Favourite Players starting with ...

Lets all think of our most favourite player through the alphabet....

So every day the letter changers to the next one in the alphabet.....should take up a months worth of boredom, eh Tommy?

So I'm going straight in here with Big Bill Atkins.....an awesome striker who could certainly dish out the rough stuff when required and scored goals for fun.

Saw him play many times, saw him score many times and played in what looked like rugby boots...or am I just having a senior moment lol.

For our younger fans just google him...he was that good we signed him twice!!

It's up to you lot nowūüėČūüĎć

• Like 2
  • Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Longhurst his goal away at Burnley was brilliant and still remember when I was in Griff’s and was told he had passed away

There's not that many Halifax Town players whose surnames begin with A, and Bill Atkins was before my time, so my pick would have to be BILLY AYRE. Tough as old boots, as hard as they come, nobody mes

Vernon Allatt. 

Posted Images

There's not that many Halifax Town players whose surnames begin with A, and Bill Atkins was before my time, so my pick would have to be BILLY AYRE. Tough as old boots, as hard as they come, nobody messed with Billy, unless you were Keith Walwyn.

Edited by Shaymus
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

There's not that many Halifax Town players whose surnames begin with A

Fair point Shaymus, so let us include First Names too....

Edited by woody
Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

Chief Billy and Chief Wayne are good calls

We're on the letter 'A'¬†today¬† Mr¬†Bollox.............please read the remit LOLūüĎć

Just now, chadders said:

I'll have Bill Atkins for my B selection.;)

Exactly. And where would you put Lammie Robertson - under L or A for Archibald? Talking of which, in the latest issue of Backpass, there's an article about old Leicester stalwart Alan Woollett, who didn't hold back. He said of Lammie, who joined Leicester in September 1977 (in a season in which they were relegated) that he was 'so far short of our level that it was embarrassing'.

Just now, Shaymus said:

Exactly, but surely one for the Ws, as in William. And where would you put Lammie Robertson - under L or A for Archibald? Talking of which, in the latest issue of Backpass, there's an article about old Leicester stalwart Alan Woollett, who didn't hold back. He said of Lammie, who joined Leicester in September 1977 (in a season in which they were relegated) that he was 'so far short of our level that it was embarrassing'.

• Hoddie changed the title to Favourite Players starting with ...