• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't like to see players that were once regarded as very good players become a shadow of themselves, but sadly that looks as though it has happened to Danns. Covid-19 seems as though its taken a he

You were lucky....I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner fo

Always a sad day when the mind says yes but the body says no. Mr Danns better  a has been than a never been.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Clearly a good player in the past but way past his best with us. Good decision. Frees up a wage and probably gives a chance to young Spence to feature

Think that was plan, I know he’s highly rated. Though think Spence is now out for the season with a knee injury. 

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Flea said:

I think we were probably a club too far for him. His departure is not a loss to us. A class act back in the day, but age and injury has just taken its toll on him. 

Plus Covid, quality players may lose pace but never lose their touch & vision, both seemed to have deserted him. Best all round, when he came on it was like going down to ten men. As said bring Spence back.

4 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Oldham bound.... Hope things work out for him.. I admit when first heard he had signed ..I thought what a signing...

Oldham clearly have not watched him play. I may not be an expert but we can't all be wrong surely. Suppose if he cons a three month contract out of Oldham he has seen out the winter.

18 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Oldham clearly have not watched him play. I may not be an expert but we can't all be wrong surely. Suppose if he cons a three month contract out of Oldham he has seen out the winter.

Coaching...

28 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I thought he played quite well against Eastleigh was it? And I didn't see the back pass for some reason, but I'm not sure he deserves all the hate.

Don't think he was hated just a lot of puzzlement at to his inclusion in the team when it was clear he was no longer up to it, not his fault, only PW will know why he kept selecting & playing him.

6 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Don't think he was hated just a lot of puzzlement at to his inclusion in the team when it was clear he was no longer up to it, not his fault, only PW will know why he kept selecting & playing him.

I personally think it was because we already had a surplus of midfielders when he arrived whilst we had little and still do have very little attacking cover. 

1 hour ago, Hoddie said:

I thought he played quite well against Eastleigh was it? And I didn't see the back pass for some reason, but I'm not sure he deserves all the hate.

Hardly hate from anyone is it?? Had a poor spell with us from his limited time he played and thats what he gets judged on. The back pass was embarrassing though, cant remember seeing a worse pass in my time watching Halifax 

9 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

The back pass was embarrassing though, cant remember seeing a worse pass in my time watching Halifax 

It's up there with Dunbavin at Carlisle for stand out wtf moments tbf. 

I've no axe to grind with Danns, its just on a footballing perspective on his performances for us. 

11 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Hardly hate from anyone is it?? Had a poor spell with us from his limited time he played and thats what he gets judged on. The back pass was embarrassing though, cant remember seeing a worse pass in my time watching Halifax 

Perfectly executed error, carried out with aplomb.

11 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Perfectly executed error, carried out with aplomb.

And a good measure of where we have come to from last season. They just dusted themselves down and went on and won the game, no crisis and no crumbling. Not one headless chicken in sight.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Flea said:

It's up there with Dunbavin at Carlisle for stand out wtf moments tbf. 

I've no axe to grind with Danns, its just on a footballing perspective on his performances for us. 

Yep, i remember being at Carlisle and watching on in disbelief at the referee letting the goal stand, then unfortunately getting thrown out and holding up the supporters coach 🙄