• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not move house to another area where your car does not freeze and then the game would be on?

What we all find highly amusing is that Stelling, club president of your club hartlepool united (small h and u intended),has had a public rant about the latest postponement of our fixture. If I was a

Maybe the new criteria for the ref for calling a game off is not to walk on the pitch and look at it, maybe he should just wander round a car park checking car windscreens? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Have you seen the pitch covers. There's holes in them everywhere. We are a professional football club now better standards are needed in all aspects of the club. We struggle to play home games between January and March season after season 

Don't know how are finances are but better covers would be a good investment even if just for the South end.

Suspect the dropping temperatures over the duration of the match would have had a bearing on the refs decision & covers would not have prevented that scenario.

• Like 2

If it's the area in front of the South Stand which is the problem (as it often is) can we not just invest in covers for that smaller area? That would be much cheaper than a full pitch cover.  Wouldn't be hugely expensive from what I've seen.

I'm no expert, just asking questions. Wonder if Oz can answer.

Edited by never_shay_die
1 minute ago, Roy Race said:

Don't know how are finances are but better covers would be a good investment even if just for the South end.

Suspect the dropping temperatures over the duration of the match would have had a bearing on the refs decision & covers would not have prevented that scenario.

Am I missing something here but the ground does not belong to the Club, it should be the responsibility of the landlord to provide adequate pitch covers. Also, even if we were to do a fund raising exercise to contribute to new covers would our friends and fellow tenants do a similar fund raising effort jointly with the football Club?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, noelm1979 said:

In the absence of Hartlepool fans creating accounts, knew we could rely on the king of clueless to speak on their behalf.

At least we have a minority Hartlepool appear to have a majority.

How conditions at sea level can be compared to the middle of the Pennines beggars belief.

Just now, never_shay_die said:

If it's the area in front of the South Stand which is the problem (as it often is) can we not just invest in covers for that smaller area? That would be much cheaper than a full pitch cover. They don't seem hugely expensive from what I've seen.

I'm no expert, just asking questions. Wonder if Oz can answer.

that seems to be where the covers were but this is a perennial problem 

27 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

They really do have idiot support...well some of them..

There are some proper idiots pools fans as far I can see, Twitter is full of em....we dare not play em....worried we are gonna get a pasting (pretty much verbatim that one). They seem easily pleased to me, I’m not sure I’d be that upbeat if most of our wins had come against ten men. 

1 minute ago, obmij77 said:

There are some proper idiots pools fans as far I can see, Twitter is full of em....we dare not play em....worried we are gonna get a pasting (pretty much verbatim that one). They seem easily pleased to me, I’m not sure I’d be that upbeat if most of our wins had come against ten men. 

Or clearly offside goals.....

Just now, nw3casc1 said:

Jeff sterling needs to listen to the Hartlepool manager s view on why the game has been called off....frozen pitch and safety of the players...

What concerns me is that he thinks the club calls the game off...and he’s the ‘thinking mans’ hartlepool supporter. :wacko: