41 years ago. Man City humbled.

5th January 1980.

I know it’s been mentioned in umpteen threads before but surely we can’t let this day pass without mentioning our 3rd round FA Cup win over Man City. What a day. Great goal from Paul Hendrie (or Hendrix as auto-correct keeps telling me).  I’m always surprised that we don’t get mentioned amongst the giant killers when it comes to 3rd round day. Let’s see if amongst the games played this weekend we get a name check.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, thetalktrainer said:

Sweet Sweet memories. Our Greatest Cup moment in my lifetime.

George Kirby was right....don’t think we ever got the credit his players deserved.

The club rightly honoured the players who made it happen just last year. It should get more national recognition, true. It was covered in magazines Backpass and When Saturday Comes last year. All the players really enjoyed getting back together again and vowed to sponsor a game this season - not likely now. But I'm sure some of them will be back.

2020-01-18 (61).jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last years "do" at The Shay for the 40th anniversary was very well done tbf. 

In fact, I saw a question asked by the FCHT media team on Facebook asking for their highlight of 2020. I thought the year, because of Covid, was pretty crap on a footballing front and one to forget, however this event last year probably is the correct answer to what the highlight was. 

Feels like ages ago since we were last in the ground. 

22 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

The club rightly honoured the players who made it happen just last year. It should get more national recognition, true. It was covered in magazines Backpass and When Saturday Comes last year. All the players really enjoyed getting back together again and vowed to sponsor a game this season - not likely now. But I'm sure some of them will be back.

2020-01-18 (61).jpg

I walked up from the train station with a load of City fans who were all thinking they only had to turn up!!

Brilliant day and great memories....when we scored I was jumping about like a lunatic and started hugging this old guy who I didn't know......had to release him though when his false teeth fell out....

I'm struggling a bit to name a couple of the players in the photo....who's the fat little guy on the left?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, woody said:

I walked up from the train station with a load of City fans who were all thinking they only had to turn up!!

Brilliant day and great memories....when we scored I was jumping about like a lunatic and started hugging this old guy who I didn't know......had to release him though when his false teeth fell out....

I'm struggling a bit to name a couple of the players in the photo....who's the fat little guy on the left?????

John Smith ?? maybe Shaymus could name them all for everyone's benefit ?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Flea said:

Last years "do" at The Shay for the 40th anniversary was very well done tbf. 

In fact, I saw a question asked by the FCHT media team on Facebook asking for their highlight of 2020. I thought the year, because of Covid, was pretty crap on a footballing front and one to forget, however this event last year probably is the correct answer to what the highlight was. 

Feels like ages ago since we were last in the ground. 

It was a good day out, which was completed with a thrashing of Maidenhead 5-2. One of my sons bought me a package for the day for Xmas, and it was this event that rekindled my passion for the club I supported in person up until I joined the Army and moved away. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Shaymus said:

2020-01-18 (61).jpg

Some of them were discussing making it an annual get together at a Town home game 

• Like 3