• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not move house to another area where your car does not freeze and then the game would be on?

What we all find highly amusing is that Stelling, club president of your club hartlepool united (small h and u intended),has had a public rant about the latest postponement of our fixture. If I was a

Maybe the new criteria for the ref for calling a game off is not to walk on the pitch and look at it, maybe he should just wander round a car park checking car windscreens? 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

FT Dover 1-1 BHW. Good result after BHW took an early lead, both teams could potentially overtake us with games in hand. 

Good result. There will be plenty of dropped points on those games in hand!

12 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Wondered what all the police activity was about, thought they had come for me as I was 3.5mls from doorstep on 7.5ml circular walk.

They say it's a sign of old age when you start walking round in circles. a bit like a dog chasing it's tail...your better off doing straight lines line Captain Tom

40 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

They say it's a sign of old age when you start walking round in circles. a bit like a dog chasing it's tail...your better off doing straight lines line Captain Tom

Can't do straight lines on a circular walk, a straight line would have left me somewhere in Bradford FFS, wouldn't wish that on anybody.

10 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Can't do straight lines on a circular walk, a straight line would have left me somewhere in Bradford FFS, wouldn't wish that on anybody.

I long for the warm summers days when we used to go off to the Dales to do circular walks which just happened to have a pub halfway round for a nice meal and a couple of pints....

• Like 2

From Os

"The pitch was totally playable at 3pm the Hartlepool manager was here and happy with the pitch . What we forget is the pitch was frozen rock solid from the 29th of December until late on the 11th . It was sheet ice and waterlogged on the 11th amazingly when I arrived at 7.45 am I could not believe the transformation from when I left Monday. But I new the temps were going to drop at around 4 pm . The south end never gets any sun in winter and is notoriously cold with less grass coverage . It was -2c when I left in the east car park so might of been -3c in the south end of the pitch . Sometimes covers can’t do any thing because of the weather which leading upto the game is adverse for a long time. 

But it would be nice to have some decent covers for all the pitch . 😎😎"

Edited by never_shay_die
15 hours ago, TJAshton said:

I honestly think this is a disgrace from our club and we get every bit of **** we get. 

The grass isn’t even frozen ffs and it’s not even minus temperatures. 

Can’t call the game on at 1pm then call it off later on when they arrive it hasn’t all of a sudden turned freezing!

Now I know a lot of you will say it’s the red who calls it off not us I just find it very very strange 

Os's comments kind of make this post look even more daft than it first did.  And that's saying something.

Sure pouring some hot water on it would have done the trick...

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

It would 

How much boiling water would be needed? Would you have 100 kettles on the go or 1000? Or 10,000? Would the water penetrate deep enough into the ice? How long would it take for that water to freeze in -3 temperatures? Not to mention adding to the water on an already saturated pitch.

You trolling or just being stupid?  It's difficult to tell.

Edited by never_shay_die
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

Apologies if I’ve missed any comments on this earlier but does anyone know if we are automatically refunded the cost of downloading the live stream or do I have to action it? My online bank details don’t mention any refund as yet? 

Some people have asked for a refund and received it swiftly.

2 hours ago, never_shay_die said:

How much boiling water would be needed? Would you have 100 kettles on the go or 1000? Or 10,000? Would the water penetrate deep enough into the ice? How long would it take for that water to freeze in -3 temperatures? Not to mention adding to the water on an already saturated pitch.

You trolling or just being stupid?  It's difficult to tell.

So personally what I would do is kindly ask the jetwash company just outside the ground across from B&M if we can borrow their jetwash that has hot water. 

Secondly I would get a humongous lead that will be able to reach the ground 

Thirdly I would then ask somebody to hose down the pitch with hot water (not too much so it’s waterlogged) 

Finally the pitch will then be deemed playable and then we call it off 20 mins later due to waterlogged pitch and grass been too hot

• Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Thirdly I would then ask somebody to hose down the pitch with hot water (not too much so it’s waterlogged) 

Google Mpemba effect. 

Putting hot water on an already frozen pitch will make it more frozen, not less. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 4
48 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

So personally what I would do is kindly ask the jetwash company just outside the ground across from B&M if we can borrow their jetwash that has hot water. 

Secondly I would get a humongous lead that will be able to reach the ground 

Finally the pitch will then be deemed playable and then we call it off 20 mins later due to waterlogged pitch and grass been too hot

So you're trolling then.  Glad we got to the bottom of that.

• Haha 1