New Tier Restrictions - Bad news for team and us fans

We were never going to be in anything other than tier 3.

I have said all along that I felt this season shouldn’t get played and think that even more now. Some teams will get an advantage by having fans through the gate which will provide both financial and motivational support. Other clubs will get nothing.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

How do teams coming to The Shay comply with having to arrive and leave without over night stays or any hospitality

Chain hotels are still open and you can stay in them for work related purposes.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, monk said:

No away fans at the Shay and no Town fans allowed at away games , not allowed to travel from tier 3 to tier 2 or 1 and vice versa.

As glad as I am to see fans return it will be an advantage for those clubs .

Does this mean I can go as a home fan? I live 10 mins away

21 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Gets reviewed every 2 weeks so we just have to hope eventually we get tier 2. I've resigned myself to not being able to go till the new season starts. That's a sad and sobering thought. 

Reckon we'll be in tier 2 on 16th Dec.If no hospitality allowed before new year there'll be riots.

The danger for Town is many fans are now used to staying away from the Shay and following matches on social media.With performances and results being poor some won’t rush to part with £20. Maybe it’s better financially as we are, rather than have sub 1,000 crowds.

This isn't right at all. ALL clubs should be treated the same when it comes to fans returning. Now you've got a situation where clubs get an unfair advantage with big crowds cheering them on (2000 home crowd in the non league versus zero fans is a massive difference). Not right. Why can't they do one thing right without getting it tits up?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ShayW said:

Does this mean I can go as a home fan? I live 10 mins away

I don't see why not if you live near a National league club not in tier 3.

I suppose anyone who has moved away from West Yorkshire can travel to a game in their area without breaking the rules .

If it's pay on the day and not season ticket holders only then get yourself there, I would do the same .

Presumably if we are not allowed to travel to away games then these will continue to be streamed? If we are in tier 3 and have to stream home games for our fans as well as offer this to away fans, then it should be reciprocated that clubs in Tier 2 continue to stream their games even if supporters are allowed in.

I would also hope that clubs who do have fans back in will be deducted some of the new money on offer.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Redcard said:

The danger for Town is many fans are now used to staying away from the Shay and following matches on social media.With performances and results being poor some won’t rush to part with £20. Maybe it’s better financially as we are, rather than have sub 1,000 crowds.

this is a very valid point, yes there are diehards who would come even if we were worse than Barnstonworth Utd but it is a habit and as people get used to other activities rather than the attraction of a cold wet night at The Shay watching the glamour tie of Borehamwood they could tend to drift away

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Presumably if we are not allowed to travel to away games then these will continue to be streamed? If we are in tier 3 and have to stream home games for our fans as well as offer this to away fans, then it should be reciprocated that clubs in Tier 2 continue to stream their games even if supporters are allowed in.

I would also hope that clubs who do have fans back in will be deducted some of the new money on offer.

3 hours ago, Withowram said:

Bad news for us fans as we cannot watch down the Shay or travel away (legally)

Bad news for the team as next few away games will have home fans driving them on at Aldershot, Weymouth and Kings Lynn

Any thoughts....

my essential  shops are  Aldi Aldershot, Wickes at Weymouth and the KFC at KL!

• Like 2