Notts County match thread

6 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

It will be interesting now to see if Neil Danns is the same type of quality that Collins brought to us. Hyde is running his legs of making the runs but not receiving the pass etc, if Danns is what I hope he's going to be then he might be the lad to unlock the defences and pick those passes. Collins was excellent at it, but his train of thought was just way to quick for those around him at that time, I think Redshaw suffered from the same problem. Watching Hyde, he definately gets frustrated having made a great run in behind only to not receive the quality pass. Fingers crossed the??

Even if he is, he won’t be here long. PW says he has already had offers from league clubs but can’t sign because of the transfer window. Sounds like he’ll be off in January.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This side needs a couple of wins. Confidence will flow back and all this talk about poor passing and choosing the wrong ball etc will disappear. There are some good players in this team, much bet

I kind of enjoyed last nights game!!!! Strange really, but I thought they were 2 very evenly matched teams. I dont want to do the analysis of the game or I'd burst into tears, we know we need a goal s

I was just about to go into the lounge to kick the dog. Now she`s going to get a massive cuddle. Well done Jamie Allen

Posted Images

Here's an another statistic for the glass half empty brigade. Of the Notts County squad on duty last night at the Shay, 11 of them were in the squad selected for the Play Off Final last season. Of the Halifax squad lined up last night only 4 players remained from last seasons 16 for the corresponding fixture.

On that basis, how will we perform when we have had more time to gel as a team?

Have we progressed or have they gone backwards?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Chadders just had a look at the FC Halifax website and can see no mention of any news relating to the Jeff King ban. Am I looking in the wrong place?

King's ban was not on our website but on the FA's sorry. I was surprised Lanzo had not seen this plus for some reason he's had to resort to copying and pasting articles from the FCHT website as opposed to him having the ITK info and posting before the official news is released ;)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, chadders said:

King's ban was not on our website but on the FA's sorry. I was surprised Lanzo had not seen this plus for some reason he's had to resort to copying and pasting articles from the FCHT website as opposed to him having the ITK info and posting before the official news is released ;)

Try reading my first post of the season your so far behind Mr. C All I copy & paste are team selections-

I had seen it but I was answering a direct question on Tues evening.

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

Just watched the highlights and their scorer seemed to run back from an offside position, it is very tight but Nathan has his hand up straight away.

I can't make out who played the ball forward for Jamie to score, it was either a great ball or very lucky Jamie was so alert.

22 minutes ago, townmad said:

Just watched the highlights and their scorer seemed to run back from an offside position, it is very tight but Nathan has his hand up straight away.

I can't make out who played the ball forward for Jamie to score, it was either a great ball or very lucky Jamie was so alert.

I thought there lad looked offside at the time. If he was then we are unfortunate. 

I think with Jamie's goal it was just a hopeful punt upfield. He'll have seen Jamie up there but not very hopeful of finding him up against 2 centre halfs. Poor defending though to let it in behind him Jamie was always going to win that race at that point. Their coach must have been fuming because there is no way they wouldn't have known about Jamie's pace if the ball went in behind them to let it happen in the last minute. Criminal.

Also criminal as was pointed out on there messageboard why did there centre back not take him down and take the red?. He was close enough all the way back to the goal

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I see notts manager is complaining that the Chesterfield manager has departed as Notts had already done their scouting on them and now he doesn´t know how they will play. haha devious trick on Chesterfields part.:lol:

Managers in the National may send players out with a plan but how many follow it:huh:

J

On 11/19/2020 at 6:00 PM, Steve Lanzarote said:

Try reading my first post of the season your so far behind Mr. C All I copy & paste are team selections-

I had seen it but I was answering a direct question on Tues evening.

You keep believing that sunshine ;)