeah, I sure am glad we don't have to deal with any of that at our club :unsure:

52 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

Yeah, I sure am glad we don't have to deal with any of that at our club :unsure:

The difference Ollie, is that the PL and Championship teams in particular do this with the benefit of the TV millions. When clubs such as ours do it, it is a matter of necessity, or survival.  We should be comparing apples with apples....

59 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

The difference Ollie, is that the PL and Championship teams in particular do this with the benefit of the TV millions. When clubs such as ours do it, it is a matter of necessity, or survival.  We should be comparing apples with apples....

I know, I know. Although the discussion above shows a few signs of where the directors' rigid control and sterile manner of management has really ruined the magic at some key points. They've done an alright job over the last 5 years and started some good initiatives. The season ticket offer from a couple of seasons ago in particular was excellent, and the media coverage this season has been great too, especially compared to most other teams. 

• Like 2
On 2/28/2021 at 2:15 PM, Blueblood said:

Hi mate, yes he lives local, down Wheatley now. 

no unfortunately it will never happen, it’s a shame there were some issues because my dad loved it down there, it was his life, that’s over even his wife and kids 😂 he was down there a lot of years. 

• Thanks 2