Favourite Players starting with ...

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longhurst his goal away at Burnley was brilliant and still remember when I was in Griff’s and was told he had passed away

There's not that many Halifax Town players whose surnames begin with A, and Bill Atkins was before my time, so my pick would have to be BILLY AYRE. Tough as old boots, as hard as they come, nobody mes

Vernon Allatt. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Ah yeah missed Woody's post saying it was B now! Before then no one named him either though :)

Tomorrow it's C......and I've got a beauty! What a player!

• Thanks 1

Not an obvious choice, but I'd like to mention Brian Butler.

Small in size, but a real midfield dynamo, with a bit of skill and class about him.

One of his best performances came against Grimsby Town when they were chasing promotion in the 1990s.

They were 2-0 up against us at half time at the Shay, very much on top, but Butler inspired a great Town fightback as we earned a 2-2 draw in an exciting second half.  April 7th, 1990.

• Hoddie changed the title to Favourite Players starting with C
21 hours ago, lonesomedove said:

keith brierley , only played a few games had a eye for goal then got injured  mid 70s 

used to catch the bus from wakefield at mirfield ,and on the bus was keith brierley on the back seat , me going to watch the game ,keith going to play in it, not much of that happening now

• Like 1

First name Chris Nichol 

surname Dave Chadwick 

for yesterday’s B .. injury stopped what was a promising career .. but deserves a mention mick Buxton 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, oldskir said:

Not an obvious choice, but I'd like to mention Brian Butler.

Small in size, but a real midfield dynamo, with a bit of skill and class about him.

One of his best performances came against Grimsby Town when they were chasing promotion in the 1990s.

They were 2-0 up against us at half time at the Shay, very much on top, but Butler inspired a great Town fightback as we earned a 2-2 draw in an exciting second half.  April 7th, 1990.

Good player, Brian Butler, but he also underhit a backpass for their second goal before he redeemed himself. I think we actually scored first.

• Hoddie changed the title to Favourite Players starting with ...