A living Legend ,Very sad.      My late dad looked very much like Bobby c , I think it was around 1976 on hols with my mum & dad  in north wales,we were sat on the the beach when 2 young lads came up to my dad thinking he was Bobby c, they asked for his autograph, my dad was happy to  play up for Them  & give them the autograph they wanted and singed Bobby c  , big mistake word soon got around that you Know who is sat over there,After a few minutes their was quite a que  , me and my 2 brothers had a right giggle watching my dad Singing  autographs like some super star , when in truth he had never kicked a ball and had no interest in football,but in his element with all the attention he was getting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's an absolute gentleman and I'm gutted at this news. 

I met him when I was younger and at the end of Wembley way as he made his way up the steps below the twin towers, he turned back around and come and chatted with me whilst signing my flag and asking who I supported and said we were going through a rough patch and not very good at the moment! 

He's a great man and it's sad knowing what he's got ahead. 

• Like 1

Back in 1989 or 1990 I won a competition on pennine radio to go to one if Bobby Charlton's soccer schools. It was 2 full days off school and was at Thornton. Got to meet him. Everyone was starstruck but he was great. We were all 10 or 11 years old and he just said "call me Bob lads".

• Like 2