Today’s Game Town v Torquay

Overall not to optimistic here 

think the tactics are letting us down . We definitely have some decent players and I think the squad is better than last year .. but think the expectations is hurting the performance while last nobody expected much when we started the season 

so I expect us to hold our own today but struggle to see where the goals will come from so it’s a 0-0 0-1 1-1 type of game 

want I win but the best I hope for is a draw 

1-1 with Hyde scoring and 950 watching 

• Like 1
  • Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did say last season that I couldn`t understand the Wild love-in. Was clueless then (but inexperienced), and clueless now and will remain so until he learns to adapt. I know he`s loved by many as he

If the defence is to be continually under pressure they will crack eventually, the problem is further forward, midfieldn lose the ball too cheaply No coincidence there is no cohesion or link up play w

Disappointed Earing not starting

Should be a close game. Apart from the 2 odd results against Hartlepool and Aldershot, where Torquay scored 9 goals, they have not scored more than 2 in a game. Of the rest they have not battered teams like Dover or Chesterfield, both in the bottom 3, and the only other notable win was 1-0 over Stockport at the start of the season, with a last minute goal against the run of play.

The points dropped by them have been a loss at Eastleigh, with a draw last week against BHW. So they can be contained and against teams who are towards the top end of the table they have struggled.

They only play with 1 forward, a back 3 and then pack the midfield with the rest, much the same as we do. So it should be a cagey game, where we cannot switch off as we did against Notts County, as they do have players capable of scoring.

On the face of it they are the opposite of us, they have had the luck so far and have shot out of the traps, probably based on the confidence gained from beating Stockport in the first game of the season. However, as we have seen seasons before this tends to catch up with teams, ourselves being a prime example last season, and hopefully based on them having not won for 2 games in a row this might be the beginning of their fall down the table.

Edited by ITMAN

Not overly optimistic with this one. Like most I can't see where our goals are going to come from. I hope we can keep them out so a goalless draw is my prediction, 11/1 with Skybet. I really hope they don't do a Hartlepool on us as they have a good record against us (except FA Trophy).

Edited by Shaymen2008
Added info.

Evidence this season tells us we're going to struggle today, but this is football and anything can happen. 

Problem is we seem to sit back if we go ahead, invite pressure we can't deal with, and if we do go behind we don't know how to put the same kind of pressure on the opponents. Having said that, the last 10 minutes of the last game showed we have the ability. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Not overly optimistic with this one. Like most I can't see where our goals are going to come from. I hope we can keep them out so a goalless draw is my prediction. I really hope they don't do a Hartlepool on us as they have a good record against us (except FA Trophy).

Good point, they have remarked about their last trip to the Shay being a good win. However, at this stage of the season this is one of those games which will give a clear indication of whether we have the capability to be in the mix come the end of the season or not. If we can hold the top scoring team to 1 goal or less and put away some of the chances we are creating, then it will give everyone some way of measuring how good or bad we are.

The thing I cling to is the fact that we arent getting battered by any teams, only Stockport & embarrassingly South Shields have scored 2 goals against us. So on that point alone we just need to turn near & missed chances into goals. I think Dann will start today to try and create openings for Hyde, I cant see any other reason why he's been brought in to be honest. So I'm quietly confident for today. We are capable of stopping Torquay scoring so for me its about us scoring.

2 hours ago, chadders said:

Fancy our chances today get at them early on and hopefully the boost of that late goal on Tuesday will give us a bit more confidence in the final third.

Hope you’ve got your hip flask today it’s going to be a cold one for you 

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

The thing I cling to is the fact that we arent getting battered by any teams, only Stockport & embarrassingly South Shields have scored 2 goals against us. So on that point alone we just need to turn near & missed chances into goals. I think Dann will start today to try and create openings for Hyde, I cant see any other reason why he's been brought in to be honest. So I'm quietly confident for today. We are capable of stopping Torquay scoring so for me its about us scoring.

And there lies the problem. It's been about us scoring in every game because we have been in every game but we haven't produced the goods. 

7 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

More people on the pitch Tuesday half time than normally in the stands.

Yes, the pitch folking members have dramatically increased this season, i mentioneed this after the opening game which Chadders put down the heavy rain. Not sure the reasons since?