34 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

I bet a tiny fraction of the south stand goal box is frozen. If the ref deems it unsafe. What are they supposed to do. The whole pitch isn’t frozen. It will be the 18yrd box that’s of concern...

It’s always the same section of the pitch , so maybe we ought to try and assess that 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not move house to another area where your car does not freeze and then the game would be on?

What we all find highly amusing is that Stelling, club president of your club hartlepool united (small h and u intended),has had a public rant about the latest postponement of our fixture. If I was a

Maybe the new criteria for the ref for calling a game off is not to walk on the pitch and look at it, maybe he should just wander round a car park checking car windscreens? 

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I honestly think this is a disgrace from our club and we get every bit of **** we get. 

The grass isn’t even frozen ffs and it’s not even minus temperatures. 

Can’t call the game on at 1pm then call it off later on when they arrive it hasn’t all of a sudden turned freezing!

Now I know a lot of you will say it’s the red who calls it off not us I just find it very very strange 

What exactly are the club supposed to do when the ref comes along and declares the pitch not fit for play? 

27 minutes ago, rdj said:

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN WHY WE ARE NOT PLAYING AT 3PM.

WE WOULD NOT LOSE VIEWING NUMBERS AT 3PM BECAUSE MOST OF US ARE LOCKED DOWN !

Some of us who are working and key workers want to see the game

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

Thing this morning I went to the tip  although it felt warm in the sun all the time I was out ice warning  was on in the car. At 9 o'clock this morning the sun would have been shining on the area in front of the South stand once the sun goes round to the south and west it doesn't  hence the freezing. I suspect it has never really  thawed out from last week.

Playing on a even  part frozen pitch is dangerous. I was at Peterborough on the 14th December 1968. 7 minutes  gone and on an allegedly playable pitch our left Back Mick Buxton  slipped not a man near him a broken leg finished his career.  The pitch was passed fit at 2 o'clock  but an hour later it was not and the match was abandoned  at half time.

He was never right after that. Ryan Toulon stretchered off last night. The pitch is artificial so probably not a factor but seeing a player injured, ours or theirs is simply not worth it. Anyway, the ref called it off, it wasn’t our call to make.

6 minutes ago, Greggs said:

He also said as 2 professional football clubs the game should have started earlier as the forecast said temps were going to drop 

If the officials where on site & all team leaders in place, forkers all available possibly.

Well I’m willing to retract my statement from earlier slightly having seen Challinors comments.

However, town need to come out with a statement and explain why the pitch inspection was cancelled. It seems very dodgy.

Also lead to believe Hartlepools pitch covers can cover up to -5 degrees whereas our covers can’t even manage at 2 degrees.

We really need to invest in some proper covers. Surely we could even do a fundraiser if necessary. We have far too many games called off every season compared to the majority of other teams. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, AJS said:

Well I’m willing to retract my statement from earlier slightly having seen Challinors comments.

However, town need to come out with a statement and explain why the pitch inspection was cancelled. It seems very dodgy.

Also lead to believe Hartlepools pitch covers can cover up to -5 degrees whereas our covers can’t even manage at 2 degrees.

We really need to invest in some proper covers. Surely we could even do a fundraiser if necessary. We have far too many games called off every season compared to the majority of other teams. 

If the pitch was obviously playable at 1pm (and it sounds like it was) and there was no need for an inspection then I can see why it would have been called off.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Nothing some hot water wouldnt sort :doh:

I have to believe this was sarcasm. 

Otherwise it's gonna be one of those things that randomly pops into my head when I sit on a train and makes me laugh uncontrollably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

I honestly think this is a disgrace from our club and we get every bit of **** we get. 

The grass isn’t even frozen ffs and it’s not even minus temperatures. 

Can’t call the game on at 1pm then call it off later on when they arrive it hasn’t all of a sudden turned freezing!

Now I know a lot of you will say it’s the red who calls it off not us I just find it very very strange 

In the absence of Hartlepool fans creating accounts, knew we could rely on the king of clueless to speak on their behalf.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, AJS said:

Have you seen the pitch covers. There's holes in them everywhere. We are a professional football club now better standards are needed in all aspects of the club. We struggle to play home games between January and March season after season 

• Like 1