Todays game Town v Barnet

I'd have a midfield 3 of 

Maher, Summerfield

Danns or Earing 

4-2-3-1 Summerfield and the fullbacks go forward whilst Maher tucks back to make a back 3 incase of a counter attack and to appease the back 3 Wild seem obsessed with but we'll have width with wingers and fullbacks too. Hyde can sniff around and we'll have a number 10 playing higher up and hopefully dictating. 

Man it all sounds so simple and easy!  

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Barnet very poor, however besides Torquay I haven’t been impressed by anyone really. Bell & Hyde looks to be the way forward, both compliment each other. Massively important Jeff King so

HAHAHAHA I’ve absolutely had Lewis Saleem happy birthday to my mate Drew Peacock!!!! He’s gone for it!!! I am howlinG

Think Jack Earing MOTM

Think surprising amount of agreement on the board .. it’s all about the formation .. the starting 11 is not the finishing 11 so not worried who starts as long as it has only two centre backs 

42 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Barnet have just signed Effiong from Stevenage. I remember when wild was asked which players he’d like to sign he was the first player he mentioned who he wanted. 

He will be shitting himself tonight now 

Why Clarke has handled him in the past

2 hours ago, fchtnico1 said:

Really don't know why people are seeing clarke as a problem yes he is at the latter end of his career but this season has he actually made any mistakes unlike both Byrne & bradbury? The defence overall hasn't been a problem. 

Personally I have no problem with wilds preferred tactics but it has to be done with the right players which recently hadn't been happening. 

Clarke has been one of our best three players so far this season, the others being Earing and Summerfield imo. Maher probably fourth and Green fifth, but in a struggling team that's nothing to shout about. I think Senior has promise but usually fails to deliver the final ball, Danns looks dependable but isn't a solution to our problems.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Think he’s played against him once. Wild will be shitting himself 

In the last 2 seasons Effiong has played against us 4 times, 3 starts and once as a sub and has not scored yet. Clarke has started all 4 games. Dover have only won 1 of the last 4 games.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Hoddie said:

Clarke has been one of our best three players so far this season, the others being Earing and Summerfield imo. Maher probably fourth and Green fifth, but in a struggling team that's nothing to shout about. I think Senior has promise but usually fails to deliver the final ball, Danns looks dependable but isn't a solution to our problems.

Clarke has made some very good blocks. A couple down by the South stand early on in games spring to mind, especially Yeovil early on. I don't know why he's getting some of the flak. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Clarke has made some very good blocks. A couple down by the South stand early on in games spring to mind, especially Yeovil early on. I don't know why he's getting some of the flak. 

His only weak point at the moment is his distribution of the ball. Leave it to those who practise it and have shown they can do it.

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

His only weak point at the moment is his distribution of the ball. Leave it to those who practise it and have shown they can do it.

It seems you can only do one thing as a defender, either defend well, or distribute well, never both!

31 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

In the last 2 seasons Effiong has played against us 4 times, 3 starts and once as a sub and has not scored yet. Clarke has started all 4 games. Dover have only won 1 of the last 4 games.

Ah fair enough. Hope he doesn’t tonight 

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Barnet have just signed Effiong from Stevenage. I remember when wild was asked which players he’d like to sign he was the first player he mentioned who he wanted. 

He will be shitting himself tonight now 

Got a gut feeling that he's the striker we wanted that didn't want to come up north

2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Why Clarke has handled him in the past

2 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Think he’s played against him once. Wild will be shitting himself 

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

Ah fair enough. Hope he doesn’t tonight 

Nice and consistent TJ. Has Clarke replaced TSS as your boo boy. You have more faces than a Town Hall Clock

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Nice and consistent TJ. Has Clarke replaced TSS as your boo boy. You have more faces than a Town Hall Clock

Cheers. Only ever remember him play against us once and he was crap. 

TSS garbage and I said last season I don’t like Clarke at the back. 

You’re just the Towns COCK!