• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How can we say these players haven't set the world alight. Gevaro and Bell have both scored decent goals that have significantly contributed to where we are now. What more could they have done? A

Not good news. He won us a couple of matches with some stupendous goals. I assume we've got a replacement in mind, but we can do much worse than having players like Nyall Bell at this level. 

Maybe Green can do a decent job upfront as well.

Not good news especially considering we’ve just let Gevaro go too. Only Chadwick and a half fit Allen left up front now. Lockdown might be ideal for us as daft as it sounds

I don’t think lockdown will effect elite sport.

A blow but apart from smashing 3 in from outside the box, he hasn’t exactly set the world alight with his in game play. Hopefully with his wages and gevaros we can get someone in before Saturday.

I saw somewhere that Wild and Bosomworth were meeting up to discuss who they needed to keep or replace, then it was said that Gevaro was leaving. So presumably this meeting has happened and hopefully Wild knew the situation on loanees beforehand and the loss of Bell was factored in.

Whichever we look at it we need a season long replacement for Stenson, who can score goals and fits within the budget. Where they will find someone to meet those requirements is anyone's guess. Hyde should be back in contention in the next 3 weeks, so if we can limp along with Allen (no pun intended) and Billy Chadwick we might be able to get to the end of the month without too much damage to our aspirations.

Just now, Hands Off The Shay said:

Maybe Green can do a decent job upfront as well.

Suggested something similar 

green and Chadwick as a front Teo would create a lot of running 

neither would be good at hold up play ., but running at the defense with the ball could cause havoc 

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Suggested something similar 

green and Chadwick as a front Teo would create a lot of running 

neither would be good at hold up play ., but running at the defense with the ball could cause havoc 

They would also do a lot of pressing, which has been a good feature of our recent play against both Eastleigh and Altrincham.

21 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I think that makes 13 fit first teamers including Byrne who is banned for Sat.

Did we find out why Byrne is suspended??? He definately only has 4 Yellows since he's been playing for us!!

25 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I think that makes 13 fit first teamers including Byrne who is banned for Sat.

I make it that we have 21 players left on the books, with 6 out of service for one reason or another??

54 minutes ago, Ash said:

I don’t think lockdown will effect elite sport.

A blow but apart from smashing 3 in from outside the box, he hasn’t exactly set the world alight with his in game play. Hopefully with his wages and gevaros we can get someone in before Saturday.

How can we say these players haven't set the world alight. Gevaro and Bell have both scored decent goals that have significantly contributed to where we are now. What more could they have done?

Are we expecting players to be Vardyesque? 

There seems to be a culture on here when someone leaves of 'good riddance', but surely we have to start giving some semblance if credit when it's due. 

Players who can score at this level are harder to pick up than you think. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I make it that we have 21 players left on the books, with 6 out of service for one reason or another??

Sam, Sub Keeper can´t play same time as sam,King, Williams, Senior, Byrne (banned), Maher, Bradbury, Summerfield, Earing, Green, Woods, Chadwick,Injured Lazarus,Clarke, Jay, Hyde, Stenson, Spence out on loan, Tear never getting a chance, Danns I wouldn´t even bother counting.

Who have I missed?

13 minutes ago, wornomad123 said:

Think he will have to bring Spence back from Scarboro ....

One place we are not short is midfield 

If there paying some of his wages let them carry on for now

Edited by Greggs
20 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Sam, Sub Keeper can´t play same time as sam,King, Williams, Senior, Byrne (banned), Maher, Bradbury, Summerfield, Earing, Green, Woods, Chadwick,Injured Lazarus,Clarke, Jay, Hyde, Stenson, Spence out on loan, Tear never getting a chance, Danns I wouldn´t even bother counting.

Who have I missed?

This is my current list of players although I havent included Spence as he's not with us.

FC Halifax Town.pdf

5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I missed Allen injured. I´ve not included youth players.

Of that current list :- Hyde - Stenson - Clarke - Lazarus - Benn & Allen are our injuries, so apart from Byrne if he is banned all the other players are up for selection, and possibly Allen if hes now fit. I do also take your point about Davidson Hale. I wonder how far Clarke is from being back in contention!!

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Of that current list :- Hyde - Stenson - Clarke - Lazarus - Benn & Allen are our injuries, so apart from Byrne if he is banned all the other players are up for selection, and possibly Allen if hes now fit. I do also take your point about Davidson Hale. I wonder how far Clarke is from being back in contention!!

End of month according to last courier article

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Clarke still a moth away I believe and Allen´s knee not fully recovered.