• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not move house to another area where your car does not freeze and then the game would be on?

What we all find highly amusing is that Stelling, club president of your club hartlepool united (small h and u intended),has had a public rant about the latest postponement of our fixture. If I was a

Maybe the new criteria for the ref for calling a game off is not to walk on the pitch and look at it, maybe he should just wander round a car park checking car windscreens? 

Posted Images

I honestly think this is a disgrace from our club and we get every bit of **** we get. 

The grass isn’t even frozen ffs and it’s not even minus temperatures. 

Can’t call the game on at 1pm then call it off later on when they arrive it hasn’t all of a sudden turned freezing!

Now I know a lot of you will say it’s the red who calls it off not us I just find it very very strange 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, TJAshton said:

I honestly think this is a disgrace from our club and we get every bit of **** we get. 

Can’t call the game on at 1pm then call it off later on when they arrive it hasn’t all of a sudden turned freezing!

Now I know a lot of you will say it’s the red who calls it off not us I just find it very very strange 

And why is it so strange..... please tell us more

• Like 1

Are you one of the forkers? Or did you just decide to pop into The Shay to have a wander on the pitch 

Just now, vinnyweknuts said:

I think Mr B should refund my Indian takeout money as I've just been to collect it to avoid the need to multi-task by cooking and watching the Shaymen, I will be also writing a letter to the lead singer of Echo and The Bunnymen.....

Dear Mr. Echo......

• Like 1
Just now, shaymen down under said:

And why is it so strange..... please tell us more

A sudden drop in temperature? It was 4 degrees when I was having lunch in my car at 1pm. Came home from work just now and it’s 1 degrees. I’m sure all that 3 degrees has made a huge difference. Very strange 

Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

Are you one of the forkers? Or did you just decide to pop into The Shay to have a wander on the pitch 

It's been mild today on a pitch that was deemed playable at 9am this morning. Its frozen in 2 hours since it came dark has it? 

How many times do people have to be told, the ref calls the shots on if the game is on or not, the club does not have a say. It was ok mid afternoon here a few hundred yards from the ground, my car is now frozen.:doh:

Just now, townmad said:

How many times do people have to be told, the ref calls the shots on if the game is on or not, the club does not have a say. It was ok mid afternoon here a few hundred yards from the ground, my car is now frozen.:doh:

Where do you live Greenland? 

My car is fine, everyone’s car at work was fine and funnily enough everyone’s car on my street seems fine 

A sudden drop in temperature? It was 4 degrees when I was having lunch in my car at 1pm. Came home from work just now and it’s 1 degrees. I’m sure all that 3 degrees has made a huge difference. Very strange 

Three Degrees!!! Fit as f--k back in the day😃

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

So the thing that really doesn’t seem right is there has not been a sudden drop in Temperature. 

The pitch was fine earlier at roughly 4 degrees and at 6oclock it’s dropped 3 degrees and apparently that’s sudden and has frozen the pitch. 

We need to invest in some better covers if that’s the fookin case 

4 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I think Mr B should refund my Indian takeout money as I've just been to collect it to avoid the need to multi-task by cooking and watching the Shaymen, I will be also writing a letter to the lead singer of Echo and The Bunnymen.....

DEAR, MR... ECHO!!! 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

The weather has been weird today, 7am no frost/ice on car on driveway (in shade), 10am widespread frost and ice on car in same position, 3pm no frost/ice on car, 7pm widesread frost and ice on car, i would imagine these areas are the normal shaded areas, I think it would be an investment to buy at least partial covers for these known areas, or alternatively lay down our suspended/injured players on top of vulnerable areas- should cover half the pitch

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Fish and Chips with Dandelion Burdock in my case

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The previous time, no complaints as we called it off early to avoid Hartlepool travelling and their fans buying streaming etc

Sorry, but this is absolute farcical. Why didn’t they stick with the 1pm pitch inspection? Better to be safe than sorry.

Just now, AJS said:

The previous time, no complaints as we called it off early to avoid Hartlepool travelling and their fans buying streaming etc

Sorry, but this is absolute farcical. Why didn’t they stick with the 1pm pitch inspection? Better to be safe than sorry.

Because there’s been a DRAMATIC DROP in temperature. A whopping 3 degrees and has frozen the pitch and it’s like an ice rink. 

It’s not weird though and of course the ref decides. 

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

It's been mild today on a pitch that was deemed playable at 9am this morning. Its frozen in 2 hours since it came dark has it? 

Which member of our club called the game off then?

Who from Halifax thought "Oh, I know, I'll make sure we have paid for the gas, the electric, the refs to come up, the food, the first aid, all the other match day running costs, then I will personally call the game off"

Lets be clear, no one from Halifax wanted this game off. It costs us money. It costs us time. Now our staff are going to be inboxed with abuse and probably spend most of the next 24 hours trying to issue refunds. 

The ref has made the call. It is up to him. No one else. Get over it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1