• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not move house to another area where your car does not freeze and then the game would be on?

What we all find highly amusing is that Stelling, club president of your club hartlepool united (small h and u intended),has had a public rant about the latest postponement of our fixture. If I was a

Maybe the new criteria for the ref for calling a game off is not to walk on the pitch and look at it, maybe he should just wander round a car park checking car windscreens? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, AJS said:

The previous time, no complaints as we called it off early to avoid Hartlepool travelling and their fans buying streaming etc

Sorry, but this is absolute farcical. Why didn’t they stick with the 1pm pitch inspection? Better to be safe than sorry.

And had the pitch been playable at 1pm we would have been in exactly the same position 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Maybe the new criteria for the ref for calling a game off is not to walk on the pitch and look at it, maybe he should just wander round a car park checking car windscreens? 

Open your ****ing eyes John it’s tinpot and farcical what we have done. 

In times like this for a club to have to spend money on the coach and petrol etc for it to be wasted shoukdnt happen. 3 degrees drop in temperate should not be the difference in a game being on or off. 

WE NEED TO INVEST IN SOME COVERS THEN AND NOT USE BED LINING FFS!!

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Where do you live Greenland? 

My car is fine, everyone’s car at work was fine and funnily enough everyone’s car on my street seems fine 

Like I said I live a few hundred yards from the Shay and I can see the floodlights from outside my house. I am looking out of my window at my frozen car. :doh:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

It's been mild today on a pitch that was deemed playable at 9am this morning. Its frozen in 2 hours since it came dark has it? 

I bet a tiny fraction of the south stand goal box is frozen. If the ref deems it unsafe. What are they supposed to do. The whole pitch isn’t frozen. It will be the 18yrd box that’s of concern...

• Like 1
Just now, townmad said:

Like I said I live a few hundred yards from the Shay and I can see the floodlights from outside my house. I am looking out of my window at my frozen car. :doh:

Put your boots on then and see if they’re lying and then come back and tell us your opinion of the pitch :)

2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Open your ****ing eyes John it’s tinpot and farcical what we have done. 

In times like this for a club to have to spend money on the coach and petrol etc for it to be wasted shoukdnt happen. 3 degrees drop in temperate should not be the difference in a game being on or off. 

WE NEED TO INVEST IN SOME COVERS THEN AND NOT USE BED LINING FFS!!

Maybe ask the club to start a fundraiser then for new covers.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

A sudden drop in temperature? It was 4 degrees when I was having lunch in my car at 1pm. Came home from work just now and it’s 1 degrees. I’m sure all that 3 degrees has made a huge difference. Very strange 

Did you have the car heater on?

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, shaymen down under said:

I bet a tiny fraction of the south stand goal box is frozen. If the ref deems it unsafe. What are they supposed to do. The whole pitch isn’t frozen. It will be the 18yrd box that’s of concern...

Agree, it doesn't have to be all the pitch that is unplayable, just a part of it and the game is off. 

What most of the people decrying the game being called off is that the primary reason will be for the players safety. If the pitch is already beginning to freeze up then it will only get worse not better. So apart from considering if the game, if started, could actually finish, then paramount in the duties of any referee is the players safety. I personally would err on the side of caution, as it is easy to rearrange a game of football than it is to rearrange the broken bones of a player who ends up having a serious injury exacerbated by the weather conditions, which you could foresee. 

7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

So the thing that really doesn’t seem right is there has not been a sudden drop in Temperature. 

The pitch was fine earlier at roughly 4 degrees and at 6oclock it’s dropped 3 degrees and apparently that’s sudden and has frozen the pitch. 

We need to invest in some better covers if that’s the fookin case 

Dear TJ

Cars nowadays have an alert system. When temperatures hit 4 degrees it means there is a chance of ice/ frost or a mixture of .

As the temperature drops that chance increases.

Football games last 90 minutes and a REFEREE needs to establish that the pitch will be FIT for the ENTIRE match.

There is no conspiracy here, it’s just bad luck. Games get postponed. Fans have to watch something else. Get over yourself and stop being such a numpty.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Time to have your tea now Tom!!!!! 

I will be doing. All though it might be cold by the time I get to eat as it’s that freezing. 

A couple of hours ago would’ve been fine by the sudden drop of temperature in my house will Make it cold :(