Maidenhead match thread.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After the 2 previous away games where the team earned a credible 4 points and put in some good defensive work, this all went out of the windows as we handed 3 points to Maidenhead in what is probably

I know this Ash. But everyone’s bleeting on about Summerfield missing. Green is having the game of his life today. This lad gets better and better every game 

I see the idiots are out in force tonight. We have afar better team than last season and injuries have killed this team this year. Play offs minimum for this squad if we’d had luck with injuries.

Posted Images

Just now, Lewis said:

Big win for you lot today and the first thing you do is come on our forum. Great to see that we live in your head rent free x

Glad your well sausage roll.....you've not been on the forum for a while...

Big win today for poolies...up to 2nd...will it last though...or the season finish..

Defending appalling due to Mahers 2 bad mistakes and yes I believe we need a dominating CB but it´s not Clarke you are all complaining about the exact same things you were complaining about when Clarke & Brown were CB´s, Clarke has been a good player but alas I feel we may not see him again.

11 minutes ago, Ash said:

Aye alright then. 1 clean sheet since he got injured tells you everything you and your dad need to know.

How many games have we won. Clean sheet at Wrexham & Clarke wasn't missed. All of a sudden he is our saviour. 

2 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

How many games have we won. Clean sheet at Wrexham & Clarke wasn't missed. All of a sudden he is our saviour. 

You’ve picked one game out of about 10. He’s part of the reason we picked up points in our tough start. The reason we didn’t win those games is because we had no strikers!

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Truth is. Maidenhead are better than us. Would Summerfield of changed that result? No! Anyone looking forward to Hartlepool coming Tuesday? 

21 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Truth is. Maidenhead are better than us. Would Summerfield of changed that result? No! Anyone looking forward to Hartlepool coming Tuesday? 

Yes, Hartlepool are lol

• Haha 1

Take it on the chin and move on!! Three mistakes cost us and our lack of a striker again. I'll argue all day that had we had a striker out there then we created enough to have won. But we didnt, do bring on Hartlepool and we go again. Lets hope we havent picked up any further injuries?? And oh yeah, proud of King, 3 games without a booking, well done lad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can argue all day about Clarke and co.

In my opinion the board should give Pete Wild whatever he wants to go and reinforce this squad as a matter of urgency.

I stand by it, despite folk saying we might not stay up, that this is the best Town side in years and we are on the cusp of a promotion season with the talent in the squad.

Easier said than done I know but it is surely worth a bloody good go!

Send Mansell back, he adds nothing. Send Belehoun back if he’s just going to sit on the bench.

• Like 4

Well that was poor. Not going to pretend otherwise. 

It wasn't the first and it won't be the last so not going to get too upset. Hopefully they are now taking a boll***ing and the manager has a good mull over things tomorrow too. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Take it on the chin and move on!! Three mistakes cost us and our lack of a striker again. I'll argue all day that had we had a striker out there then we created enough to have won. But we didnt, do bring on Hartlepool and we go again. Lets hope we havent picked up any further injuries?? And oh yeah, proud of King, 3 games without a booking, well done lad.

Actually liked the ref today he let this flow better, other refs would have given 4/5 yellows today.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, thompson95 said:

In my opinion the board should give Pete Wild whatever he wants to go and reinforce this squad as a matter of urgency.

I stand by it, despite folk saying we might not stay up, that this is the best Town side in years and we are on the cusp of a promotion season with the talent in the squad.

Send Mansell back, he adds nothing. Send Belehoun back if he’s just going to sit on the bench.

In this time of financial uncertainty you advocate the board spending what ever the manager wants? 

9 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Glad your well sausage roll.....you've not been on the forum for a while...

Big win today for poolies...up to 2nd...will it last though...or the season finish..

Tbh guys, I'm just bored & generally do the rounds of the forums as a bit of sport, but only when we win lol

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, thompson95 said:

Agree apart from Belehouan he wont be costing us much, he will be development loan, He wont be given much money at this point in time.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote
1 minute ago, Steveonaroll said:

Tbh guys, I'm just bored & generally do the rounds of the forums as a bit of sport, but only when we win lol

We wish you all the best after Tuesday then.

On 1/20/2021 at 9:27 PM, Alright Andy said:

Wasn't a million years ago the monkey hangers lost a playoff final to get to the championship.  Now they scour non league forums to vent their anger at a mid winter postponement.  How the mighty have fallen. 

The big time beckons again, Europe beckons for the mighty Pools....

It's the inability to score goals with our forwards that's the main problem at the moment. Mansell and Campbell are not up to the task and did not look like scoring all game. Campbell looks the better of the two and may do better with Hyde along side him, Mansell needs to go back to Accrington, no where near good enough.

We won't get anything against Hartlepool, but Barnet is a must win.

1 minute ago, lonesomedove said:

The corners are always poor and everybody seems to bunch up , why dont we have players on the edge of the box to draw defenders out and make more space in the area .

Agree there, infact I think it´s a waste of time putting a player on the keeper as it just creates a foul against him as your not allowed to blow on them these days.