Our strikers aren't scoring, and I can't see that Mansell brings anything to the team.

Nyel Bell can't even get on the bench at Stockport, it's obvious he's surplus to requirements there.

Mansell's one month loan is about to end, so I'd let him go back to Accy, and try to get Ball back in.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We could have Bell, Chadwick and Hyde in the team but if you defend like we did today we still wouldn't win. Wilde will be tearing his hair out.

Tough day again for all shaymen...but we go again Tuesday.... Football keeps us going in these strange times....one day...back down the day pal..

I cant help thinking people are getting far to carried away with their expectations yet again. Personally I think we've done very well so far and thats purely based on the horrendous injury list that

Stockport may have recalled Bell because our climb up the table might have started to threaten them.

But after today's performance, and with Summerfield out, who in their right mind would see us as a threat to Stockport's promotion ambitions?

Stockport must be a very wealthy club if they can afford to pay Bell's wage week in week out, and not ever include him in their squad. Gannon didn't rate him, now new manager Rusk doesn't seem interested in using Bell either.

Get him back to the Shay!

He probably could. But more importantly, he knows how to put the ball in the net, and can make a shooting opportunity out of nothing.

He's far superior to Mansell who is starting to look almost Omatayo bad.

And he's better than Campbell.

Bell did well for us before, and worked well with Hyde.

Nyel hasn't even made the bench once at Stockport since his return.

It's hardly rocket science, they clearly have no use for him, and his return to the Shay would give us a big boost. Get on the phone, Mr. Wild.

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Taking Clarke out of the team was the reason we started scoring goals, not bringing Bell in according to some. Let’s not waste our time.

Maher, Byrne & Bradbury are the best defenders to fit the system that Wild wants to play. Wild loves his wing backs.If Clarke does come back into the side. We will revert back to 4_4_2.

Nathan Clarke has been a fantastic footballer in his career. His best days are behind him sadly. 

6 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Maher, Byrne & Bradbury are the best defenders to fit the system that Wild wants to play. Wild loves his wing backs.If Clarke does come back into the side. We will revert back to 4_4_2.

Nathan Clarke has been a fantastic footballer in his career. His best days are behind him sadly. 

We didn't play 4 4 2 at the start of the season when everyone was saying how solid we looked and if only we had some strikers! Clarkes best days maybe behind him but my God we me miss him 

8 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Why back to 4-4-2? Clarke is better in a 3 as well. Still vital to this team.

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

We didn't play 4 4 2 at the start of the season when everyone was saying how solid we looked and if only we had some strikers! Clarkes best days maybe behind him but my God we me miss him 

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Why back to 4-4-2? Clarke is better in a 3 as well. Still vital to this team.

To play a back 3.You have to have players who can distribute a football well & quick. Clarke cannot do that. 

Just now, ashy1966 said:

To play a back 3.You have to have players who can distribute a football well & quick. Clarke cannot do that. 

The 2 either side of him can so that’ll 

Just now, ashy1966 said:

He is capable of playing a ball into a midfielders feet, you are down right stupid if you think he can not do that, I agree he isn't capable of carrying the ball out like Byrne and Bradbury do. His skills as an organiser and leader in the middle of that defensive line is often underestimated. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

To be a defender you have to keep the ball out of the net. Something our Beckenbaueresque defenders are struggling to do at the moment 

2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Out for 3 months and you don´t consider Green MOTM today by far.

I just mean in general Steve that’s our strongest side if everyone is fit.

I completely agree, Green MOTM today and improves every game and more than deserves to keep his shirt.

Just now, thompson95 said:

I just mean in general Steve that’s our strongest side if everyone is fit.

I completely agree, Green MOTM today and improves every game and more than deserves to keep his shirt.

Summerfield is going to be a massive miss for us and one PW, I doubt, will be able to replace.