Maidenhead (W/D/L)

Will it be 1 for sorrow or 2 for joy as we try to clip the Magpies wings?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Can we take the points against the Magpies at a wet Shay?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Lose

6 hours ago, LeedsShaymen said:

Need to win these games if we’ve any desire to stay in the playoffs, simple as that 

I agree.  I put us down for a win when only about a dozen had participated.  At that point it was virtually 100% in favour of a win.  Not=w there seems to be more than a few doubters

40 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I think we have to be confident going into the game, with 2 wins and 2 draws in our last 4 league games, 3 of which were on the road, I dont see why we wouldnt be. I'm still reserving judgement on Campbell but against wrexham he definately showed signs that just like Hyde, if he can get that 1st goal  then he could well be the man PW has been searching for. I hope Williams is back in contention, I like Senior but I do have more faith in Williams at the moment. I dont like trying to predict scores all I want is the 3 points and a decent game.

Tommy I agree with the Senior comments, while he is developing well, he still has the odd moments where he seems to go missing, being out of position, especially where defensive duties are concerned. Good going forward, and if he can work on the crosses he will be a more than capable deputy for Williams.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Tommy I agree with the Senior comments, while he is developing well, he still has the odd moments where he seems to go missing, being out of position, especially where defensive duties are concerned. Good going forward, and if he can work on the crosses he will be a more than capable deputy for Williams.

I don´t think PW will risk Williams, probably on the bench.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I don´t think PW will risk Williams, probably on the bench.

I would agree with that Steve, and save him for the Mighty Hartlepool. Only bring him on if necessary.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I would agree with that Steve, and save him for the Mighty Hartlepool. Only bring him on if necessaryssary.

Heavy snow forecast for Tuesday Hartlepool game could be off again, that would give sausage face & Jeff something to moan about.

• Haha 1

First goal as ever will be important.

If Maidenhead score first they will park the bus and it won’t be pretty, with every time wasting tactic in the book plus rolling around feigning injury etc. I just don’t like this team of cheats and never like games against them.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

If Maidenhead score first they will park the bus and it won’t be pretty, with every time wasting tactic in the book plus rolling around feigning injury etc. I just don’t like this team of cheats and never like games against them.

When you think of the player Devonshire was it seems all wrong the way he has his side's playing.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

no doubt as when i;ve seen any of Devonshires teams play this seems to be the tactic, anti football and pushing gamesmanship as far as they can

This fixture last season was one of my favourite games for a long time - 5 - 2 if my memory bid right. Some great attacking football and an enjoyable 90 minutes!! Same again today please!!

2 hours ago, Granty said:

This fixture last season was one of my favourite games for a long time - 5 - 2 if my memory bid right. Some great attacking football and an enjoyable 90 minutes!! Same again today please!!

It was the game used for the 40th celebration of beating Man City in the Cup, so all in all a very good day out