A massive sigh of relief was exhaled as this match actually went ahead in a particularly sodden and snowy winter. 

It was a great day. Too easy to match the spectacle of the Lancaster game in April 2010, but you never get tired of seeing those sorts of crowds down the Shay. 

I got talking to Jamie Vardy's mates who had been on it all night before the game in Sheffield.

They rolled up on a minibus with Vardy, then went on the piss around town before the game.

I asked if Vardy had been on it all night, one of them turned round and said "Reg will be fine, he went to bed at 5".

2 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

Very underrated player in the first couple of aspin seasons was “Scooby” Richard Marshall. Must have popped up with 50 odd goals in his first few seasons with us. Considering we had the likes of dean ,greggs, vardy and Holland, he contributed regularly.

Loved Scooby, he ran and ran and ran, plus scored so many great goals - like the one against Garforth in that amazing comeback.

Another player to not forget would be Nicky Gray. He too notched 20+ I believe in our early reformation seasons. Consistent and reliable week in week out. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Flea said:

Loved Scooby, he ran and ran and ran, plus scored so many great goals - like the one against Garforth in that amazing comeback.

Another player to not forget would be Nicky Gray. He too notched 20+ I believe in our early reformation seasons. Consistent and reliable week in week out. 

Remember he played against us  for BPA around 2013. James Knowles was playing for us and I sat next to his dad. He yelled out “Don’t let him shoot” but Town didn’t listen as Scooby found the top corner. Very underrated player.

4 hours ago, shaymen down under said:

Very underrated player in the first couple of aspin seasons was “Scooby” Richard Marshall. Must have popped up with 50 odd goals in his first few seasons with us. Considering we had the likes of dean ,greggs, vardy and Holland, he contributed regularly.

I recorded him getting 35 goals in 85 matches but yeah agree about how important he was to our team.