• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many on here actually watched last nights game.  The state of the pitch is a great leveller how do you think we beat Manchester City. Last night we actually played some decent football  consi

Disappointing result last night but I think there have been some over reactions. At times I thought we played some decent stuff, scored a good goal and could have had 3 or more with better finishing a

Loved this result, well done Southport, but it was to be expected when coming up against the minnows of halifax. The bottom line is, halifax were terrified of Southport even before a ball was kic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, billythegid said:

Been watching for 30 years. Seen a lot worse!!  just can’t be bothered to watch this rubbish.  Got my 9 year old watching with me and he loves watching them but even he said “dad why do we bother “

Like Yosemite Sam after mistaking a stick of dynamite for a cigar, you’ll be back next time as if nowt’s happened.

3 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Why have we developed this habit of not being able to put away lower league opposition in cup competitions? We couldn't beat Halesowen, we couldn't beat South Shields and now we've failed to beat Southport.

For a manager who made his name via a massive cup upset, you'd think Wild would know how to handle these sorts of games.

The players should have put this game to bed in the first half. Hardly the mangers fault if they can't hit a barn door. 

I’ll be honest, never been fussed about the FA trophy and not going to start now.

Appreciated a lovely day out at Wembley but chances are we wouldn’t even get that this year. So yeah, particularly in this season of all seasons, really not bothered about having less games to organise and play.

11 minutes ago, billythegid said:

Last game this season for me.  Had enough watching  this rubbish and having to listen to this clown commentating.  Simply not good enough. No consistency and pathetic excuses from the management.  

I'm going to have to disagree with part of that Billy, Kirky is not a bad commentator.

• Like 1

The only positive is it clears us of future commitments with the cup this season and trying to get games on in short notice to avoid being thrown out.

Its poor to consistently be getting dumped out by lower teams in the last 2 seasons however. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Pliny Harris said:

Like Yosemite Sam after mistaking a stick of dynamite for a cigar, you’ll be back next time as if nowt’s happened.

Have said it before and like said have seen a lot worse,  but just no enjoyment watching performances like that and this season just don’t have any interest anymore. 

Conditions not brilliant, but once again when it came to a game that needed steel and desire, they were a bunch of half arsed amateurs.

Southport took their chances we didn’t. No sign of the extra mile from anyone other than Summerfield. We lacked leadership today and agree Clarke needs to come back into the defence.

Lets hope Campbell is better because Mansell is no replacement for Bell or Chadwick. 

• Like 2
Just now, TommyH72 said:

Well by my reckoning, there were 461 watching that game, x £9.99 = £4,605.39 divided by 2 = £2,302.69. Was it worth it I ask??

No....but we needed it playing... If fans could have attended this game...there would have been less than 400...we never get good attendance for this cup...east stand only...

Disappointed but Kinda glad we’re out. For next three weeks we have a game every Tuesday/Saturday and the weather may/will put pay to some of those fixtures. We didn’t really need another game added in the fixtures. It maybe become a blessing in disguise. And when Hyde and this new lad become available the chances we had tonight will probably be put away.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, billythegid said:

Have said it before and like said have seen a lot worse,  but just no enjoyment watching performances like that and this season just don’t have any interest anymore. 

I’ll keep your cardboard cut out safe in the Skircoat bogs for now. 

Can see this being a meaningless game in the end to be honest as I reckon the season will be cancelled by the time the next round comes around unless the league and the DCMS negotiate a solution to the funding problem

• Like 1