Notts County match thread

35 minutes ago, olitheshayman said:

We did make some good chances, but I've not seen anyone* mention the one on one their striker squandered with a minute or two of normal time to go? I had a funny feeling they would regret that. 

I never really thought we were going to score. Of course when Gevaro missed that cutback I spent the next 4 mins lying on the floor with my hands over my eyes wondering if we would ever score a goal again

Even when Allen went through on goal I had no confidence he would score. Way our season has gone I half expected it to spin backwards after deflecting off the keeper. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This side needs a couple of wins. Confidence will flow back and all this talk about poor passing and choosing the wrong ball etc will disappear. There are some good players in this team, much bet

I kind of enjoyed last nights game!!!! Strange really, but I thought they were 2 very evenly matched teams. I dont want to do the analysis of the game or I'd burst into tears, we know we need a goal s

I was just about to go into the lounge to kick the dog. Now she`s going to get a massive cuddle. Well done Jamie Allen

Posted Images

Lets cut through the excuses and look at the results - they sadly are not what we want them to be at the moment.

There are aspects of this team that look good and work well. Theres technical improvement in places, however at the same time, the tactics are one dimensional and stale, the play at times is awful, and the important thing - the goals - are not coming. 

It is still early days, however improvements in results and performances are needed. We have been established at this level long enough now to be expecting better than to be scratching around towards the bottom. A couple of wins and everything looks better, so it is not all doom and gloom, but lets be honest at the moment and say we aren't great to watch and it is not fun or inspiring at present. 

Without coming across as harsh, the standard at this level is poor. We need to make sure we aren't one of the worst teams in a poor league. What we have witnessed, more so in the past 5/6 games, has, to be totally blunt, not been good enough. 

Edited by Flea

Over the last few seasons our games must be the lowest in terms of goals per game since Fullarton took over. 

Since we got promoted back to the conference have any of our players scored more than one in a game? McAlinden/Rodney may have managed it last season but struggling to think of any others in 3 and a seasons

5 hours ago, Flea said:

Lets cut through the excuses and look at the results - they sadly are not what we want them to be at the moment.

There are aspects of this team that look good and work well. Theres technical improvement in places, however at the same time, the tactics are one dimensional and stale, the play at times is awful, and the important thing - the goals - are not coming. 

It is still early days, however improvements in results and performances are needed. We have been established at this level long enough now to be expecting better than to be scratching around towards the bottom. A couple of wins and everything looks better, so it is not all doom and gloom, but lets be honest at the moment and say we aren't great to watch and it is not fun or inspiring at present. 

Without coming across as harsh, the standard at this level is poor. We need to make sure we aren't one of the worst teams in a poor league. What we have witnessed, more so in the past 5/6 games, has, to be totally blunt, not been good enough. 

‘Tactics one dimensional and stale’....about sums it up. We arse about with ball, never attack space (when we did we looked dangerous) and do not not force the initiative in the front third. 

Someone needs to get hold of the club by the the scruff and give it a good shake and I mean the whole club the build up to last nights game was non existent, the abysmal notification of a signing on the team sheet before announcing, nothing to create interest but to me it feeds through the team. We are not a million miles away but the way the signing of Danns was was like an apology now I will admit I know nothing of him I really do not follow football league players but if he is as good as say Collins we should have been shouting it from the roof tops. I love this club so sorte it out DB.

• Like 1

Where Wild is coming from with domination I don't know  our passing when we had the ball was better than  them till we got to the to the edge of the penalty area then the wrong choice being made.

Nobody seemed to risk taking anybody on. This league is very poor but so are the leagues above. I don't  think we realise what a difference  not having fans is making to the players you do get a lift from people cheering you on.

Last night  felt like a victory in the end reminded me of  Craig Middleton's  equaliser  at Lincoln circa 2000

• Like 1
8 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Rather be that than be constantly fake. If you’re always a fake positive person you’ll always be let down. If you think realistically and in your eyes “negative” then you’ll never be let down and always happy when it’s better than expected :)

naa mate...tell people like lewis Hamilton,david Beckham,beyonce,jamie vardy that ?

1 minute ago, Sparrow said:

naa mate...tell people like lewis Hamilton,david Beckham,beyonce,jamie vardy that ?

I dont get up in the morning thinking oh no works going to be crap and everything's going to go wrong..I get up thinking I'm going to smash work..which I always end up doing

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Flea said:

For me there is no urgency in our passing. Our passing needs to be slicker and quicker. Our control in the final third must be better.

We do have players who can hurt a side. Allen with his pace and Hyde will score goals.

Defensively we need to stop hoof ball, use the midfield. Earring is our best passer and alongside an industrious Summerfield we have played our better games.

Givaro needs a goal. How he missed his chance last night I don’t know.

Jack Senior good defensively, but his crosses didnt beat the first man- that’s basics.

Good opportunity now to bounce from this result. A good win against Torquay and the season starts again.

5 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

it was very even..notts had a bit more possession than us we had more chances..fair result

We had 4 clear cut chances Sparrow 3 easier to score than miss confidence is rank. Maybe now Allen put away that one hopefully confidence will grow. As I have said we are not that far away the whole club need boosting.

1 minute ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We had 4 clear cut chances Sparrow 3 easier to score than miss confidence is rank. Maybe now Allen put away that one hopefully confidence will grow. As I have said we are not that far away the whole club need boosting.

I agree steve...just think we have been very very unlucky tbh...hopefully like u say that late goal will give us abit of confidence..mabey this season we get all the bad luck out of the way early doors and then get some good luck and start putting the ball in back of net..

3 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

This side needs a couple of wins.

Confidence will flow back and all this talk about poor passing and choosing the wrong ball etc will disappear. There are some good players in this team, much better than last year, and with the confidence some results will bring we will rock teams.

Mr Woodwork will start knocking them in rather than back out. Long distance shots will fly in and knees and backsides will find their scoring touch.

Relax, Believe.

Totally agree RofR but what you been on so early in the morning?:)

• Like 1

Show the players this to improve their confidence

home 19/20 pts 20/21 pts cf pts cf goals diff
Dagenham 1  -  0 3 2  -  0 3 same +1
Yeovil 0  -  2 0 1  -  1 1 +1 +2
Notts C 2  -  4 0 1  -  1 1 +1 +2
away            
Stockport 1  -  5 0 1  -  2 0 same +3
Boreham Wood 1  -  2 0 0  -  0 1 +1 +1
Woking 0  -  0 1 0  -  0 1 same same

4   7 +3 +9
  • Thanks 1

Always makes me laugh when people say it's a poor league. Based on watching us play? Or other games?

Surely if its based on our games so far then were competing well and teams are not over running us? Leading to the conclusion its not that great. 

The leagues full of FT clubs now, some with lots of money, others with large fan bases and some with both. Its not the Runcorn, Stalybridge, Bath Citys of years gone by, who were glorified pub teams with barely any fans or money.

We were worth a point last night despite our deficiencies, chances were still created but the quality in vital areas lacked. Its still early days and there are positives in this team. Wild needs to tweak the formation imo but that said we are a better team than last season for me.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I kind of enjoyed last nights game!!!! Strange really, but I thought they were 2 very evenly matched teams. I dont want to do the analysis of the game or I'd burst into tears, we know we need a goal scorer, Hyde is having the energy drained out of him with every passing game, he desperately needs that goal or his confidence will be zero. The major problem I'm having at the moment is this:- I dont feel any affiliation if thats the correct word, towards the new players. We've had no personal contact with them or vice versa, so watching this bunch of lads on the TV, it's hard to feel any connection with them. Yes its our club and our team, but I'm just not feeling it. I'm starting to realise how hard it must be for them, they've come to a new club, they are a few games in and yet they have no idea just what we the Town fans are like. That might not be a bad thing really!!!! But it must be very difficult, it's a spectator driven sport and its what the players thrive on, what spurs them on. I must be going soft in my old age, but I feel sorry for them. I know nothings gonna change soon but I think the lads need to know that we are behind them and we cant wait to be able to get down to the Shay and actually meet them, in the meantime, I'll take last nights result, the lads did ok, their heads didnt drop and for what its worth I dont think we deserved to lose that game, we had several chances to actually win, but then again so did NC. Lets hope it gee's the boys up for a win on Saturday!! Come on Town. Oh yeah, I'm putting Senior up as my MotM.

Strange game really Tommy nobody really did much wrong it´s just started the season with some crap luck and confidence has drained not just from the players but the club, it summed it up when you could never have told yesterday was a game day no communication Mon/Tue then new signing put on line up before announcing to me is terrible.

3 hours ago, obmij77 said:

‘Tactics one dimensional and stale’....about sums it up. We arse about with ball, never attack space (when we did we looked dangerous) and do not not force the initiative in the front third. 

That about sums it up, we do not pass accurately enough to arse about with the ball.

40 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Strange game really Tommy nobody really did much wrong it´s just started the season with some crap luck and confidence has drained not just from the players but the club, it summed it up when you could never have told yesterday was a game day no communication Mon/Tue then new signing put on line up before announcing to me is terrible.

Steve it is almost like the club think that because the game is going on behind closed doors that there is no need to promote the games.  The club need to be making extra efforts to publicise the club otherwise some of the now armchair fans could remain armchair fans after the pandemic is over.

• Like 2