There will be an inspection at 1:30pm by a referee if the pitch is unplayable at this time the game will take place at Haig Avenue tonight 7pm kick off. 

If the pitch is deemed playable but then deemed unplayable when the match referee arrives the game will take place at Haig Avenue tomorrow night with a 7pm kick off. 

Either way this game isnt happening at the Shay. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's as good as they could have done to be fair. Kudos to the club for having a backup plan to get to Southport in time.

That might work out OK as we could rearrange the Bromley game if it gets called off on Saturday, or use it for the Hartlepool game, as they are out of the FA Trophy as well. Apparently they were knock

1/3 of the pitch doesn't get sun on it during winter meaning thawing it out can be near impossible without it warming up? Concrete block under a section of the pitch, again at the south stand end

That'll be 4 out of 4 for home games this calendar year though with I'd say a 75% chance Saturday will be off aswell making it 5 out of 5. 

I know we get this during winter but that's taking the biscuit even for us 

1 hour ago, kirkbymoorsidesteve said:

better  chance for saturday as the weather takes a turn for the better especially if we dont play on it tonight

heavy rain today and tomorrow and then down to freezing at the weekend according to BBC.

1 minute ago, shaykehands said:

Thanks for that uplifting forecast ;)

It's fine the season finishes a month later this year so we have plenty of time to fit every single one of Jan Feb and March's home games. Strangely though every single one of the away games will have gone ahead without a hitch. 

11 minutes ago, Greggs said:

It's fine the season finishes a month later this year so we have plenty of time to fit every single one of Jan Feb and March's home games. Strangely though every single one of the away games will have gone ahead without a hitch. 

Those pesky Pennines

This is all well and good but sounds like there's a heavy downpour due around 3pm...  You can almost guarantee this will pass the 1:30 inspection but then fail the inspection nearer to kick off.

I like that we have put plans in place but i think we should have just played this at Southport tbh. 

Just now, AJS said:

This is all well and good but sounds like there's a heavy downpour due around 3pm...  You can almost guarantee this will pass the 1:30 inspection but then fail the inspection nearer to kick off.

I like that we have put plans in place but i think we should have just played this at Southport tbh. 

Even if it passes the initial inspection playing on it when its already sodden will rip it apart. This game should just be played at Southport tonight. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Greggs said:

instead of being so negative every time show some positive thinking and tell us what would your economically viable solution be; particularly in the current climate. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, chadders said:

instead of being so negative every time show some positive thinking and tell us what would your economically viable solution be; particularly in the current climate. 

Negative is what I do. 

We are not just talking about the current season though are we? 

This is a seasonally problem. Should it just be accepted that we can't play at home in Winter every season? 

Other clubs do not seem to have the same issues. Even clubs in relatively close proximity to us. Rochdale got there pitch playable on Saturday. Bradford got there pitch playable (even though it got postponed for outside facfors) Huddersfield never seem to have issues. 

What is so special about us that means we can't play at home between January and March? 

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Negative is what I do. 

This is a seasonally problem. Should it just be accepted that we can't play at home in Winter every season? 

Other clubs do not seem to have the same issues. Even clubs in relatively close proximity to us. Rochdale got there pitch playable on Saturday. Bradford got there pitch playable (even though it got postponed for outside facfors) Huddersfield never seem to have issues. 

What is so special about us that means we can't play at home between January and March? 

Historic underinvestment in the playing facilities going back years

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Negative is what I do. 

1/3 of the pitch doesn't get sun on it during winter meaning thawing it out can be near impossible without it warming up?

Concrete block under a section of the pitch, again at the south stand end.

Clay under the pitch meaning it's difficult for water to drain away.

That's three reasons.

• Like 3