Jump to content

Notts County match thread


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, rdj said:

Steve it is almost like the club think that because the game is going on behind closed doors that there is no need to promote the games.  The club need to be making extra efforts to publicise the club otherwise some of the now armchair fans could remain armchair fans after the pandemic is over.

I saw lots of content promoting the game, just counted, 20 pieces of content since Saturday across all platforms, which allowed county fans to sign up to the stream as well as ours

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This side needs a couple of wins. Confidence will flow back and all this talk about poor passing and choosing the wrong ball etc will disappear. There are some good players in this team, much bet

I kind of enjoyed last nights game!!!! Strange really, but I thought they were 2 very evenly matched teams. I dont want to do the analysis of the game or I'd burst into tears, we know we need a goal s

I was just about to go into the lounge to kick the dog. Now she`s going to get a massive cuddle. Well done Jamie Allen

Posted Images

cant really comment on the match.. i bought the "ticket" to support the club.. but didnt watch, i dont like TV football at the best of times but the frustration of watching Town at the moment  was too much to bear with it being on the box. 

and my frustration level is caused by tactics, 5-3-2 works well when you are on the front foot and you are really getting your wings forward, in which case allen needs to play more down the middle,  but if they are not then you end up being to defensive.. and the goals for and against show that is what is happening 

i think we need to mix up our tactics nothing wrong starting with a 5-3-2 but if its not working bring off a centre back and switch to a a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dcrossl1 said:

Was their goal offside? Looks it.  Have freeze framed it, but can't transfer to here

My first reaction was offside!! So I would say yes. I was very surprised that there was no reaction from the linesman at all and our players didnt seem to question it much either. Thats why I think VAR is so brilliant!!!!!!!! (not) But offside for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steve lumb said:

I saw lots of content promoting the game, just counted, 20 pieces of content since Saturday across all platforms, which allowed county fans to sign up to the stream as well as ours

In the top left corner of the screen, next to the clock & score board, there was a figure of 1.5. I think this is the amount of people watching the game??? I wonder what the ratio of home & away fans are?? And if they are just the ones paying or if it includes like me watching for "free" as a ST holder??? Jut wondered!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Wondered this at the time. Still all a bit too easy though. 

I thought it looked off at the time. In terms of the goal it was too easy. Give a good player that amount of time and space in the box and you will usually be in trouble. Other than that I thought the back 3 played really well. Clarky bossed any of their players, Bradbury and Bryne are not hoof ball merchants, and they do try to get forward at times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick said:

cant really comment on the match.. i bought the "ticket" to support the club.. but didnt watch, i dont like TV football at the best of times but the frustration of watching Town at the moment  was too much to bear with it being on the box. 

and my frustration level is caused by tactics, 5-3-2 works well when you are on the front foot and you are really getting your wings forward, in which case allen needs to play more down the middle,  but if they are not then you end up being to defensive.. and the goals for and against show that is what is happening 

i think we need to mix up our tactics nothing wrong starting with a 5-3-2 but if its not working bring off a centre back and switch to a a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 

It will be interesting now to see if Neil Danns is the same type of quality that Collins brought to us. Hyde is running his legs of making the runs but not receiving the pass etc, if Danns is what I hope he's going to be then he might be the lad to unlock the defences and pick those passes. Collins was excellent at it, but his train of thought was just way to quick for those around him at that time, I think Redshaw suffered from the same problem. Watching Hyde, he definately gets frustrated having made a great run in behind only to not receive the quality pass. Fingers crossed the??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steve lumb said:

I saw lots of content promoting the game, just counted, 20 pieces of content since Saturday across all platforms, which allowed county fans to sign up to the stream as well as ours

On the flip, I only knew we were playing County last night because Chadders told me on Monday. We both knew there was a game, but I couldn't remember who we were playing - originally I thought it was Solihull. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

It will be interesting now to see if Neil Danns is the same type of quality that Collins brought to us. Hyde is running his legs of making the runs but not receiving the pass etc, if Danns is what I hope he's going to be then he might be the lad to unlock the defences and pick those passes. Collins was excellent at it, but his train of thought was just way to quick for those around him at that time, I think Redshaw suffered from the same problem. Watching Hyde, he definately gets frustrated having made a great run in behind only to not receive the quality pass. Fingers crossed the??

The last few matches have been frustrating  but I don't  think we are far off, we do need a few breaks that up to press we haven't  had..............................hope this is still my opinion Saturday at 5 o clock:D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally agree with ShaymenRup when he posted:

For me there is no urgency in our passing. Our passing needs to be slicker and quicker. Our control in the final third must be better.

We do have players who can hurt a side. Allen with his pace and Hyde will score goals.

Defensively we need to stop hoof ball, use the midfield. Earring is our best passer and alongside an industrious Summerfield we have played our better games.

One point I would add, which I don't think anyone has mentioned. Whilst Wild didn't really change the formation in the final 10 to 15 minutes, we did start to commit more men getting forward. Bradbury was coming forward with the ball more, Clark was going upfield more, and staying up at times. Senior and Maher were pushing forward more.

In other words, we were showing a more attacking mentality, rather than sitting back and watching the other team pass it about, as we often do. So a message to Wild. Let's take the shackles off more often. Let's commit more men in to the opposition's half. Above all, let's get more men in the opposition's penalty box, and give Hyde more support. When you watch the goals he scored for Woking, he didn't get them from a position of splendid isolation. He had players near to him in the box, and wide men/wingers putting in telling crosses. Replicate that for him, and he will be back in business.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Flea said:

On the flip, I only knew we were playing County last night because Chadders told me on Monday. We both knew there was a game, but I couldn't remember who we were playing - originally I thought it was Solihull. 

Was only few years ago that Chadders went to Tesco’s to sort Flea out , now he’s in  Tesco’s telling Flea we’ve got a game but really he wants Fleas discount card for his beerB)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldskir said:

I totally agree with ShaymenRup when he posted:

For me there is no urgency in our passing. Our passing needs to be slicker and quicker. Our control in the final third must be better.

We do have players who can hurt a side. Allen with his pace and Hyde will score goals.

Defensively we need to stop hoof ball, use the midfield. Earring is our best passer and alongside an industrious Summerfield we have played our better games.

One point I would add, which I don't think anyone has mentioned. Whilst Wild didn't really change the formation in the final 10 to 15 minutes, we did start to commit more men getting forward. Bradbury was coming forward with the ball more, Clark was going upfield more, and staying up at times. Senior and Maher were pushing forward more.

In other words, we were showing a more attacking mentality, rather than sitting back and watching the other team pass it about, as we often do. So a message to Wild. Let's take the shackles off more often. Let's commit more men in to the opposition's half. Above all, let's get more men in the opposition's penalty box, and give Hyde more support. When you watch the goals he scored for Woking, he didn't get them from a position of splendid isolation. He had players near to him in the box, and wide men/wingers putting in telling crosses. Replicate that for him, and he will be back in business.

Best form of defence is attack, if PW really believes he has recruited the men for the job let them prove it, I think he probably has but we do need to push further up the field for it to count for anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chadders said:

Keep up old luv twas on the FA website on Monday morning. You're slipping and having to resort to copy and pasting from our official website ;)

Chadders just had a look at the FC Halifax website and can see no mention of any news relating to the Jeff King ban. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just listening to England build up prior to the game, a sense of deja view. Both male & female commentators say disappointed at how England set up with 7 defensive  players & not being as expansive as when set up with 4 at the back in stead of 3 + 2 wingbacks. Could have been listening to FC Halifax fans forum comments :unsure: 

Playing with wingbacks requires the ability to cross a ball, we are not able to do that at  present & need to accept it is not working & change it ASAP

Incidentally, it also showed how poor England have performed since changing from a back 4 to a back 3. In every aspect, Possession/shots/goals/wins it is obvious it isnt working at International level never mind in the 5th tier. Must be something to do with our footballers are not as good as we are led to believe.

Just watch England stuff Iceland 6-0   :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Icke's Lizard said:

The 1990 World Cup is regarded as a really poor attacking spectacle with not a lot of goals. 3-5-2 was the common theme and formation back then and how I pray managers bugger it off soon enough this time round. 

It can be a good system if you use it as an attacking form and not just for parking the bus, every player has to know their role but that should apply in any system

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Macam blue said:

Just listening to England build up prior to the game, a sense of deja view. Both male & female commentators say disappointed at how England set up with 7 defensive  players & not being as expansive as when set up with 4 at the back in stead of 3 + 2 wingbacks. Could have been listening to FC Halifax fans forum comments :unsure: 

Playing with wingbacks requires the ability to cross a ball, we are not able to do that at  present & need to accept it is not working & change it ASAP

Incidentally, it also showed how poor England have performed since changing from a back 4 to a back 3. In every aspect, Possession/shots/goals/wins it is obvious it isnt working at International level never mind in the 5th tier. Must be something to do with our footballers are not as good as we are led to believe.

Just watch England stuff Iceland 6-0   :unsure:

Re Town & England playing style, watching last nights tactics while staring into space I decided the boredom levels & general approach were similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...