Fall out from the 3 options

Slough town. Haven't and Waterlooville and Concord Rangers have stated they will not play their fixtures on Saturday.

This is getting very messy considering the league has stated they expect everyone to fulfill fixtures this weekend and next midweek or incur a fine or a points deduction. 

I expect more clubs will follow suit though. 

So far all clubs are from the league below. 

Maybe our league will carry on and the league below will become null and void. 

That's what I'm feeling will happen early on. Of course things change if someone from this league states they won't play. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some things are more important than football. Staying safe through a pandemic that has killed millions is one of them. No club should be forced to keep playing if they feel it is unsafe.

It's not that simple. The government also said that furlough would end back in June or whenever, yet it was extended until March the following year. Football as an industry employs 10,000s of peo

Why was it deemed necessary to keep football, in one form or another, going during the second world war - simple, opium of the masses. Cheap way to keep the common man entertained and to have som

25 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Slough town. Haven't and Waterlooville and Concord Rangers have stated they will not play their fixtures on Saturday.

This is getting very messy considering the league has stated they expect everyone to fulfill fixtures this weekend and next midweek or incur a fine or a points deduction. 

That's what I'm feeling will happen early on. Of course things change if someone from this league states they won't play. 

My guess would be Dover.

14 minutes ago, Flea said:

Some things are more important than football. Staying safe through a pandemic that has killed millions is one of them. No club should be forced to keep playing if they feel it is unsafe.

Whilst i agree about the feeling unsafe bit, clubs will choose to play/not play based on their own agendas. Guarntee you teams like Dover would not want the league stopping if they were top rather than bottom

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Flea said:

Talking of forcing people, I read an article this morning which covered a London company that were going to dismiss any employee who refused to take a Covid-19 vaccination !!

£££ Kerching for the lawyers.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greggs said:

If you read their websites, this isn't straightforward. Slough say they want more info immediately (can't find any reference to them not playing) and Havant appear to be Covid stricken. Only Concord have said they will stop straightaway, saying they want to know how Covid testing is to be paid for, and that they have no intention of going into debt.

4 minutes ago, kit said:

If you read their websites, this isn't straightforward. Slough say they want more info immediately (can't find any reference to them not playing) and Havant appear to be Covid stricken. Only Concord have said they will stop straightaway, saying they want to know how Covid testing is to be paid for, and that they have no intention of going into debt.

I was just saying what was said on Ollie Bayliss twitter page. If more information  is to be found deeper I didn't look into that 

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I was just saying what was said on Ollie Bayliss twitter page. If more information  is to be found deeper I didn't look into that 

Sorry, I wasn't attempting to criticise. Just wanted to add to your original info.

1 hour ago, Guido said:

Talking of forcing people, I read an article this morning which covered a London company that were going to dismiss any employee who refused to take a Covid-19 vaccination !!

Plimlico plumbers in London.

2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Its ok for clubs to massively overspend though? Not saying BPA do

I’m pretty sure BPA have overspent massively over recent years. The fans haven’t come back and they are realising that a crowd of 300 can’t justify what they have been spending. 

Thing is these clubs need to be aware if its option 3 they want that it will most likely he null and void for them. Restarting the season really won't be an option. The fa will simply not want other competitions going on whilst the Euro's are on however low down those leagues are  

17 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

To be fair, the guy who owns Pimlico Plumbers is offering to pay for the employees and contractors to have the vaccine privately. So they are wanting to change the existing contracts to reflect this. I bet DJ Funky wished his plumber had worked for them.

6 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

To be fair, the guy who owns Pimlico Plumbers is offering to pay for the employees and contractors to have the vaccine privately. So they are wanting to change the existing contracts to reflect this. I bet DJ Funky wished his plumber had worked for them.

The guy who owns them is a complete pillock.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Guido said:

Yep!! That wont happen.

5 minutes ago, greg45 said:

The guy who owns them is a complete pillock.

Dont think so mate, and his multi million pound business both here and in Spain says so. I've seen interviews with him many times and he's well tuned in.

I think you'll find that most owners of multi million pound businesses are pillocks . They wouldn't have a multi million pound business if they weren't . But I can't see any reason for anybody to not get the Covid vaccination regardless of if it is eventually proven to be ineffective . These are probably the same people that are too dumb to realise that they've got to abide by lock down rules even if they claim that they don't believe in lock down

36 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

I did read that he wasn`t going to "dismiss" anyone. He just wants all his employees to have the jabs - which he has said he would pay for -  for the safety of his employees and his customers. Can`t see anything wrong with that, and if I had to choose between a company with that attitude and one of the many who don`t care (and there appears to be no shortage of those) I know where my money would go. What he has said is he won`t give the ones who won`t have the jabs any work. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Personally, I`ve had a gutful of this virus, the lockdowns and all the crap that comes with it. I`ve boycotted my local chippy as despite the `only two inside, must wear a mask` and all the other precautions posted on the door welcomed a guy in contravening all their "rules" as a portion of fish and ships was more important than his staff`s and other customers well-being.  Won`t be back. Ever. Actions should have consequences.

• Like 4

He was interviewed on breakfast TV this week about it. Curiously he was in Dubai at the time. Obviously business as I’m sure he is in  it with the rest of us and wouldn’t risk travelling otherwise....

• Like 1