Congratulations to South Shields. They outplayed us in every department. I know we have had plenty to say about our forwards but that was 4 games on the trot without scoring and how many chances have they missed. In fact how many chances have we created. I dont think we have created anything. Every ball that King put in today was straight to their keeper and nothing from the other side. At the other end our defending was poor. They could have had a couple more with a bit of luck. Briggs walked through our defence for the second and Clarke was the wrong side of their player for the first. Hyde did nothing when he came on and I think his first touch was in our half. Unless we create more it wont matter who we play up front.

• Like 1
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can’t believe I travelled all the way to the computer to watch this shite.

If you like

Great coverage, great commentary and the best team won!

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, oldskir said:

Thank goodness we are getting the National Lottery money...cos we ain't getting any money from the Cups.

Harrogate Town, Halesowen, now South Shields. Going out without a whimper each time. And there is one common factor there...Pete Wild.

Basically, we brought our pre season form in to this game.

That was really poor today, we've just got no cutting edge in the final third. We just pass the ball around just outside and just inside the opposition's box, but there are no attempts on goal. It's a bit like Wenger's last years. We just don't look like scoring.

If Hyde is nowhere near fit, release Gold and get another striker in on loan.

Why was our best player, Summerfield, not playing?

Why is right footed Maher playing LEFT back? If he wants to get him in to this team, I would put him in midfield instead of Green.

Why did there seem to be a lack of spirit and desire from our players?

Wild has just said in his post match interview that it was his worst ever performance as manager. 

Wild quotes “The gloves are off now so I can pick who I want Saturday” 

You can pick who you want anyway man you’re the manager. 

Don’t just pick players who are nice guys Wild! Pick players who are decent footballers who will give us the best chance of winning a game. Today everyone could tell you didn’t do that before the game! 

Edited by TJAshton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Wild has just said in his post match interview that it was his worst ever performance as manager. 

I don't know.... We had some pretty bad home performances in our poor run last season. 

Hats off to Wild then in the courier article. He’s admitted we’re were utter s@@@@ unlike some previous managers who would have passed the buck, or offering pathetic excuses. He now has to do something about it and make major changes. Players need dropping/replacing to get the message

18 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Thought we looked better with Bradbury in back line, Maher may have added some bite in midfield proper.

Maher for some reason seemed to be playing at half pace, his passing was poor and and he did not link up well with Clarke. Even Bryne had a poor game by his usual standards.

1 hour ago, Ash said:

I’ve missed these meltdowns from the usual suspects! Almost makes losing worthwhile sometimes.

If you accept mediocrity then that is what you will get .

I admire your level headedness Ash but 2-0 to a club 2 leagues below is not acceptable .

We move on and WEALDSTONE WHO FC..........(  where is that and who are they) are up next at home and the gloves are off and he picks who wants , he picks who want , I am Pete Wild and I pick who I want , well ....let's wait and see ..a reaction to today's humiliation will put today debacle to the history books .

2 minutes ago, monk said:

Pick who I want , WTF has he an imaginary friend .

He’s an imaginary manager.

Said it before, but still haven’t seen anything during his tenure to suggest he will make a manager. He says what the fans want to hear which has bought him a load of goodwill even if the performances don’t deserve it. 
No hiding place now, his squad, his (expanded) back room team, the personal tracking, and most importantly- his tactics (tactic?).

Running out of steam after an hour against Boring Wood was disgraceful and showed a lack of respect for the manager and the fans, but it seems the nice guy has no backbone and is being taken for a ride by at least some of the current squad.

Just because someone reads the books on brain surgery doesn’t mean you can do the operation. Same applies to football.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Angus said:

He’s an imaginary manager.

Said it before, but still haven’t seen anything during his tenure to suggest he will make a manager. He says what the fans want to hear which has bought him a load of goodwill even if the performances don’t deserve it. 
No hiding place now, his squad, his (expanded) back room team, the personal tracking, and most importantly- his tactics (tactic?).

Running out of steam after an hour against Boring Wood was disgraceful and showed a lack of respect for the manager and the fans, but it seems the nice guy has no backbone and is being taken for a ride by at least some of the current squad.

Just because someone reads the books on brain surgery doesn’t mean you can do the operation. Same applies to football.

Quite disgraceful today , his tenure has to be questioned , the FA Cup is the lifeblood for clubs at our level even more so in the current circumstances .

Give him until Christmas .

1 hour ago, Ash said:

I’ve missed these meltdowns from the usual suspects! Almost makes losing worthwhile sometimes.

And the same people like you with the same clueless attitude and are in the just happy to have a club to support crew no matter what dross is served up. You are allowed to criticise the players and management. You are a typical yes man, one of them who has no balls, bit like a sheep who follows the herd.

• Like 1

As one swallow doesn’t make a summer , today’s performance doesn’t make PW a bad manager , move on to the next game because that is the reality of the situation like it or not

.We are in the top half of the league , play off position territory, support your team and keep the faith.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, PRS said:

As one swallow doesn’t make a summer , today’s performance doesn’t make PW a bad manager , move on to the next game because that is the reality of the situation like it or not

.We are in the top half of the league , play off position territory, support your team and keep the faith.

Correct but its about today. Win the next game and this is forgot about. All season the players and management will get all the praise and credit they deserve, but they arent free from criticism they deserve, it works both ways. Today the players and management rightly deserve criticism and are lucky there were no away fans at the game as it wouldn't have been a good reaction at full time, apart from a few sheep who are happy whatever the result 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, PRS said:

I have supported the team for 71 years and will for the rest of my life PRS but today was a shambles from the selection of the team to the final whistle.

• Like 1