Edited by Steve Lanzarote
  • Like 1
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know its his job but players must take responsibility also. Tonight late on i see Jake Hyde cleverly get in behind the Barnet back 4 and he puts a dangerous ball back accross the face of the goal, n

It's a far cry from December when we took 15 points from 21 . We had those 3 games against Aldershot (A) won 3-1 . Weymouth (A) won 5-1 and then Barnet at home which we won 5-2 all in the space o

I wouldn’t say the best team won I’d say the other crap team won

Not sure what to predict ., we could be rusty .. but hopefully all the knocks are gone.. and hopefully wood will be back at his best ..

as to Barnet I have no ideal what to expect .. yes the league table doesn’t lie .. but clubs at the bottom are desperate to turn things around .. think if they score first they will be hard to beat .. if we score first they might not be able to lift themselves .. that first 20-30 mins when Barnet are up for it will be critical 

want a win but think we might have to settle for a draw .. need to avoid a loss 

nick

People saying would take a draw?? They are rock bottom for a reason,  only 2 wins, minus 30 goal difference... Need a win if we want to put us back in the playoff hunt. Be nice to be 2+ goals up by the 75th minute and give Hyde a steady 10-15 minutes. I fancy us 3-0 tonight, campbell to get a brace.

• Like 2

If we have any aspirations of the play offs we need to win. Failure to do so takes us on to Torquay low on confidence and probably defeat.

A win gets us back in play off hunt and gives us a better chance on Saturday also.

A big game for us having not played for while but its the same for Barnet. Since we beat them at the Shay they've picked up 1 point in 8 games.

If we don't win tonight DB might aswell give the Dover chairman a call and get some advice ;)

Barnet 1-2 Town

• Like 1

Must win game this one. Even if it’s a dodgy/rusty performance we have to find a way to win tonight. Hope Hyde gets a chance off the bench. A fully fit Hyde could be the difference between playoffs or no playoffs 

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Not sure what to predict ., we could be rusty .. but hopefully all the knocks are gone.. and hopefully wood will be back at his best ..

as to Barnet I have no ideal what to expect .. yes the league table doesn’t lie .. but clubs at the bottom are desperate to turn things around .. think if they score first they will be hard to beat .. if we score first they might not be able to lift themselves .. that first 20-30 mins when Barnet are up for it will be critical 

nick

Barnet have not won in 16 lost 9 in a row. It’s set up for a home win. It’s the Halifax Town way 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Ash said:

They’ve improved or are improving under Tim Flowers and we haven’t played for 3 weeks. Away win hopefully.

Flowers has been in charge for 6 games, they've lost all 6.

No excuses tonight, the result might influence DB on his vote to void season or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Nick said:

nick

Win only no excuses. 

1 hour ago, Ash said:

They’ve improved or are improving under Tim Flowers and we haven’t played for 3 weeks. Away win hopefully.

What rubbish are you talking?? How are they improving? Havent they lost every game under tim flowers including defeats to Dorking, Dover and Aldershot?!

And their last game was only 3 days after ours 

Edited by halifaxmark
4 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Probably not Essex, Steve. Barnet is North London/Middx./Herts. No mention on BBC of any local radio commentary tonight.

I keep checking to see but nothing although the other day Barnet said there would be comms.

6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Team I expect PW to play.

1- Sam

5-Byrne     31- Maher     6-Bradbury

2-King         11- Williams

8-Green        23-Woods     10-Earing

7- Allen        33-Campbell

Subs Renshaw-3-Senior-9-Hyde-35-Belehouan-18-Benn

Stream https://www.barnetfc.com/

Radio probably-Radio Essex

Can't believe you've got Maher in there after his last performance. Give the loan lad from Sheff Utd a run. Or even better is Clarke fit yet?

Approaching the half way mark in the season so this game will provide a good guide as to whether we are really capable of kicking on and getting into the play off places or whether we are going to be midtable fodder, too good to go down but too inconsistent to worry the big boys. Nothing less than 3 points tonight followed by not losing at Torquay would be a good return.

View from the Barnet forum, most of them agree with it.

I for one have no confidence that TF can save us from relegation. It is clear that since he joined our "style" of football has deteriorated and is worse than under Beadle, or any other manager I can remember. (Note. Other managers have tried to play football but were unable to train or motivate the team to do so or had crap players). There is no longer any attempt to pass the ball and be constructive in the way we play. The players just blindly head the ball randomly or hoof it without even the pretence of trying to get it to another team mate. His idea of de-skilling the team and bringing in a load of giants with the aim of just bullying the opposition with the hope that, like table football, the ball will end in the net is ugly an unproductive. It is unfootball. I would love to be proved wrong but doubt that I will.

1 hour ago, born to moan said:

Can't believe you've got Maher in there after his last performance. Give the loan lad from Sheff Utd a run. Or even better is Clarke fit yet?

I still believe we won´t see much of Clarke again and would not be afraid to put Belehuoan in even if you can´t spell his name BTM but Maher can´t play as bad again.:P

The more I read barnets forum. The more I think tonight will be there 1st win. 

i would defo start Hyde. It’s an unpopular opinion. But a half fit Hyde is head and shoulders above Allen and Campbell. Nothing against Allen. He isn’t (no matter what anyone says” an “out and out striker” Hyde leads the line. I ain’t seen nothing of Campbell to say he will do the same. Start Hyde and get a good 60mins. Bring Allen or Campbell on when legs are tired to get at there dodgy defence. 

2 hours ago, East Stand Ultra said:

The key tonight is to get Jamie Allen and Jeff running at JBW on their left hand side. I liked the fella when he was with us but i've seen cruise ships turn faster than him!!

yes absolutely, think i could beat him to the Barnet by-line from a standing start in Yorkshire in my carpet slippers

• Haha 2