Jump to content

Barnet Away (W/D/L)


Will the Bees Sting Town  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. Barnet Win/Draw/Loss

    • Win
      35
    • Draw
      11
    • Lose
      3


Recommended Posts

Barnet (Away) Facts and Figures (NL only)

Played 18 Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 13

Goals For 14 Goals Against 44 (-30)

League Position 23rd (bottom) on 9 pts

Best Result 0-0 v the Mighty Hartlepool (Home)

Worst Defeat 0-6 v Chesterfield (Away)

Top Scorers: 

JJ Hooper - 4 goals (15 games – 12 starts)

Michael Petrasso - 4 goals (9 games – 5 starts)

Last 5 results: 

Boreham Wood (H) 0-3

Altrincham (H) 1-2

Dover (A) 1-3

Torquay (H) 0-2

Aldershot (A) 1-2

For 3 Against 12

Their Home record is Played 10 Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 7. For 5 Against 19.

Barnet are currently bottom of the league and only recently lost away at Dover, the second worst team in the league. However, since we played and beat Barnet at the Shay on the 2nd December a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

Barnet now have a new manager, Tin Flowers, who took over from Peter Beadle, after Chesterfield inflicted a 6-0 thrashing of Barnet in mid-December. Under Flowers leadership, Barnet have still not won any games, or scored many goals, but they have tightened up at the back.

Town will hope to have Jake Hyde ready to play, maybe not start, but Woods showed signs that he is recovering his fitness in the game against Maidenhead, and he made a significant difference to the midfield improvement in the second half. Danny Williams also should be in contention to start, which would provide a better defensive formation.

Up front, depending on the Hyde situation, it is likely that Dahvon Campbell will start on Tuesday night probably with Allen, with Hyde being given a run out, how long depending on how the game is going.

Town will need to attack from the off in order to push Barnet back into a defensive formation, this will allow Woods to maintain control in the centre of the park and give Green and Earing the opportunity to join in the attack, either with direct runs or getting in the box to present targets for the wing backs to pick out.

Whilst the game on Saturday will have been tiring due to the pitch being heavy, there did not appear to be any signs of the Town players running out of steam. With Barnet not having played at the weekend then they might be fresher, but the artificial surface will benefit our passing style of play. So this could be less of a factor.

The pitch hopefully should be playable as the bad weather is not forecast to affect North London.

This could be another potential banana skin, as Barnet have performed better of late, than earlier in the season. They are not leaking goals as spectacularly, but they are still conceding 2 or 3 goals per game. If Niall Maher and the other CB’s perform at the level, we know they are capable of and keep a clean sheet then we should come away with 3 points. This is one of those “must win” games as it will serve to keep the team in the play-off chasing spots. So far, the teams around us are burning their games in hand but we are not being pushed too far down the table. 3 points at Barnet plus 3 points against Dover, will be no less than what PW will expect.

Edited by ITMAN
Correction regarding pitch
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to be winning this game if we have Hopes to push up to the top end of the table. However we have been known to struggle against teams we are supposed to beat. I think we will win but I dont think it will he easy 1-0 will do though 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Barnet have only won 2 league games all season and not since October, and lost the last 7. We should be looking for a convincing win by 2/3 goals at least.

I hate it when people say things like that as it normally accompanies a poor showing and result. Hopefully this match will be different and we will bring home the points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think Saturdays game will go ahead. Dover have been very vocal about not wanting the season to carry on I can't then see them being willing to track up here. 

There last 2 games since they said they don't want to carry on have been off for the "weather" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Barnet (Away) Facts and Figures (NL only)

 

Whilst the game on Saturday will have been tiring due to the pitch being heavy, there did not appear to be any signs of the Town players running out of steam. With Barnet not having played at the weekend then they might be fresher, but the artificial surface will benefit our passing style of play. So this could be less of a factor.

 

Can you explain this. it reads as if we played last Saturday. Surely not

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greggs said:

I really don't think Saturdays game will go ahead. Dover have been very vocal about not wanting the season to carry on I can't then see them being willing to track up here. 

There last 2 games since they said they don't want to carry on have been off for the "weather" 

Dover have already cancelled their Tues game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Can you explain this. it reads as if we played last Saturday. Surely not

I was referring to the Town v Maidenhead game played on Saturday 30th Jan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chadders said:

Due to the weather 

Tomorrow will be next to go. Snowing heavily in Edgware right now and with how cold it's going to be overnight there I just don't see there being any chance of it being on unfortunately 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Barnet (Away) Facts and Figures (NL only)

Played 18 Won 2 Drawn 3 Lost 13

Goals For 14 Goals Against 44 (-30)

League Position 23rd (bottom) on 9 pts

Best Result 0-0 v the Mighty Hartlepool (Home)

Worst Defeat 0-6 v Chesterfield (Away)

Top Scorers: 

JJ Hooper - 4 goals (15 games – 12 starts)

Michael Petrasso - 4 goals (9 games – 5 starts)

Last 5 results: 

Boreham Wood (H) 0-3

Altrincham (H) 1-2

Dover (A) 1-3

Torquay (H) 0-2

Aldershot (A) 1-2

For 3 Against 12

Their Home record is Played 10 Won 1 Drawn 2 Lost 7. For 5 Against 19.

Barnet are currently bottom of the league and only recently lost away at Dover, the second worst team in the league. However, since we played and beat Barnet at the Shay on the 2nd December a lot of water has passed under the bridge.

Barnet now have a new manager, Tin Flowers, who took over from Peter Beadle, after Chesterfield inflicted a 6-0 thrashing of Barnet in mid-December. Under Flowers leadership, Barnet have still not won any games, or scored many goals, but they have tightened up at the back.

Town will hope to have Jake Hyde ready to play, maybe not start, but Woods showed signs that he is recovering his fitness in the game against Maidenhead, and he made a significant difference to the midfield improvement in the second half. Danny Williams also should be in contention to start, which would provide a better defensive formation.

Up front, depending on the Hyde situation, it is likely that Dahvon Campbell will start on Tuesday night probably with Allen, with Hyde being given a run out, how long depending on how the game is going.

Town will need to attack from the off in order to push Barnet back into a defensive formation, this will allow Woods to maintain control in the centre of the park and give Green and Earing the opportunity to join in the attack, either with direct runs or getting in the box to present targets for the wing backs to pick out.

Whilst the game on Saturday will have been tiring due to the pitch being heavy, there did not appear to be any signs of the Town players running out of steam. With Barnet not having played at the weekend then they might be fresher, but the artificial surface will benefit our passing style of play. So this could be less of a factor.

The pitch hopefully should be playable as the bad weather is not forecast to affect North London.

This could be another potential banana skin, as Barnet have performed better of late, than earlier in the season. They are not leaking goals as spectacularly, but they are still conceding 2 or 3 goals per game. If Niall Maher and the other CB’s perform at the level, we know they are capable of and keep a clean sheet then we should come away with 3 points. This is one of those “must win” games as it will serve to keep the team in the play-off chasing spots. So far, the teams around us are burning their games in hand but we are not being pushed too far down the table. 3 points at Barnet plus 3 points against Dover, will be no less than what PW will expect.


Don’t Barnet have a Grass pitch ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Blueblood said:


Don’t Barnet have a Grass pitch ?

Correct, I did edit my initial review last night but missed the earlier paragraph were I had referred to the artificial surface. This was due to my incorrectly reading a report from the company who had laid the 3G training pitch in 2018.

Apologies for the incorrect information, it should have read that the pitch will be crap and we cannot expect to play any decent football on it.😃

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I hate it when people say things like that as it normally accompanies a poor showing and result. Hopefully this match will be different and we will bring home the points.

I get what you’re saying, although my comment was not saying that a convincing win is a given, but it’s a game where this should be a target. We will still have to show up and play well to get the win, Barnet won’t just roll over.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is perfectly set up for a Barnet win. They are slowly improving under a new manager, Town expected to win and even talked about being aware of complacency for this game.

Given the above nothing more certain than a 2-0 home win.

We don't score, lack creativity, concede sloppy goals and everyone is devastated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...