1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

A player most thought was too good For this league has now signed for an undisclosed fee for  Huddersfield. A bonus that we won’t have to face him again this season. But in long term I imagine it will be a decent fee and means Borehamwood will stay a strong team for years to come.

Agreed he was a good player and tormented us during the play off game last season.

Not sure about BHW though, they flatter to deceive in my opinion. They have some decent results but they are not blowing anyone out the water, and last nights draw against the bottom of the table leaves question marks. Take Tsihmanga out of the game and there in not a lot of scoring threat there, Matt Rhead is just there to bully defences and is not what I would consider to be a prolific "striker"

2 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Agreed he was a good player and tormented us during the play off game last season.

Not sure about BHW though, they flatter to deceive in my opinion. They have some decent results but they are not blowing anyone out the water, and last nights draw against the bottom of the table leaves question marks. Take Tsihmanga out of the game and there in not a lot of scoring threat there, Matt Rhead is just there to bully defences and is not what I would consider to be a prolific "striker"

You're probably right, but they’ve always signed decent established conference players. A decent transfer fee and they maybe able to invest and bring in those few extra players needed to take them to the next level then a perennial playoff team. Also have a lot of time for their manager as well. Always gives excellent assessments on games 

2 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

You're probably right, but they’ve always signed decent established conference players. A decent transfer fee and they maybe able to invest and bring in those few extra players needed to take them to the next level then a perennial playoff team. Also have a lot of time for their manager as well. Always gives excellent assessments on games 

Having watched quite a few post match interviews from various managers most of them in the NL are quite sensible and level headed. I quite like Gary Johnson at Torquay, he has been round the block a few times and knows his onions...

39 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Having watched quite a few post match interviews from various managers most of them in the NL are quite sensible and level headed. I quite like Gary Johnson at Torquay, he has been round the block a few times and knows his onions...

Tim Flowers is another one that is always honest when it comes to his post match interviews, always gives us credit when we deserve it 

4 minutes ago, Lewis said:

Tim Flowers is another one that is always honest when it comes to his post match interviews, always gives us credit when we deserve it 

The managers are mainly complimentary about each others teams, it tends to be some of the Chairmen/Owners who gob off. At the end of the day they all have to work together, which is why the loan market works well, they have built up friendships with the other managers as they go around the league moving from job to job. Not sure if there are many but the lifespan of managers seems to be transient in the NL, much the same as in the EFL.