Sutton United (away) WLD

WLD?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Result?

• Win
    • Draw
    • Loss

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2020 at 01:00 PM

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought we played much better when we switched to 4 at the back. We actually got players forward in numbers, and showed proper attacking intent. And it almost looked entertaining! Bell mad

Near Manchester

things just got interesting in my house..the cats just had a shite in cat litter so I'm moving my chair to watch that

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Shaymen2008 said:

I have gone for a defeat as I don't think PW will change the starting eleven from last week. I hope the two new signings start and if they do we could surprise Sutton (and ourselves) and get a positive result.

To me it’s not the starting eleven that’s the problem ..it’s the starting tactics .. and unfortunately the finishing tactics .. we need to be able to adjust the tactics through the game 

until this happens I have gone again for another loss 

• Like 2

I have, reluctantly, gone for a draw. I feel we can hold their attack to one goal and as they are leaky at the back based on the last 2 games, we should have enough to at least get one goal. So it looks like another 1-1 result. Not ideal but better than losing.

21 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Gone for a win. Playing on 4g will see us collect the 3points. We train on Astro. We play like a 5aside team. I’m lumping on us this weekend

Ah-ha!

That`s why we lose when we`re playing on grass!

Got that excuse in before Wild does.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder how long PW would persist with this system if it is continually proving to be unsuccessful. And in football, results determine success. He hasn't shown the faintest inkling of a suggestion that he is open to trying another way and seems to be determined to live or die with wing-backs and playing some apparently out of position. I hope it comes good because I want him to do well for Town's sake.

2 hours ago, Hoddie said:

I'm seriously beginning to wonder how long PW would persist with this system if it is continually proving to be unsuccessful. And in football, results determine success. He hasn't shown the faintest inkling of a suggestion that he is open to trying another way and seems to be determined to live or die with wing-backs and playing some apparently out of position. I hope it comes good because I want him to do well for Town's sake.

Hoddie, therein lies the problem, to succeed with wingbacks you have to have players who are wingbacks. At present we only have 2 and one of those will still be suspended for the game against Sutton. As can be seen from the statistics for last season in games where we have both Williams and Jeff King playing in the wingback role we tend to win more games than we lose. This season it started off well, we beat Dagenham, drew with Yeovil, Woking and BHW and narrowly lost to Stockport. Up to that point nobody was really complaining. Once the FA Cup clanger had been dropped, whether the virus impacted on the performances we will never know, along with the frustrating loss to Wealdstone, which I think most people would agree we would have won with 11 players on the pitch, we have not been able to field the best pairing we have both for attack and defence purposes.

So, while PW does not have the luxury of his first 11 to choose from, he has to try something different, as we have already seen that the other players in the squad are not capable of providing the same standard of wingback play as Williams/King. Hopefully, for the game against Barnet normal service can be resumed, and we have someone to partner Hyde upfront.

• Like 2

For the first time in around a year I’ve put Halifax to win on one of my bets tomorrow. 

Im that confident we will win! Surely can’t go another game without 3 points. Sutton looked dog **** against Wrexham and could of had 7-8 

Id play Bell and Hyde upfront together. Get Allen on around the 70th minute for fresh legs and burnout their defence! 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Not remotely confident. What's going to be different between last week and this? There's a reason we are not winning and I cant see that changing until the manager mixes it up. 

I just think tomorrow we will win. I’m very confident! Sutton looked dreadful the other night and hopefully they play Sho Silva as he’s shite as well! 

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I just think tomorrow we will win. I’m very confident! Sutton looked dreadful the other night and hopefully they play Sho Silva as he’s shite as well! 

TJ posted this yesterday on another topic.

TSS has scored only 1 goal so far this season (as a sub against Kings Lynn), with a ratio of 0 for the 5 games started so far, when playing for the Shaymen last season he achieved a strike rate of one goal every 4.33 games. He has started 5 games and been on the bench for the other 4.

So you could say his best days were playing for us.