• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What also impressed me is how we played out the last 5 minutes limiting Torquay to one attack and that came from a foul by Maher. So many teams have done that to us over the years at The Shay. Great j

You can say what you like about this team, their faults, their frailties, but what a joy they are to watch.  It's a team with identity and attacking intent. They might not be good enough to go up

Town keep up their excellent record at Plainmoor when the fans aren't allowed in.

Posted Images

King is hands down our player of the season so far. Yes he has his faults but his quality his head and shoulders above this league. Earring has been poor for a while now but turns it on for the cameras - Kossy mark 2!!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Glenners said:

Is Jeff King the new Kevin Holme.... discuss 

No. He’s not tried to beat up the opposition manager during the game,..yet

This came to me instinctively. It was KH wasn’t it v Kevin Radcliffe?

Edited by shaymen_x
22 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

That was brilliant. Most of my memories of Torquay away are waiting up as a kid when this was always a Saturday night fixture to wait for the result on MOTD, which was usually Torquay United 1/2/3 Halifax Town 0. The worst was crying myself to sleep when we lost there 2-0 midweek in April 71 to end our promotion hopes from Div. 3. Love the Town.

You’re interest/suffering goes back further than I’ve ever realised...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Monk said:

Bottom Barnet to Top Torquay , how do you explain that .

Absolutely brilliant , Earing what a player , King zero to hero , the lot of them showed so much passion and commitment , what a superb performance and add the fact the ref did all he could to give them the points and Lemon Head Evans didn't score .

Said on commentary last time we won there Jon Shaw scored 2 .

The beer is going down well tonight.

Some of us saw us win there last season..

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Well I was wrong. Great second half performance, two good goals and plenty of commitment from every player. Even Sam had a good game, commanded his area well and even his kicking improved.  If only we could show some consistancy we would of been serious play off contenders. Never the less well done everyone and a safe journey home.

We still are. There is a long way still to go!

2 minutes ago, eddies mate said:

Some of us saw us win there last season..

2002 league division 3 , won 4-2 Shaw scored twice , he must have been on about that , I have been drinking and that performance has accelerated my senses.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Its in our hands to make playoffs, if we can beat Torquay away we surely have a chance of beating the enormous hartlepool at home (small h intended)

Yes but the game after we play freefalling Wealdstone so we all know we will probably lose. 

Consistently inconsistent. Unfortunately it's probably going to cost us 

6 minutes ago, Monk said:

2002 league division 3 , won 4-2 Shaw scored twice , he must have been on about that , I have been drinking and that performance has accelerated my senses.

Final game of the season 02 wasnt it?  Chants of "we're s*** but we've beaten you"

Shaw was 2008 but cant remember score

Edited by shaykehands
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

What a game, 1st pen ok close seen them given could easily have been a free kick on the edge 2nd never in a million years, comms said we didn't get pen on Earing because the ball was going away from him well their player didn't have a chance in hell of getting the ball for his pen. Earing great game and I think Campbell great build up play (should have scored). Brilliant team performance and good to see a player disappointed being subbed.

Both their keeper & hall should have walked.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 4